Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail

Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail

Saturday, April 10th, 2021 9:36pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,095

Several in our community have been finding the latest Transformers Studio Series toys at US and Canadian retail and we wanted to share. The wave 12 deluxe toys are SS-71 Dark Of The Moon Dino and SS-70 B-127 (Cybertronian Bumblebee). Those were found at Target in the US and at EB Games in Canada.

The wave 12 voyagers have also been found at Target in the US. That wave consists of SS-72 Starscream from the Bumblebee Movie and a repack of SS86 Hot Rod (see, we can all get along).

We thank DMaximus Primal for the image below and TFKevfan77 for the sightings.

Transformers News: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail

Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101311)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 11th, 2021 @ 12:32am CDT
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101312)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 11th, 2021 @ 12:34am CDT
Mine's worth it to me
He's a little short compared to cyclonus and the upcoming galvatron but I like him a lot. He reminds me of Mr Sinister
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101320)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 11th, 2021 @ 5:13am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:So, I have a question for everyone that's picked up SS86 Scourge: Do you think he's worth getting?

All the way. He look absolutely fantastic next to Cyclonus and his transformation is fun. Plus his laser effect is hilarious. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

He have two flaws. The underside of the space boat is not as clean as the previous versions and he's back heavy in bot mode. No deal breakers though.

Overall, worth getting at full price. ;)^
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101326)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 9:28am CDT
Scourge is absolutely worth getting. And yes at full price.
Imo, Cyclonus, Scourge, Grimlock, & Hot Rod are the best figures to be released in these recent lines.
I’m not into BW so sure, someone may say one of those figures deserves high recognition. That’s also not to suggest there haven’t been other outstanding figures from the last couple years.
But for me Scourge is pretty special— it’s really difficult and tbh almost impossible for me to believe Hastak can or ever will make a better version of this character.
If anything, I see this one being re-released down the road (especially if they want to “celebrate” the movie in 5 years). So yeah, the colors could change slightly (although those are also on point imo). Hastak could really cash-in on that situation.
The head/face sculpt, the LACK of the Siege-style overkilled mold details, the proportions, the transformation, & the alt mode are all incredibly good. I also think he scales really well with Cyclonus. I don’t mind at all that he’s slightly shorter. To me this is very in-line with the hierarchy of the characters.
Could his wings look more “wing-like”? Maybe, but I’m not sure how if he’s still going to transform & have a good looking alt mode.
In a few years will Hastak revisit this character? Yeah, possibly. A lot of collectors just like the idea of “new” once some time has passed.
But will any future version be better? Possible, but unlikely.
Not only could Hastak re-release this guy in the future, but by making such a quality version they’ve created themselves an opportunity to now go in a different direction; meaning the next release of this character could be based on some gimmick & get away from the screen-accurate appearance being such a priority
(which is what I’m predicting for a lot of these characters’ next releases).
The thought of, “We made an extremely accurate G1 version of this guy which is pretty damn good; do you really want another one? How about we now go in a different direction & switch it up a bit?” makes a whole lot of sense.
Between the “new” factor & a “play enhancing” gimmick, some collectors will buy a new version in 3-5 years, so Hastak has a win-win.
“Different direction” & “switching it up” doesn’t just refer to stylization of specific characters, it also means Hastak can branch out even more into different TF series.
Even as a fan of G1, I know it’s time for this to start happening more. Just because I won’t buy BW, Cybertron, or Armada figures doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be made.

That was a lengthy “yes”, but even if you’re on the fence I completely recommend getting this guy!!!
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101327)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 11th, 2021 @ 9:31am CDT
One thing I will caution- and its most likely just with my copy- one of the wings doesn't quite sit flush in his alt mode. The other one hugs the bottom but this one leaves a slight amount of space and I stupidly just kept trying to push at it to see what the problem was and now there's a small stretch mark at the point of connection. It's barely noticeable but it is a bit scary lol
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101329)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 11th, 2021 @ 9:55am CDT
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101330)
Posted by sol magnus on April 11th, 2021 @ 9:56am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Thanks everyone! I've been on the fence about getting him since I've never really liked his alt mode and I have the Titans Return Scourge but I finally saw him in hand yesterday and he was looking good, but I wasn't sure if I should get him or not. If he's still there I'll probably pick him up

I bought three of him. And they are making a Sweep. My Sweep may end up being my Scourge. :lol:
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101344)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2021 @ 1:32pm CDT
SS86 Slag and Daniel from Vector Sigma Facebook and he is massive!!!

Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101345)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 11th, 2021 @ 1:46pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Aronjlove, we've learned that the folks over at the Vector Sigma Facebook page have dropped a Bombshell, our first peek at the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag and Daniel!

Slag, following Grimlock before him, looks extremely accurate to the G1 cartoon. Daniel seems to be another non-transforming addition to the figure like Wheelie with Grimlock, but that could be proven otherwise the more we get to see of the figure. Hopefully an official reveal us in our future.

Update:

Thanks to the intrepid efforts of fellow Seibertron user, Mindmaster, we now have a better photo showing off Daniel!

Do you like what you see here?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101346)
Posted by Optimutt on April 11th, 2021 @ 1:52pm CDT
What!?!

OMG! Yes. All of the YES! Bought on sight.
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101347)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:02pm CDT
I hope they do the other 3 as leaders !!!!! They can pack Carly with Swoop !!!!
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101348)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:02pm CDT
Mbaybe Chip Chase with Snarl .
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101349)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:03pm CDT
HELLS YES!!!!!!!!!!

In dino mode the rear legs are a little thin, but you can tell the reason is so that they would tuck away into the lower sections of the bot legs.
Overall, that is glorious!!!!!!!!

The robot mode is so good!! Red face and head!!!!
So excited about this news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101350)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:04pm CDT
Updated news post with new photo of Daniel
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101351)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:07pm CDT
It's a shame the pack-in figures seem to be defaulting to a bent-knee posture but with how good the main figure is I ain't complaining. Grimlock was a buy on site and so is Slag. Very happy they are using leader class for them all. Can't wait to see the rest!
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101352)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:08pm CDT
Bombshell0001 wrote:I hope they do the other 3 as leaders !!!!! They can pack Carly with Swoop !!!!

As much as people have said Swoop could be a voyager, I hope he's a leader... A large dino mode for him would be awesome... Plus then he won't look like a Dinobot Jr. in bot mode.
The more I think about it, the more it will be a really tremendous letdown if he ends up being a voyager.
And if "plastic distribution" is an issue, I say pack in a couple of the swords with him.
I'd also consider that with either of the 2 others; which ever Hastak feels is the less popular, pack in 3 swords and a handful of blast effects (if they're not going to include a human figure); helps both justify the price, and helps makes the figure a little more appealing!
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101353)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:10pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101354)
Posted by jtanimator on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:15pm CDT
YESSSSSSSSSS AHAHAHAH THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! As someone who doesn't really love the G1 Slag design, I'm just SO hyped that they seem to be giving us the rest of the Dinobots IN LEADER CLASS SCALE. That is simply EPIC. I can imagine them doing Swoop as a larger Voyager closer to Cyclonus's height to make more sense of their budget, and I'm totally good with that.
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101355)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:16pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:For me, they don't even need to pack in anything and I'll buy a leader Swoop. I don't normally worry about scale so much but these are shaping up to be the definitive take for me on the Dinobots. Leader-class for them all!

Absolutely... If they each came with their gun and sword, I'd still happily pay $50 per.
Was just thinking that even with long wings, Swoop may not use as much plastic.
If they run out of human/small character ideas for pack-in's, swords would be an easy add-in!!
Re: Studio Series Wave 12 Found at US and Canadian Retail (2101356)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:17pm CDT
YESSSSS FINALLYYYY
He looks good! I did notice the thin hind legs but his Dino mode looks pretty solid and he looks extra thicc in bot mode! Even makes grimmy look a little small which is perfect because I was going to put the rest of the dinobots with MP Grimlock anyways

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom Cyclonus - War for Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander ULTRA MAGNUS UK STOCK NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Star Hammer Wheel Jack Cyberverse UK Stock NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Limited DOUBLE PUNCH / Botcon Japan 98 Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2008 Transformers Attendee Exclusive Shattered Glass Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Spinister" on EBAY