Saturday, March 7th, 2020 7:19pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 30,667

We bring you news this evening that Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxe figures have been found at retail in the U.S., by yours truly. Perusing the shelves at specialty toy shop Megalopolis: City of Collectibles in South Salt Lake, Utah, SS-57, SS-58, and SS-59, otherwise known as Offroad Bumblebee, Roadbuster, and jet mode Shatter, had been recently stocked, with photo proof below. They were each listed for $22.99. Also found on another shelf were Earthrise Battle Masters Soundbarrier, a new mold, and Smashdown, a straight re-release of the Siege Battle Master.

Transformers News: Studio Series Wave 9 and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail

These figures are showing up a bit early, as many preorders have them coming in late March or early April- specialty shops such as this one often get new figures in earlier than mass retail, though their prices may be a touch higher. Roadbuster is the first of the Dark of the Moon Wreckers to come in the Studio Series line, while Shatter and Bumblebee are both from the Bumblebee movie; 'Bee taking the form of an Earth mode jeep which he scans upon first arriving on Earth, and Shatter comes in her jet mode.

Have you seen any upcoming figures at retail, and there hasn't been a news story about it on our front page? Please contact us, with photo proof, and you could be credited in the story. Happy hunting, Seibertronians!

Credit(s): Bounti76

Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2055985)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on March 8th, 2020 @ 9:35am CDT
I really, really want more toys of the characters in their Bee movie designs. Also wouldn't mind a reissue of Bludgeon, Seaspray, and Skyhammer. Top wants are covered at the moment, just hoping for the above and a DOTM Astrotrain!

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2055986)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 8th, 2020 @ 9:38am CDT
Astrotrain was in Dark of the Moon?
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2055990)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 8th, 2020 @ 10:50am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Astrotrain was in Dark of the Moon?

Not in the movie itself, but he did show up in the prequel comics.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056016)
Posted by Tuned Agent on March 8th, 2020 @ 3:11pm CDT
I guess it's time to start hunting for Roadbuster. Hopefully my area doesn't skip this wave like the last one.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056200)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 9th, 2020 @ 6:46pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
LinaNui wrote:Shockwave was the lucky winner today, so he got to come to work with me. Really love the robot mode of him. Anyone know of a 3d model driller that can be printed to go along with him?

Unique toys (the guys who did those 3P TLK Optimus and Megatron) have a display base that's styled like the Driller that'd probably look cool with Shockwave. I'm not sure if you can buy it separately from one of their figures, though.

Also, I found something interesting while finding references for painting SS Topspin eventually.

I thought it was weird that the SS has removable claws, but that's actually accurate! He has the claws out when you first see him near the shuttle, but later on in Chicago they're not deployed.
Topspin2.PNG

Topspin.png

Gosh I love his design, I love it!
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056273)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on March 10th, 2020 @ 4:02pm CDT
You know, I'm liking that Offroad Bee more and more every time I see him. :-?

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056274)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 10th, 2020 @ 4:06pm CDT
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:You know, I'm liking that Offroad Bee more and more every time I see him. :-?

:BH-PREDACON:

Same here. Wonder what they're going to do with the mold.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056279)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on March 10th, 2020 @ 4:32pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

:BH-PREDACON:

Same here. Wonder what they're going to do with the mold.

It seems they're already reshelling it for Studio Series BB Cliffjumper, which means it'll also probably get the Bumblebee head again and be redecoed into BB Cybertronian Bee. Maybe even reshelled into an improved screen-accuracy Volkswagen Bee.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056283)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 10th, 2020 @ 4:58pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

:BH-PREDACON:

Same here. Wonder what they're going to do with the mold.

It could also be painted green and called Hound, before he got fat. :lol: :lol:
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056284)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on March 10th, 2020 @ 5:04pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

:BH-PREDACON:

Same here. Wonder what they're going to do with the mold.

It could also be painted green and called Hound, before he got fat. :lol: :lol:

Dude, I was totally thinking that! ;)^ Also, Cliff is my first buy. This guy is a maybe.

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056297)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 10th, 2020 @ 6:52pm CDT

To you here, I have a hard time deciding which of these designs I like more. I really like both! But they are pretty different

also, this guy is ready to meet his update

Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056306)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 10th, 2020 @ 7:05pm CDT

:BH-PREDACON:

Same here. I figured I'd skip it at first since I'm focusing on the first 3 movies, but having a Bumblebee that's pretty close to the Bayverse style and turns into a military vehicle is cool, kinda like a companion figure for WWII Bee.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056308)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 10th, 2020 @ 7:10pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

:BH-PREDACON:

Plus, a Jeep bee is totally unique!
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056315)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 10th, 2020 @ 7:43pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:While I am packing, I've spotlighted some of my figures and posed some questions and thoughts.

also, this guy is ready to meet his update

You know, Barricades TLK design is one of my favorite movie designs. That toy though, is just generic trash. I'm desperate hoping for a SS or MPM version. The SS I think has a good chance, but a MPM is probably a good 20 years away.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056327)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 10th, 2020 @ 8:12pm CDT

also, this guy is ready to meet his update

Personally, I prefer the original trilogy design for Barricade, and I too am looking forward to an updated Devastator.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056339)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 10th, 2020 @ 10:15pm CDT
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056346)
Posted by Tuned Agent on March 10th, 2020 @ 10:43pm CDT

also, this guy is ready to meet his update

I think I prefer Barricade from the first movies, though it may have something to do with TLK Barricade getting all of about 30 seconds of screentime.
Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056347)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 10th, 2020 @ 10:48pm CDT

also, this guy is ready to meet his update

Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056398)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 11th, 2020 @ 3:32pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
also, this guy is ready to meet his update

Re: Studio Series Wave 9 Deluxes and Earthrise Battle Masters Wave 1 Found at U.S. Retail (2056421)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 11th, 2020 @ 6:47pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Gonna disagree with you on that, D-Max, I think Barricade from TLK looks better on screen and in toy form than from the OT.

I didn't say which I thought was better, that's the point! I don't know which is better to me!
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I think I prefer TLK as a design, but as Barricade I do prefer the first movie's design, though I feel the SS figure is a bit too skinny. I might be wrong, but I thought Barricade was bulkier in the movie

I agree, I feel like the SS is too small
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I sold off that version of Devastator a bit ago. I've still got the Legends-class version, though. I'm more interested in matching up SS-Devastator with Titan-Class Devastator from G1! :D

I'm looking forward to SS Devastator destroying every other combiner and Transformer that exists, he is going to be epic!

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY