Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos

Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos

Sunday, October 30th, 2011 12:11pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 53,933

Site Sponsor Kapow Toys is reporting that Takara Tomy's First Edition Prime figures will indeed feature alternative paint applications to their US counterparts. No official images yet, but placeholder images have been released as well as case assortments.

• First Edition Optimus Prime x 6
  • First Edition Barukhead (Bulkhead) x 6
  • First Edition Starscream x 12
  • First Edition Arcee x 12
  • First Edition Bumblebee x 12
  • First Edition Combikon ( Decepticon Clone ) x 12
  • First Edition Cliffjumper x 12
  • First Edition Megatron x 12

Credit(s): Kapow Toys

Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306739)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:17pm CDT
First, MUST SEE FINAL PICS!

Second, "Combikon" (Combicon)? I fail to see how that name works. :???:
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306740)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:First, MUST SEE FINAL PICS!

Second, "Combikon" (Combicon)? I fail to see how that name works. :???:

Maybe it's an abbreviation of Combaticon? I'm not sure though.
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306741)
Posted by DISCHARGE on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:30pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:First, MUST SEE FINAL PICS!

Second, "Combikon" (Combicon)? I fail to see how that name works. :???:

Maybe it's an abbreviation of Combaticon? I'm not sure though.

Seriously? ImageThat is too funny
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306758)
Posted by Mkall on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:30pm CDT
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306764)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:46pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I think unless the figure has a completely unique deco in Japan, that I'll stick with the North American figs for the Prime run.
I'm praying that they don't make these figures look shiny. Cuz it would really tick me off since, for once, the character ARE shiny in the show. |:|
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306778)
Posted by Blurrz on October 30th, 2011 @ 2:40pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Pretty sure they'll go the metallic route, but i'm sure it'll be rather gaudy.
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306782)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 30th, 2011 @ 2:42pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Pretty sure they'll go the metallic route, but i'm sure it'll be rather gaudy. [/color]

I'd still buy it. I love that chrome stuff
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306817)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 30th, 2011 @ 4:12pm CDT
Most of the retailer listings say that these figures will feature metallic paint. I actually wouldn't mind that as it'd make them look less like Hasbro's rather bland looking figures and more like the swanky PhotoShop-ped images.

Does anyone know what it is that makes the First Edition figures different to what will be coming later?
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306940)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on October 30th, 2011 @ 11:17pm CDT
I am going to have to see a side by side comparison before i decide on the TAKARA editions over the US .If the difference is like Animated's i will get both . :D
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306946)
Posted by Vincible827 on October 30th, 2011 @ 11:31pm CDT
Indeed
Re: Takara First Edition Transformers Prime Figures Will Feature Alternative Decos (1306992)
Posted by xtsaur on October 31st, 2011 @ 6:34am CDT
off topic... LOL i cant stop staring at that guy swinging the hedge clipper around on a rope. HAHAHAHAH what the hell?!?!?! that cant be safe... on the final swing it looks like it gets a bit out of control, did this man end up getting seriously injured? haha anyway - cant wait for these prime toys!

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Transformers G1 Vintage Headmaster Scorponok - Helmet for Lord Zarak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY