Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs

Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 1:28pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,025

ACToys member b-o-t has posted an image showing detailed designs of Takara's DOTM Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Dual Model kits. Both kits are 1/35 scale with Optimus Prime at 24cm and Bumblebee at 14cm. The image has been mirrored below.

Credit(s): b-o-t of ACToys

Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198867)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on March 23rd, 2011 @ 1:48pm CDT
have we sen any actual pics of these yet???
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198883)
Posted by TimothyR on March 23rd, 2011 @ 2:25pm CDT
yes, but there was advertising or watermarks on the majority of the image.

i'm definitely getting bumblebee.. i may get prime. but for $120 he better be pretty large.. it would've been nice if they added the trailer armor to it.
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198890)
Posted by BigBotPrime on March 23rd, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT
yeah!!! this Model kit is movie accurite and its close to Master Grade/Perfect Grade quality, I hope my local hobby store will have this. :APPLAUSE: :BOT:
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198911)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 23rd, 2011 @ 3:21pm CDT
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198916)
Posted by RodimalToyota on March 23rd, 2011 @ 3:41pm CDT
he's just over 13.7 inches... pretty big
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198922)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 23rd, 2011 @ 4:11pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:Once they release this in America (which I have a feeling will be in a retail with the DVD of the movie) I am SO GETTING THIS and I can put them next to my ROTF head Optimus, my R 'em S 'em Megs, My 2007 Movie Bumblbee standing on a car model (whatever that one's name was) and a trophy of mine :D

Don't count on it. Such items are usually exclusive to Japan.
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198927)
Posted by robofreak on March 23rd, 2011 @ 4:32pm CDT
I've got $20 that says you won't see these outside of specialty hobby shops.

I'm definitely getting them. I'm looking forward to busting out my model skills on some amazing looking TF kits.

At 1/35 scale, I've got some cool stuff I can do with them. Now if they'll make some Decepticons, I'll be all set for one epic diorama.
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198933)
Posted by Captziltoid on March 23rd, 2011 @ 4:48pm CDT
holy shnikeys!!!! im just impressed with the art. but damn i have to get prime.
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198945)
Posted by Road-hole on March 23rd, 2011 @ 5:04pm CDT
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198952)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 23rd, 2011 @ 5:23pm CDT
Road-hole wrote:is this a real model kit aka a kit i'll screw up putting together? Is painting required? i wanna know more.

Not really I think they come in vintage packaging with either a DVD or in a special kit. All put together and ready for you!
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198957)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 23rd, 2011 @ 5:28pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:

I disagree. From the looks of it they're more akin to the Trans-Scanning figures from the first movie, with a base body and armor parts, but no transformation feature.
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198958)
Posted by The Variable on March 23rd, 2011 @ 5:31pm CDT
Dunno about the actual kits but that image... heheheh... art reference!!! :D
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1198976)
Posted by yoboy on March 23rd, 2011 @ 6:05pm CDT

My 2007 Movie Bumblbee standing on a car model --> The unleashed bumblebee replica. Epic and awesome. :grin:
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1199010)
Posted by robofreak on March 23rd, 2011 @ 7:30pm CDT
It is a model kit. That's why it's called a model kit.

The kit comes with a basic figure frame of whoever you will be building along with the sprues that have the armor that make it up.

Painting is most likely not needed, but being a modeler I would recommend it.

Gyrotron wrote:

Where did you hear this?
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1199042)
Posted by Valandar on March 23rd, 2011 @ 9:15pm CDT
All I can think of is those Perfect Grade Gundam kits... Hyuge, incredibly detailed, expensive as all get out, and incredibly fiddly to assemble.
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1199043)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 23rd, 2011 @ 9:15pm CDT
robofreak wrote:
Gyrotron wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Nowhere, I just thought that it might be a good release with the DVD, but it would have to come all in one HUGE box :D
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1199061)
Posted by guarayakha on March 24th, 2011 @ 12:55am CDT
Considering the average size on 1/100 Gundams= 16cm, Prime is rather huge, possibly as tall as Leader ROTF Prime (I'll need to measure that guy up)
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1199080)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 24th, 2011 @ 4:02am CDT
Model kits as in you have to paint them yourself?

Im not the best painter in the world so in my hands these would probably end up looking pretty bad.

Smart though.
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1199530)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 24th, 2011 @ 8:56pm CDT
I really dig the Optimus model kit, but the Bumblebee not so much, it looks weird. I hope these come to the U.S so I can check 'em out. Hope they're not too expensive though. The skeletons kinda look like bionicles though, anyone else getting that?
Re: Takara DOTM Dual Model Kit Designs (1199619)
Posted by Astronopolis on March 25th, 2011 @ 12:47am CDT
MAH. DUL. KIT. :BANG_HEAD:

the trend with japan kits these days is molding them in color so painting is not required, but recommended for a perfect likeness. im willing to assume stickers or water slide decals will be included for flames/stripes.

1/35 scale puts the kit about the size of a MG Gundam kit, give or take a couple inches, so somewhere in the realm of 8" to 10"13", close to leader class size if i remember correctly

it is a dual kit, so there are parts included to build prime or bee off of a standard frame.

it is non transformable.

there is no news on it coming with a dvd or any preview of the packaging at all.

pricing is difficult to estimate. i would expect at least a $60 $120 and $50 price tag on this guy prime and bee respectively, but that is just my ownfellow board members's educated guess, don't quote me.straight up info

i hope this helps clarify any understandings :-B

edited to fix vaguery through fact-checking with smart people.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY