Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip

Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 1:16am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,671

Last week the voice actors and opening/closing themes for the Japanese version of Transformers Prime ("Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime") were revealed. Now we have sort audio clip of "Feeling" by BigBang, the song that will serve as the show's opening theme. Keep in mind this clip was not specifically released as a teaser for the show's theme, but it is the song they will be using and this should give us a good idea of what the opening theme will sound like. Check it out in the YouTube clip embedded below.

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 24th, 2012 2:32am CDT

Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361791)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 24th, 2012 @ 1:29am CDT
Ew.

Never watch Japanese versions of shows or anime anyway I suppose. Though I'm guessing someone will like it.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361794)
Posted by Mkall on March 24th, 2012 @ 1:40am CDT
Meh.

Now Jam Project's Animated Intro - that was a theme song.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361795)
Posted by mattwhite924 on March 24th, 2012 @ 1:44am CDT
That song doesn't really feel like Transformers to me. I think the US theme is kind of generic, but at least it fits in with the tone of the show.

Transformers Animated still has my favorite opening theme. I love how they modernized the G1 theme for it.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361797)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 24th, 2012 @ 2:02am CDT
Is that...English I'm hearing??
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361809)
Posted by Mykltron on March 24th, 2012 @ 5:53am CDT
That's so lame. Sounds more like the theme for a show aimed at very young girls. Or very young gays.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361814)
Posted by Shadowstream on March 24th, 2012 @ 6:22am CDT
Y'know, after Transformers EVO I knew there was absolutely no way they could live up to that for any TF series to follow... and now they're not even trying.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361816)
Posted by guarayakha on March 24th, 2012 @ 6:33am CDT
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361832)
Posted by KnightStrike on March 24th, 2012 @ 8:36am CDT
Okay so TF Prime has a fantastic score with a film quality feel to it and the Japanese are using this?? Not knocking the song or group, but it just doesn't feel like it fits to me. I have now been reminded of why I gave up anime years ago and have no interest in most Japanese pop culture anymore, it has become far too goofy/weird/bubblegum pop for my taste. I just hope this thing never makes it way into the US release in any way shape or form.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361837)
Posted by KnightStrike on March 24th, 2012 @ 8:57am CDT
In other news, character name changes for the Japanese version will include Bieberbee(for once his broken voice module would be a blessing) and HannahMontanatron.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361849)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2012 @ 10:08am CDT
Is it just me, or is there way more English than Japanese in that Japanese song? O.o

Sabrblade wrote:Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

WHY?!!!! Why another rap theme song?!!!

It barely worked for Beast Wars (though, most would say that it *didn't* work at all), so why would they ever try it again with this?!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Transformers and rap do NOT mix! In ANY form. >:oP

Also, I just found this:

The song sounds a little better in this video, but not by much.

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Ew.

You're missing out. And you're gonna kinda have to with the Shout! Factory DVDs, of the Japaense G1 cartoons. ;)

Mkall wrote:Meh.

Now Jam Project's Animated Intro - that was a theme song.
Amen! Transformers EVO. = =P~ =P~ =P~

Autobot032 wrote:Is that...English I'm hearing??
Yes. Whiule the Japanese are all for Gratuitous English, the level of it in this song is ridiculous.

guarayakha wrote:God I duckin' hate K-pop so much. How does that even fit in with what Transformers Prime is all about? :BANG_HEAD:
What does Korea have to do with this?
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361896)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on March 24th, 2012 @ 2:54pm CDT
Bleh :SICK:
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361936)
Posted by Blurrz on March 24th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CDT
Would've been sick if they threw in some the brilliant green/tommy heavenly6, but I guess they want to draw in a more diverse crowd by using a K-pop group instead

Sabrblade wrote:
What does Korea have to do with this?

BB is K-pop/from South Korea
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1361995)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 24th, 2012 @ 8:56pm CDT
Compared to this.

Usually I can actually withstand the force of terrible J/K-pop, since I simply cannot understand the lyrics. But as an opening/ending theme for TFPrime? Any words I could use to describe my feelings would be highly offensive and I'm not certain I could get away with that language on this board. Heck I wouldn't even call this good for a J-pop song.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1362048)
Posted by guarayakha on March 25th, 2012 @ 2:04am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:What does Korea have to do with this?

Blurrz wrote:BB is K-pop/from South Korea

What Blurrz said. This is a Korean group performing a Japanese song with Engrish in it.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1362187)
Posted by Nekoman on March 25th, 2012 @ 3:17pm CDT
I like it. I think the lighter sound fits well enough with the style of the show. I think Flow could have sung a similar song, better, but it's good enough.

Then again, after mentioning Flow, I think it would've been 10x better had they done it.

Sabrblade wrote:Since it still sounds like a rap to me, I said it once before and I'll say it again:
Sabrblade wrote:Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

WHY?!!!! Why another rap theme song?!!!

Transformers and rap do NOT mix! In ANY form. >:oP

Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1362297)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2012 @ 11:05pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:Srsly? I loved the Beast Wars track. That first OP was the absolute best. :michaelbay:
This song is the one I'm referring to:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it too. It even made it onto my top 20 list of the greatest Japanese Transformers opening themes. But, it's purely guilty pleasure material, as this song is, by no means, an excellent song.
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1362917)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 27th, 2012 @ 6:03pm CDT
Korean Pop group Big Bang have uploaded the full version of the Japanese Transformers Prime opening song titled "Feeling" from their album Alive. This hip hop grounded track borders electronica with a heavy western/house influence. The entire album is available on iTunes Japan, which you can view by clicking here. Enjoy the track via Big Bang's youtube.com video!

Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1362926)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2012 @ 6:18pm CDT
Listening to it now.

EDIT: Well... that was... something.

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. It did have some genuine catchy and upbeat parts in it, but... yeah, it just doesn't have that right "feeling" (ironic, isn't it? :P ).

Admittedly, the more I listen to it, the more it grows on me (as has been the case with every Japanese TF song I've heard). I honestly don't think this song is bad at all, just that it isn't anything that special either. At best, it's... okay.

It's nowhere near as cool as some of the previous JTF opening themes. I mean, RiD got Koji Wada! Micron Densetsu got Psychic Lover! Animated got JAM Project! So, yeah, with this, there is no comparison.

But, all the same, it isn't a bad song. It's just one that none of us was expecting after all the more epic-sounding theme songs we've had in the past. And, who knows, maybe the ending theme song will be cool. And, maybe the visuals of the theme song will help make this one work better.

For now, it's not great, but I've honestly heard much worse. It isn't "bad", it's just "different". :-|
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1362932)
Posted by Optimus1116 on March 27th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT
I don't like it... :BOOM:
Re: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime Opening Theme Audio Clip (1362949)
Posted by Mkall on March 27th, 2012 @ 6:58pm CDT
It's not bad, but it's not something I'll willingly listen to again.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave & Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 G1 STARSCREAM Evil Decepticon Original 100% complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY