Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders

Transformers News: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders

Thursday, August 10th, 2017 11:45AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,213

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We had written that the Takara Legends Line reissues resulting from the Japan only survey would be dependent on preorders. Well it seems more were ready to answer the survey than to preorder the products since the lack of preorders on Takaratomymall website have resulted in them cancelling the reissues of LG-07 Jetfire, LG-13 Megatron, LG-31 Fortress Maximus, and LG-32 Chromedome. It is of course understandable that several fans reading this news did not preorder since only someone with a Japanese mailing adress can preorder from Takaratomymall. The news was found on the snakas blog and sent to us by Sabrblade.

Sabrblade wrote:Got some bad news about these reissues. Some of them didn't get enough orders in to make it to production.

http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-6086.html

The ones that didn't make it are LG07 Jetfire, LG-13 Megatron, LG-31 Fortress Maximus, and LG-32 Chromedome. These four reissues have thus been canceled.

The rest, however, will be coming.


Transformers News: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders
Credit(s): snakas blog
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903478)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 10th, 2017 @ 1:08pm CDT
Goddammit....
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903491)
Posted by RAR on August 10th, 2017 @ 1:56pm CDT
I was Kinda mystified by the Jefire Reissue he's very easy to get heck one of the sources on eBay is a Japanese collectables chain.

Blurr Makes a lot of sense - Wheelie modest sense.
jetfire was alway a bit of "Huh" moment.

Fort Max's problem is simply he cost to much - if they want to be able to sell them simply reissue them in a future line with new (previously missing) accessories made for it - and don't glue the legs together and make an extra label sheet for the interior. (printing a bonus base mode transformation on the rear) ideally though that thing need whole new knees.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903499)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on August 10th, 2017 @ 2:14pm CDT
Well, that is certainly bum news to hear
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903501)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 10th, 2017 @ 2:21pm CDT
pffft, not surprised, most of those figures sucked in the first place, and if they wanted to sell a bunch more fort max's they should first endeavor to make sure the base mold isn't a huge disappointment >:oP
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903508)
Posted by Relic0037 on August 10th, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT
RAR wrote: Blurr Makes a lot of sense - Wheelie modest sense.
jetfire was alway a bit of "Huh" moment.


I think the main reason for the Wheelie Reissue is so that anyone buying the God Ginrai giftset with Cab & Minerva can purchase the Goshooter figure that comes with Wheelie to complete the Headmaster Jr. set.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903512)
Posted by Kurona on August 10th, 2017 @ 2:47pm CDT
I'm so sick of preorder-based stuff like this. Didn't even know it was this bad outside of video games.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903549)
Posted by Flashwave on August 10th, 2017 @ 4:49pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I'm so sick of preorder-based stuff like this. Didn't even know it was this bad outside of video games.

Model Trains are like this too. Part of me worries that Car sales may eventually head that way as more and more people buy Used and not New. We are heading towards a Made-to-Order market in a lot of ways.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903553)
Posted by DMSL on August 10th, 2017 @ 5:02pm CDT
I already have most of them, so i am not disappointed. What i really want is a Legends Megatron from the Titans Return mold.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903554)
Posted by Kurona on August 10th, 2017 @ 5:02pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'm so sick of preorder-based stuff like this. Didn't even know it was this bad outside of video games.

Model Trains are like this too. Part of me worries that Car sales may eventually head that way as more and more people buy Used and not New. We are heading towards a Made-to-Order market in a lot of ways.

And I gotta say I'm really not a fan. Thankfully, outside of more high-end collector's lines like Masterpiece and maybe the Titans; I can expect it to not actually effect Transformers toys as a whole, since it's difficult to imagine pre-ordering being aimed at children.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903564)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 10th, 2017 @ 7:11pm CDT
Made to order is both good and bad. There's less waste and shelf warming. But I also dislike pre-ordering things - especially games. I dislike buying things sight unseen because it leads to disappointment. I think what would be a good idea is a store where you can see the floor model of a certain item and then have one made to order. It might take longer to get which might annoy some people though.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903565)
Posted by Kurona on August 10th, 2017 @ 7:16pm CDT
Pre-ordering and such is good as an option imo -- there's always gonna be people that are gonna want stuff reserved and were gonna get the product no matter what. What annoys me is when it becomes a central driving force to the industry; when things become focused and built around pre-orders and hence we get stuff like this.

As a nice, convenient option that has clear benefits for certain people; very good. But as... this, it's just ugh.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903656)
Posted by RAR on August 11th, 2017 @ 6:32am CDT
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903657)
Posted by Kurona on August 11th, 2017 @ 6:35am CDT
RAR wrote:Moved a long rant to minds :
https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/742706646353977344

That... seems to be talking about Masterpiece, rather than anything to do with Takara Legends re-issues? :???:
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903669)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 11th, 2017 @ 7:51am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:pffft, not surprised, most of those figures sucked in the first place, and if they wanted to sell a bunch more fort max's they should first endeavor to make sure the base mold isn't a huge disappointment >:oP


Is this statement based on fact or conjecture? You hate G1 so more or less you never get a G1 themed item. How then can you come up with the conclusion that they suck? :roll:

Also, Thanks to G1 sucktitude, Hb and Takara are still making a killing on them sucky G1 themed products (Legends/Masterpiece/Titans etc)
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903689)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 11th, 2017 @ 9:31am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:pffft, not surprised, most of those figures sucked in the first place, and if they wanted to sell a bunch more fort max's they should first endeavor to make sure the base mold isn't a huge disappointment >:oP


Is this statement based on fact or conjecture? You hate G1 so more or less you never get a G1 themed item. How then can you come up with the conclusion that they suck? :roll:

Also, Thanks to G1 sucktitude, Hb and Takara are still making a killing on them sucky G1 themed products (Legends/Masterpiece/Titans etc)

No need to be salty, if they were so desired, then why is legends megs still available misb on tfsource? Clearly they aren't as desired as you seem to want to think ;)

Beyond that, each figure - save maybe chromedome - has design flaws that make them a disappointment and certainly not worth the inflated price tag. Megs has those idiotic shoulders, and was so similar to the hasbro release that people just got the hasbro version and saved money. Jetfire is boring and as far as I can tell almost identical to the hasbro release, so there again, and until recently was also available online, so, clearly not as popular as you'd like to think it is. And TR Fort Max basically reinvented the term disappointment, taking it to staggering new levels of underwhelming. And it isn't just me, there were plenty of people that felt the same way with each figures release. But you can go ahead and keep telling yourself it's because I hate G1 ;)^
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903714)
Posted by william-james88 on August 11th, 2017 @ 12:10pm CDT
I love G1 as much as all aspects of Transformers and Titan Fort Max is a dissapointment.

FYI, Takara Jetfire is quite different from the Hsbro release sicne it does not have chrome, which was quite a departure for Takara at that time. Its there that they went from being exra chromey and premium to being more toon accurate.

Megs doesnt have that much difference though. Basically, I can get why anyone in japan would be sad of the cancellations but no one from the US or anywhere else should be since it doesnt affect them. Anyone who wants to get these cancelled figures still can. And quite easily too.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903725)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 11th, 2017 @ 1:04pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I love G1 as much as all aspects of Transformers and Titan Fort Max is a dissapointment.

FYI, Takara Jetfire is quite different from the Hsbro release sicne it does not have chrome, which was quite a departure for Takara at that time. Its there that they went from being exra chromey and premium to being more toon accurate.

Megs doesnt have that much difference though. Basically, I can get why anyone in japan would be sad of the cancellations but no one from the US or anywhere else should be since it doesnt affect them. Anyone who wants to get these cancelled figures still can. And quite easily too.

Yeah, if I was an importer like bbts/tfsource, and I saw that there were still leftovers in the warehouses from the initial release, I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to order more. That probably put a dent into the pre-orders (or lack thereof), but, it's just good business sense.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903735)
Posted by o.supreme on August 11th, 2017 @ 1:45pm CDT
This really doesn't effect me per say, but all the people complaining about Fort Max is puzzling. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it did sell well. Where people are getting info to the contrary I have no idea. BBTS doesn't have it in stock, in fact the pre-order is still up for all the *canceled* releases. I'm sure they'll come down in time, but I do feel sorry for anyone who pre-ordered any of these to know they aren't happening. I just hope tis doesn't happen with Metroplex next Spring.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903736)
Posted by william-james88 on August 11th, 2017 @ 1:46pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I love G1 as much as all aspects of Transformers and Titan Fort Max is a dissapointment.

FYI, Takara Jetfire is quite different from the Hsbro release sicne it does not have chrome, which was quite a departure for Takara at that time. Its there that they went from being exra chromey and premium to being more toon accurate.

Megs doesnt have that much difference though. Basically, I can get why anyone in japan would be sad of the cancellations but no one from the US or anywhere else should be since it doesnt affect them. Anyone who wants to get these cancelled figures still can. And quite easily too.

Yeah, if I was an importer like bbts/tfsource, and I saw that there were still leftovers in the warehouses from the initial release, I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to order more. That probably put a dent into the pre-orders (or lack thereof), but, it's just good business sense.

That has nohing to do with this though. Improters cannot order from Takara, that is against Takara's contract. Takara only judged preorderd based on japanese people preordering from takratomymall. Like i said in the news item, none of this really applies to any of us discussing it unless we are japanese.
Re: Takara Cancels Certain Transformers Legends Reissues due to Lack of Preorders (1903740)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 11th, 2017 @ 2:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I love G1 as much as all aspects of Transformers and Titan Fort Max is a dissapointment.

FYI, Takara Jetfire is quite different from the Hsbro release sicne it does not have chrome, which was quite a departure for Takara at that time. Its there that they went from being exra chromey and premium to being more toon accurate.

Megs doesnt have that much difference though. Basically, I can get why anyone in japan would be sad of the cancellations but no one from the US or anywhere else should be since it doesnt affect them. Anyone who wants to get these cancelled figures still can. And quite easily too.

Yeah, if I was an importer like bbts/tfsource, and I saw that there were still leftovers in the warehouses from the initial release, I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to order more. That probably put a dent into the pre-orders (or lack thereof), but, it's just good business sense.

That has nohing to do with this though. Improters cannot order from Takara, that is against Takara's contract. Takara only judged preorderd based on japanese people preordering from takratomymall. Like i said in the news item, none of this really applies to any of us discussing it unless we are japanese.

That's really interesting, that they won the vote to be re-issued (right?), but that that interest didn't translate into pre-orders; I'm still not surprised they were all kind of disappointing to me

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Titans Return Combiner Wars FORTRESS MAXIMUS NIB - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 7 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 9 minutes 34 seconds
lot 2 2010 The Transformers - All Hail Megatron #1and #2 In Very Fine ! Conditio - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 12 minutes 31 seconds
2017 SDCC Hasbro Transformers Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime with Tire Piece - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 14 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 HOUND IGA (mexican) instructions book manual - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 20 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Energon Optimus Prime MISB MINT 2004 - Time Remaining: 23 days 7 hours 23 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Titan Heroes Bumblebee Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 24 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Alternators Prowl Figure White Acura RSX Police Complete G1 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 25 minutes 1 second
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test