Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Sunday, January 29th, 2017 4:06pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 29,989

Anyone really desparate for Takara to release their cartoon-accurate-colours version of Titans Return Astrotrain? Well, thanks to fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, perhaps this'll ease the wait - from the personal blog of alfes2010, we have in-hand images of the figure split between two blog posts! Most notably we finally get a look at how the Headmaster's robot mode has been painted, and a little preview at his pack-in comic. Some of the more eagle-eyed among you might also notice the comic includes a picture of Sentinel Prime; Astrotrain's pretool in Hasbro's Titans Return line - given that the colour layouts seem to match Hasbro's figure exactly though, this seems to just be a neat little reference to the Hasbro toy rather than any hint Sentinel will be released in Takara's markets (but keep your eyes pealed just in case we're wrong about that ;) ). We've included a few key images in particular below, but click on the links to both blog posts to see Takara Astrotrain in all his in-hand glory!

http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/bl ... -2743.html
http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/bl ... -2744.html

Transformers News: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Transformers News: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Transformers News: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Transformers News: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Transformers News: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Transformers News: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures

Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855707)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 29th, 2017 @ 4:26pm CST
Wow, never thought I'd see the Tera-Kura Co. one-up Axalon: mass-produced Astrotrain Transtectors (vs. mass-produced Nightbeat suits)! Nice nod to Astrotrain's role in the G1 episode "Triple Takeover". His army has different heads, but I'm having trouble identifying some of them: I do spot:

- Goshooter
- Bullhorn
- a yellow Cerebros
- a pink Repugnus?
- Soundwave
- a blue Shuffler?
- I guess a red Ptero/Swoop? I'm guessing that's supposed to be Terrosaur
- Brawn
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855742)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 29th, 2017 @ 6:52pm CST
I doubt that Astrotrain have a crown :lol:
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855761)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 29th, 2017 @ 9:26pm CST
Black Hat wrote:Does that helmet store in cannon mode?

http://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2245-p ... atron.html

Looks like there's enough clearance.
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855836)
Posted by Emerje on January 30th, 2017 @ 5:19am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I do spot:

- Goshooter
- Bullhorn
- a yellow Cerebros
- a pink Repugnus?
- Soundwave
- a blue Shuffler?
- I guess a red Ptero/Swoop? I'm guessing that's supposed to be Terrosaur
- Brawn

That wouldn't be Terrorsaur since they're keeping the Beast Wars characters as a separate thing, right? Looks more like Ironhide to me, especially being next to Brawn. That's also probably not Soundwave since he already has his own Transtector.

Yellow one sort of reminds me of Leadfoot.
But would they use a G2 guy? Probably not.

I wonder if blue Shuffler has anything to do with my theory of him being used for a potential e-Hobby blue Big Convoy (made from Magna Convoy's blue Astrotrain-modeled ship)? Cameo perhaps? Or just something entirely different, I don't know...

Emerje
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855837)
Posted by no-one on January 30th, 2017 @ 5:35am CST
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855841)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 30th, 2017 @ 6:22am CST
That's pretty neat!
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855912)
Posted by o.supreme on January 30th, 2017 @ 12:38pm CST
One of the contentions I have with some toy reviewers on Youtube is the fact that many of them gain popularity just because they happen to live in a place where they get the first chance to review both Hasbro & Takara product, without really knowing a whole lot about the history about the characters of said product. Now I know the counter to that is..well they are just tying to show how cool the toy is, not explain its whole backstory, which is fine, but if I want to see how "cool" the toy is youheidx is my go to. Without a single word, he can show me how great the toys are, I leave it to others to be competent enough to explain where it came from... ;)
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855926)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 30th, 2017 @ 1:23pm CST

I'm actually thrilled when someone delivers all of these.

On the flip side, whenever I come across a reviewer more focused on their fan character or puppet while talking in a digitally altered chipmunk voice, I always stop those a few seconds in while muttering "nope, nope, nope."

I'm too old for that nonsense.
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855929)
Posted by o.supreme on January 30th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, I expect reviewers to know the character, show height comparisons with other figures in the same line, compare with the original G1 toy, show articulation... well, and maintain some kind of semblance of being upbeat and professional and consistent in their speaking volume.

I'm actually thrilled when someone delivers all of these.

I'm too old for that nonsense.

agreed, also I changed my post to say *some* , not all toy reviewers irk me, just the ones with a cheesy gimmick as you stated, or who often state "I don't know what this is" about the toy they are reviewing.
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855930)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 30th, 2017 @ 1:33pm CST
As bad as some of the worse reviewers can be, just remember, it could always be even worse:

;) :-P
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855931)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 30th, 2017 @ 1:35pm CST
There was one last week where the reviewer was quite a downer. Didn't know the character and was negative and mopey and mumbly. That's hard to watch.

I'd say the same about keeping them short with good pacing. A 30 min review for a toy is toooo long.

Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855932)
Posted by o.supreme on January 30th, 2017 @ 1:56pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:All that said, I AM grateful for the early glimpses of the toys and objective opinions. I hope reviewers can take all this constructive criticism and hone their craft.

:APPLAUSE: well said. Also Sabr...I had not seen that video before, that's pretty darn amusing considering it was made way back in 2011. I probably just started watching Toy reviews in the past 18 months, and have seen all of those (though to be fair, cats in TF videos is a flaw I don't mind really lol!_)

Also it confirms the fact that I made the right decision as a parent. My son (10) was inspired to make his own TF toy reviews on his iPad, basically just mimicking much of what he saw other reviewers doing, he asked me to upload them to Youtube, but I said no, basically to spare him from the scars of rude comments, oh and the volume was so low, you really couldn't hear anything heh. I applauded him for his efforts, and to keep trying though. But like most kids, his interest faded, and although he is still into the toys, he is also interested in other things so doing videos probably wont come up again for a while.

Anyways...looks like youheidx next video will be Legends Chromedome. He usually goes in waves from various different Japanese toys, so hopefully we will get a Megatronia video soon, and perhaps a couple other Transformers before he hops to the next thing.

I do have to say, like UW, the TT Legends figures do look better in many ways than the Hasbro TR equivalents, but the increased price is a deterrent unfortunately.
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855935)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 30th, 2017 @ 2:01pm CST
yeah! That guy gets it. Great video. Thanks!
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1855980)
Posted by RAR on January 30th, 2017 @ 5:13pm CST

Peaugh is especially prone to making things not in frame for extended periods for example. I've also seen people talk about anything an everything but the toy including unwanted details about their private life.
Our new Bo Chefatron is loath to edit anything. and John Garrison is prone to ramble a bit. Chuck's & Panda Prime's sound is horrible, some of the most annoying reviewers I can't watch at all so I can't comment on.

Some thing people moan about just irritate me - sprue marks being one of them - no idea why - it just irks me to see people winge about that.

But yes that is a video I'm familar with and it often comes to mind (unfortunately)
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1856004)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 30th, 2017 @ 8:29pm CST
RAR wrote:I can name a few people if I was wanting to be cruel who do much of those things and often.

:lol: Right on!
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1856484)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 1st, 2017 @ 9:20pm CST
Issues with the tabletcons.

Unlike Broadcast and rewind, the latter slides in smoothly. But in SW, Ravage has some issues. The pseudo screw gets in the way of the basket like device that holds the tablets in. Haven't opened Condor yet. Hopefully no issues with him too. :(
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1856496)
Posted by william-james88 on February 1st, 2017 @ 10:04pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:Issues with the tabletcons.

Funy enough, even though I have all the tabletcons and soundwave, I havent played with them together yet. For some reason I have had enough fun playing with them individually. I should get on to that though.
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1856513)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 1st, 2017 @ 10:41pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Issues with the tabletcons.

Could you also check if the issues I have are the same with yours? That d@mn pseudo screw :(
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1856516)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 1st, 2017 @ 11:23pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Issues with the tabletcons.

This may sound silly, but have you tried simply turning them around and putting them in the other way? A few times I thought one of the "tabletcons" wouldn't fit, but tried turning it around, and it slid it like butter.
Re: Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain in-hand and comic pictures (1856520)
Posted by RAR on February 1st, 2017 @ 11:39pm CST
Just what I was going to suggest - they seem to fit loosely one way up and tighter the other way up in most cases. especially Buzzsaw & Stripe's moulds.

---

Chefatron LG-39 Brainstorm review :

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Smokescreen Action Figure (" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Grimwing Predacon Beast hunters Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY