Wednesday, February 19th, 2014 5:14am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,655

Site sponsor RobotKingdom.com have dropped by with a quick note about a new pre-order on their site. It appears as though Takara is planning another Asia exclusive (non-Japan) release, and this time it's three redecos of previously seen figures: check out the images and information below about the Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Kup, Ratchet and Perceptor!

Transformers News: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor

Here we have started a new preorder.

Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three Pack Kup, Ratchet and Perceptor. Asia Exclusive (Non Japan Release). Pre-order. Available in June 2014.
http://www.robotkingdom.com/just-listed ... stpaw.html
USD 134.9

Credit(s): Robot Kingdom

Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551966)
Posted by noctorro on February 19th, 2014 @ 6:25am CST
That Ratchet's going to be popular.

Not to fond of the fancy metalic.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551968)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 19th, 2014 @ 6:49am CST
Fixed Ratchet's neck? Noticed that he's got new paint apps.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551970)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on February 19th, 2014 @ 6:54am CST
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551984)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:04am CST
It's no longer Henkei: the set is now under the Generations line.

Banjo-Tron wrote:Urgh, what have they done to Ratchet? Looks like the bonnet and roof have been replaced following an accident and they couldn't get replacement panels in the right colour. Maybe Ironhide had spares.

That's probably done to homage his two latest incarnations, not counting the movie: Animated and Prime.

Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551985)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:05am CST
My goodness, just how long have these gone without any imagery? Months? Years?

And why now, of all times? What sense does it make for these to be announced so far back yet never see the light of day until now?

And why these three? The Seekers and Coneheads made sense, but these? What's the connection?

And why these decos? Were some really asking for a Perceptor with blue treads? Or a Ratchet (seriously, Universe Ratchet?) with a red hood/roof? Or a Kup with more :BOT: symbols and more dark gray?

Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551986)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:11am CST
Sabrblade wrote:And, "Henkei! Henkei!"? Seriously? Henkei! Henkei! is a dead toyline. Shouldn't Takara be marketing these as Generations, or at least as another late addition to United?

Check the logo on the box image. It's clearly the Generations logo, not Henkei or United. Some people just won't accept the fact that line names can be supplanted I guess :roll:
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551989)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:14am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Good eye.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551991)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:20am CST
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551992)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:20am CST
Of the 3 I already have Kup and Perceptor, but Universe 2008 Ratchet I have no interest in, I strictly want Henkei, but this one actually looks less bland in vehicle mode thanks to the red hood and roof. :-? As for specialism:

Ratchet: Medic
Perceptor: Scientist
Kup: Veteran

The fact they all have a specialism is what unifies the set, not a specialism shared by all three.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551994)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:23am CST
Shadowstream wrote:I'm kinda wondering about the 'Specialist' moniker that's being attached to this trio. What makes these 3 characters specialists, and in what fields?
Good question. We got a war veteran, a medic, and a scientist, so maybe each of them are specialists at those jobs, but that still leaves us wondering how those three relate to one another. :-?
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1551998)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 19th, 2014 @ 8:41am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

I'd have gone with Unit Commander, Sniper and Combat Medic as specialist titles and this set may actually be the one set that makes me break my "No online purchase rule" rule and break down and get them. I still need Perceptor and Ratchet and I'd gladly give my youngest son my American release of Kup and keep the one from this set for myself. It would be even cooler if I could actually get this set at my local TRU the way I was able to pick up Generations Legends class Thundercracker and the Prime Deluxe class Sgt. Kup.
I know that's never going to happen but it's a nice thought since shipping will be easily 10 times the cost of what my gas would cost me to go to TRU. Still, I'm digging this set a lot and would be will to splurge for it.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552031)
Posted by paul053 on February 19th, 2014 @ 11:15am CST
I would say this pack came out too late. :-x
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552032)
Posted by It Is Him on February 19th, 2014 @ 11:19am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It's no longer Henkei: the set is now under the Generations line.

I would never have made that connection on my own.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552035)
Posted by Rated X on February 19th, 2014 @ 11:23am CST
I own the first japanese release of all three so easy pass. And henkei, gentai, united, who cares ? Just say takara...
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552036)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 19th, 2014 @ 11:23am CST
paul053 wrote:I would say this pack came out too late. :-x

This is for the ASIAN market, where these figures weren't released previously.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552053)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on February 19th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
paul053 wrote:I would say this pack came out too late. :-x

This is for the ASIAN market, where these figures weren't released previously.

Oh they were.

I've been kicking myself for 6 years for not picking up henkei ratchet at retail

Ah, the times where Henkei retailed here. :-(

Im sure its just riding on the demand for ratchet. I don't expect many buying the set for Kup or Perceptor, but hey, selling Ratchet + Ironhide in a set was too easy.

Im sure next they'll issue the prowl mold. Oh, but have Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen in different packs.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552065)
Posted by Rated X on February 19th, 2014 @ 1:03pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
paul053 wrote:I would say this pack came out too late. :-x

This is for the ASIAN market, where these figures weren't released previously.

Im not getting this whole "Asian Market" thing....

When did the Japanese stop considering themselves "Asian" ??? I know Japan is not on the mainland, but still.... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552095)
Posted by ScottyP on February 19th, 2014 @ 2:21pm CST
That Ratchet looks slick, unfortunately I have no interest in the other two - already have the e-hobby Kup and I have no need for a Perceptor variant.
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552098)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 19th, 2014 @ 2:36pm CST
Rated X wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
paul053 wrote:I would say this pack came out too late. :-x

This is for the ASIAN market, where these figures weren't released previously.

Im not getting this whole "Asian Market" thing....

Do the Russians consider themselves Asian? :lol:

Seriously though, I can imagine the Japanese Market being so radically different from the rest of Asia a distinction needs to be made, so why not like this?
Re: Takara Henkei Autobot Warriors Three-Pack Pre-orders: Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor (Asia Exclusive) (1552101)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on February 19th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CST
Rated X wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
paul053 wrote:I would say this pack came out too late. :-x

This is for the ASIAN market, where these figures weren't released previously.

Im not getting this whole "Asian Market" thing....

Dude, Japan is a tiny proportion of Asia. Asia starts as far west as Turkey and incorporates the largest country in the world, and by far the 2 most populous. It's like saying Niger is the same as Africa. :HEADHURTS:

Also something similar I always wondered is why when people say someone is American they are invariably referring to people from the USA, when the USA makes up less than half of North America and less than a quarter of the Americas.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars AIR RAID Generations BRAND NEW UNOPENED with COMIC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MechFansToys MF-0 Megatron Hot Soldiers Optimus Prime Lot G1 Legend" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Ratchet Deluxe Class MOC 2011 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY