Saturday, April 20th, 2019 11:43AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 19,540

Fellow Seibertronians, you may recall that we reported almost a week ago about a new stop motion animated short featuring the Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege series of figures, duking it out on the battlefield in a fighting game type of framework. Well, Seibeton.com member Cyberpath has let us know that Taiwan Hasbro is continuing their series of shorts with another installment, published to their YouTube channel, this time featuring the first two Leader Class figures for the Siege line, Ultra Magnus and Shockwave! Again, the animation makes use of the fighting game motif, complete with a character select screen at a "KO!" declaration at the end of combat. This latest short shows off how to transform and armor up both Ultra Magnus and Shockwave as per their Leader Class gimmick for the line. Once again, most of the special effects are done with computer animation and not the weapon effects parts from the Battle Master Class of the line. Take a look for yourselves at the video below and see which bot stands victorious at the end!

What Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege figures do you want to see featured in the next stop motion short by Taiwan Hasbro? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Credit(s): Cyberpath, YouTube.com
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019441)
Posted by sol magnus on April 20th, 2019 @ 11:46am CDT
Nice! Now, if I can only find Shockwave...
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019442)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 20th, 2019 @ 11:52am CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I can't wait to get Sixgun to go with the Takara Metroplex that just arrived, he and the two micromaster packs are all I have left to get from wave 2.

Tell us how he colors on Sixgun match up with Takara Tomy's release of Metroplex. I have the SDCC version of Metroplex, and the reds are just a bit off from one another, but not enough to be distracting.
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019443)
Posted by Vic Zanzibar on April 20th, 2019 @ 12:31pm CDT

There can be only one. Siege Ironhide is absolutely fantastic. I’ve been trying to think of other characters aside from Ratchet it could be repainted into because it is so good, I want it many more times. Energon Tow Line might be a bit obscure for the main line, but it would be fun to see the homage get homaged.
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019445)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on April 20th, 2019 @ 12:39pm CDT
Ultra Magnus knocked Shockwave out with a street sign? I don't think so!
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019446)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on April 20th, 2019 @ 2:10pm CDT
Oh boy! Time for evey g1 fans tramatic memory ImageImageImage
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019448)
Posted by Skritz on April 20th, 2019 @ 2:21pm CDT
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019452)
Posted by Vic Zanzibar on April 20th, 2019 @ 5:22pm CDT
Skritz wrote:Man, I was originally skipping out on the 'deluxe autobots' to not go down a spiral of trying to get the whole G1 cast but Ironhide looks really, really good. :shock:

I'm being selective about it. I ignore Siege figures if I already have CHUG versions I'm happy with as is the case with Universe 2.0 Sideswipe, the Universe 2.0 Datsun Boys, and T30 Chromia. However, if Siege makes a really obviously superior version of a character like Hound and Ironhide, I'll get them.
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019454)
Posted by Skritz on April 20th, 2019 @ 6:05pm CDT
Vic Zanzibar wrote:

In my case, outside of Optimus Prime I had no '84-'85 Autobot character prior to Siege since I started during Titans Return. Since then I've gotten my hands on some of the mini-bots, namely Bumblebee, Cosmos and Brawn via their TR version and POTP Beachcomber.
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019456)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 20th, 2019 @ 7:40pm CDT
So, have any more Galaxy Upgrade Primes shown up yet? There were a handful of sightings suddenly and then... nothing? Seems like the few sightings we got were some kind of fluke.
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019461)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on April 20th, 2019 @ 10:21pm CDT
I think Big hasbrother caught word of what happened and stomped it out that fire before it could spread into a PR nightmare,
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019462)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 20th, 2019 @ 10:29pm CDT
TrypticonCarne wrote:Oh boy! Time for evey g1 fans tramatic memory ImageImageImage

Such heroic nonsense!
0420192022.jpg
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019504)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 21st, 2019 @ 8:54pm CDT

Wave 2 wise, I need to find leader Prime, the Battlemasters, and the micromasters still
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019520)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on April 22nd, 2019 @ 2:02am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Oh yeah, I still need Leader Prime too. Guess I wasn't considering it wave 2 since it's supposed to come out alongside the Wave 3s.
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019524)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 22nd, 2019 @ 6:43am CDT
Thanks to a tip off from fellow Seibertron user, TFanPage101, we've learned that YouTuber TonTon Reviews, has just reviewed the highly anticipated Commander Class Jetfire figure from the Transformers War for Cybertron Siege toyline!

In the review he goes through the basics of transformation, scale to other transformer figures (namely Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime, Deluxe Class Prowl, Studio Series Leader Class Jetfire and Studio Series Voyager Class Movie 1 Optimus Prime), all the points of articulation, and a run down on all the action points of the toy. This includes showing its interaction with other Siege figures and how Titan/Prime Masters can get in the fun via Jetfire's cockpit!

We have embedded the video below for your convenience.

What do you think of this figure? Are you looking forward to adding Jetfire to your collection? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019529)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on April 22nd, 2019 @ 7:51am CDT
That size is crazy....
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019530)
Posted by frogbat on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:12am CDT
haven't watched the thing in detail... but it's shaping up to be an awesome toy. TF of the year will prolly be a battle between this and omega supreme for me.
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019532)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:21am CDT
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019534)
Posted by sol magnus on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:38am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Really wish he would have also used a CW Combiner for size comparison to see just how accurate Hasbro's 11-inch claim really was.

I guess I missed this. Can you elaborate?
Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019535)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:38am CDT

Someone mentioned Beeicron the other day. Found a modern update to it

Re: Taiwan Hasbro Releases Episode 2 of Their Stop Motion Animated Transformers Siege Series of Shorts (2019536)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:41am CDT
sol magnus wrote:

I guess I missed this. Can you elaborate?
When Hasbro first revealed Jetfire, they claimed it to be 11 inches tall.

That height, however, would make the figure shorter than the likes of the CW Combiners (who are all about 11.5 inches tall), when all images of the toy make it appear to be much taller than that.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rock Garage Rescue Bots Fireman Fireplug CHOP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots 10, 2 Of Salvage, Chase, Boulder, Heatwave, & Hightide" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots - Arctic Boulder & Bumblebee Rock Team" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G2 MEGATRON WITH BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 Manta Ray (Hasbro 1994) Ultra Rare Brand New on Card" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Robots In Disguise 2 Pack Figures Hot Shot R.E.V. Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "SWINDLE Transformers Fall of Cybertron Unopened/Sealed USA Seller" on EBAY