Transformers News: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con

Sunday, October 28th, 2018 7:08AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,014

There are some international Transformers fans on location at the MCM London Comic-con, and new toys have been added to the display cases, which we newsed a little earlier. These new toy are all new reveals for the Transformers Studio Series. They include a lot of toys that were eluded to before and a welcome surprise. Below you will see images of deluxe Shatter, deluxe Cogman (who is simply a redeco of the previous release), deluxe Scrap-Metal, voyager Long Haul (in vehicle mode only) and voyager Rampage. From these early images, it seems that Shatter, who turns into her ground vehicle mode here, uses the earlier CG model for her face which we have seen on all her toys so far. There will be more info at the upcoming panel. These images were posted by Rotorstorm on he TFW2005 boards.

So, what are your thoughts on these? Which ones are you going to get? Let us know!

Credit(s): rotorstorm
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991406)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:12am CDT
Oh these are very nice. I especially like the Shatter.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991407)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:13am CDT
All of the above look pretty boss and worth getting. Combining or not.

Plus that Cogman have a new SHINY vehicle mode. Pretty nice for those who missed out on the original.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991408)
Posted by william-james88 on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:15am CDT
MeGrimlock78 wrote:If Jetfire partsforms to make Jetwing Optimus...does that mean pieces like the nose of the plane and the engines are simply taken off to transform Jetfire to robot mode? Because I'm having a hard time seeing those parts in the robot mode pics.

You can see the nose of the plain behind his calves in robot mode.

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Carnivus, I fail to understand how PotP Grimlock "suffers" from the combiner gimmick aside from the lack of included weapons.

The combiner ports end up making the back of the dino mode look pretty crap

Skritz wrote:You know, they should have tried to make the new Movie Jetfire like a Siege Weaponizer meant to interact with a new Voyager Optimus Prime, or at least with a retool with 5mm ports all over. Yes it would mean 'sacrificing' some elements for either figure but it is the only way to make that feature work. Also, bonus point, we'd have a movie guy who can interact with a Generations gimmick once again.

This was the best thing Hasbro could have done to piss off the least people. They got a god looking jetfire who can be used alone and there is the option to combine for those that do. More sacrifices like you suggest would have just added more rage.

DeathReviews wrote:Anything would be an improvement over the mess that was the RotF movie Leader Jetfire. Somehow they made it simple, and yet fiddly to the point of uselessness. .

Amazing review, completely agree!

Decepticon Stryker wrote:Yeah, what about Scarecrow's brain

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)^
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991410)
Posted by Black Hat on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:18am CDT

Scrapmetal looks fun, slightly awkward proportions but the transformation is interesting.

Shatter looks sublime and I want her yesterday.

Cogman with a full paintjob? Yes please!

Long Haul has a nice vehicle mode, hope the robot mode is equally good.

But you know what I really like? Look at Rampage's dozer blade. Look at those ports that don't seem to be for transformation. I think we might have a Devastator on our hands.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991411)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:26am CDT
Black Hat wrote:I hope Rampage is just mistransformed and he still does the tread-whip thing because that aside he looks great.

Shatter looks sublime and I want her yesterday.

Cogman with a full paintjob? Yes please!

Long Haul has a nice vehicle mode, hope the robot mode is equally good.

Ports? I can't see what you mean. I see the black circles which are covering the rivets for a hinge but no ports. Also devastator would be the only thing in the line hilariously out of scale.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991414)
Posted by Black Hat on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:34am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Shatter looks sublime and I want her yesterday.

Cogman with a full paintjob? Yes please!

Long Haul has a nice vehicle mode, hope the robot mode is equally good.

Look at the little grey square in the centre of the shovel/blade. It's got a tiny peg in it. It's also surrounded by big slots in the black blade itself, which again don't correspond to the transformation.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991415)
Posted by dragons on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:43am CDT
Pretty nice looking constructicons if they did add combine mode as nice bonus others need be made as well combine or not look better from first versions we got of them
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991416)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 28th, 2018 @ 7:45am CDT
Right now I see, I was getting confused with the wrong picture. I still hope they don't combine and instead do a separate release for one in a line where there's not an emphasis on scale.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991418)
Posted by Deadput on October 28th, 2018 @ 8:03am CDT
So the rumors were indeed true, I suspected as much with the reveal of Jetfire and Megatron. (And Sideswipe's wave before that)

I guess we really are getting Dino :D (DOTM Mirage to those who don't remember) hope the figure does my absolute fave robot design in the entire franchise justice.

Also interesting to see it actually is Scrap-Metal and not just Scrapper with his name. (I presume that Scrapper could be a voyager if there is going to be one)

One quick note that face of Shatter's is her battle mask and is indeed in the movie since you can see her with it on the Cybertron scene in one of the trailers. (On the left in the pic)

Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991419)
Posted by Deadput on October 28th, 2018 @ 8:14am CDT
By Primus we have Long haul as the thick chunky bot he should be! (This also sort of helps make that Payload repaint of the original mold more distinct I guess)

Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991420)
Posted by Black Hat on October 28th, 2018 @ 8:21am CDT
This looks to be badly mistransformed (Pretty sure that mess of kibble folds up much better) but if not, yikes!
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991422)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 28th, 2018 @ 8:29am CDT
I need all the toys, I need money to buy all the toys
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991427)
Posted by Bucky on October 28th, 2018 @ 8:49am CDT
Black Hat wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Shatter looks sublime and I want her yesterday.

Cogman with a full paintjob? Yes please!

Long Haul has a nice vehicle mode, hope the robot mode is equally good.

Oof. I didn’t see that at all at first. And when you look at how his arms fold up on the sides, and that there’s unfortunately no indication of him having tread whips (at least as far as I can see), it does look like he’s part of a Devastator combiner. He also looks a little simpler than I was expecting, :(

Well if the Constructicons do turn out to be combiners, I will be a little disappointed, but there isn’t anything that says I can’t display them individually anyway. And maybe a Devastator won’t look bad. I guess we’ll all find out eventually. I’m still in the minority here for not wanting a combiner, but all what that means is that Has/Tak are giving the majority of movie toy fans what they want. So it’s not a bad thing.

Scrap Metal’s bot mode isn’t quite what I was expecting, but he doesn’t look bad. I’m still looking forward to picking him up.

Shatter looks stunning.

I’m happy that Long Haul is so beefy. That chunky look of his is going to make him stand out from the other SS in the best way possible.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991428)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on October 28th, 2018 @ 8:52am CDT
Bucky wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Shatter looks sublime and I want her yesterday.

Cogman with a full paintjob? Yes please!

Long Haul has a nice vehicle mode, hope the robot mode is equally good.

Shatter looks stunning.

I think Rampage is just badly mistransformed. I am pretty sure there are what looks like hinges right where the hands are for the treads. I don't think they will be very long, but I think they are there. We can only hope that they reveal official art for them later on in the day.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991431)
Posted by jtanimator on October 28th, 2018 @ 9:43am CDT
Hate to be that guy, but I seem to be the only one disappointed with their choice of Cogman for the Studio Series. I don't think people are realizing how much this throws off the "scale" value of the studio series. Cogman was the size of a human, maybe a little taller. If he's sold as a Studio Series figure, he should have simply been a small untransforming action figure sold exclusively with a larger Studio Series figure from the Last Knight. Similar to how we got scorponok with Blackout. Oh well, I'm still pretty happy since I missed the opportunity to get him last year.

Fingers crossed to getting a Devastator out of these great looking constructicons!
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991432)
Posted by Cprime18 on October 28th, 2018 @ 9:49am CDT
This looks like a combiner port folded up :-?
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991433)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 28th, 2018 @ 9:50am CDT
Cogman is the titan master head figure. The body is the car he drives Burton about in the film
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991434)
Posted by Bucky on October 28th, 2018 @ 9:54am CDT
Jtanimator - I believe that Cogman’s headmaster is supposed to be the Cogman that we saw in the film, and that we never got to actually see him combine with his transtector. So I think he is technically in scale with th rest of the line because of that.

I just know that I’m going to pass on him. I’m sure that the toy itself is good, but Cogman was easily one of the worst parts of TLK for me.
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991436)
Posted by Black Hat on October 28th, 2018 @ 9:55am CDT

HAPPENING
Re: Studio Series Long Haul, Cogman, Shatter Scrap Metal and Rampage Revealed at MCM London Comic-con (1991437)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 28th, 2018 @ 9:56am CDT
I already have TLK Cogman but I want this one cos its got the shiny paint I wanted on the first one. Still missing a lil Anthony Hopkins mini figure to sit in one of the two seats in car mode though. I may have to fashion one

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Beachcomber Collection 3 100% Complete Micro Changers Kre-O Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Tech Specs Mini 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "New 2012 Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Nova Stinger Bow Airachnid Figure 3"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: SWERVE. Cyber Planet Key. Unopened!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Slipstream Scout Class Action Figure Fusion Mace NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Ultra Class 6.25-inch Figure" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Hook Constructicon  Figure for Devastator Vintage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Wheelie Asia Exclusive Autobot Deluxe NIP" on EBAY