Friday, June 5th, 2020 9:43am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,177

Takara has many new preorders on their site Takaratomymall for multiple different Transformers lines. What may concern people outside Japan the most are the new images we have of Earthrise Trailbreaker. Also, the listings teach us that Trailbreaker will be an exclusive in Japan (the identical Hasbro release is a mainline toy) but the Netflix figures won't be. Chromia and Sideswipe can currently be obtained on Amazon Japan, shipping worldwide (well, mostly) and now we have confirmation that it will be the same for Scrapface and Hotlink. this is good news for many international buyers who have been spending more than double on e-bay for Hotlink since you'll now be able to order him on Amazon Japan. We will post a listing when we have one. Same with Scrapface who many want 3 to make a camera. However, Skipjack, from the Studio Series, will be an exclusive in Japan.

Below are links to the new TTMall listings along with images that may interest you.

ER-09 Arcee
ER-10 Scorponok
WFC-05 Scrap Face
WFC-06 Hotlink
ER EX-13 Trailbreaker
SS EX Skipjack

Transformers News: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive

Credit(s): TTMALL

This article was last modified on Friday, June 5th, 2020 10:42am CDT

Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066604)
Posted by william-james88 on June 5th, 2020 @ 10:41am CDT
Here is a comparison of all 3 Arcees coming out this year

Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066608)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 5th, 2020 @ 10:46am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Here is a comparison of all 3 Arcees coming out this year

Earthrise Arcee just has a look of "Guys, why isn't my gun working?? Also, are you sure I have to carry this much alt mode on my back..?" :lol:
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066619)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 5th, 2020 @ 11:39am CDT
Animated Arcee is still probably the best G1-ish take in my book. I wouldn't have minded if they had remoulded that a bit to make it pass as a G1 version.
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066627)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 5th, 2020 @ 12:31pm CDT
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066689)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 5th, 2020 @ 7:13pm CDT

Hmmm, i was hoping scorponok would be taller at least as tall as fort max :???:
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066690)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 5th, 2020 @ 7:24pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:

Hmmm, i was hoping scorponok would be taller at least as tall as fort max :???:

Fort max only got that tall by having next to no mass, I'm betting scorpy's gonna be a heavy boi
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066691)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 5th, 2020 @ 7:27pm CDT
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066694)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 5th, 2020 @ 7:45pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:I might be all alone on this one, but I'm not overly freaked out by the kibble on arcee; with the weaponizer system, I'd be willing to bet that arcee can use her hoverboard as a shield or do something else with it, and frankly, I'm more okay with her partsforming than cliffjumpers partsforming

This is exactly why I keep going back and forth on Arcee. Like, the partsforming is egregious, but a Riot Shield Arcee might be nice... The face being unpainted is annoying, but I like how the shoulder wings look. If she came with swords or blast effects like Cyberverse Arcee, I think that'd sell me, but as it is, I'm hoping it'll get repainted as the Paradron Medic/Lifeline, but I may decide when I see it in hand to pick up Arcee too
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066696)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 5th, 2020 @ 8:15pm CDT
Oh boy, people are freaking out in this thread too

Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066698)
Posted by Emerje on June 5th, 2020 @ 9:05pm CDT

But on a $100+ figure they thought this was A-OK!

Hasbro/Takara Tomy really does have a strange hookup when it comes to Arcee and most female figures having as little kibble as possible. It's even more discouraging when some of their best female figures do have vehicle kibble and alt mode integration like the Orthia girls or Windblade. TR Arcee was a fantastic figure! This could have been Hasbro's chance to give Arcee a much need design update like they've done with much of the WfC line, but they chose to keep using the same tired design and had to make her a partsformer to compensate for it.

BTW, do we know how tall Arcee is? I'm guessing she's pretty tiny, but I can't remember if we've seen her side by side with other Deluxe figures.

Emerje
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066703)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 5th, 2020 @ 9:32pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:

Hmmm, i was hoping scorponok would be taller at least as tall as fort max :???:

Plus, it looks like he'll scale well with G1 Fort Max.
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066704)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 5th, 2020 @ 9:44pm CDT
Emerje wrote:What only really bothers me about Arcee is that they felt the need to hide as much kibble as possible in one big lump on Arcee, even made it removable, on a $20 figure.

But on a $100+ figure they thought this was A-OK!

Emerje

I'll be 100% honest, I just skimmed the post for a second and got terrified that that was Earthrise Bee. :lol: But yeah, they need to get past the whole "Female character hauls the alt mode on the back". Or at least do it as well as they did during Thrilling 30
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066709)
Posted by durroth on June 5th, 2020 @ 10:40pm CDT
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066712)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 5th, 2020 @ 11:03pm CDT
durroth wrote:I... really like the cyberverse Arcee design. I mean, maybe some white apps just to break up the pink a bit more, and shes definitely a shellformer, but overall I really like this take on her. That said... A mix between Prime's motorcycle mode and G1 arcee's bot mode would probably come out nice and they could probably design it so like, part of the motorcycle splits into her two shoulder pack things

I could see this working, plus it has a built in retool/repaint in Armada Sideways because the wheels would end up in the same place
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066713)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 5th, 2020 @ 11:16pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Oh boy, people are freaking out in this thread too
Yeah, but at least they're staying on topic.

As for Scorpy, I'm kinda glad he's gonna scale well with G1 Fort Max, I will be displaying them together since he's so G1-accurate. TR Max is just TR Max. I don't own Metroplex, so I might just put him with Trypticon, since Omega is with Devy.
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066726)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on June 6th, 2020 @ 2:16am CDT
So it looks like Titan Scorponok should scale pretty well with my Brave Max, which is a bit shorter than my Titan Metroplex, which is itself a tad shorter than Titan Fort Max. Scorpy needs his Big Orange Rifle; here's hoping a 3P will get on it as well as making his elevator & other G1 accessories. ;)

All the Arcees look decent, though none are quite perfect. I am looking forward to getting them all.

Trailbreaker looks GREAT, can't wait! :-D
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066731)
Posted by frogbat on June 6th, 2020 @ 2:56am CDT
Really like trailbreaker- his face sculpt seems particularly good. In spite of the cartoon height difference with hoist, this mould still works well. Liked the little change on his back mounted gear.

Can’t wait for scorponok... fort max isn’t that much larger and scorponok shire seems like he could pack a punch with his claws. And yeah he needs his gun.
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066733)
Posted by Omegatron. on June 6th, 2020 @ 5:00am CDT
Omegatron. wrote:Is there a trick to getting the rear clip connecting the two halves of Sky Lynx together in place, or do you just have to keep trying until you get it right?

Answer: Yes, there's a trick to it.

You have to push the back down surprisingly hard but then it will click into place.
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066785)
Posted by Autobot N on June 6th, 2020 @ 8:14am CDT
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... k.1194744/

Cyclonus and Thrust, plus Soundwave
Re: Takara Listings Show New Images for WFC EX Trailbreaker and State that Hotlink won't be an Exclusive (2066796)
Posted by Tuned Agent on June 6th, 2020 @ 8:58am CDT
Thrust looks good, though I don't see his cone head anywhere. Cyclonus looks really good, and it's not even decoed properly. His jet mode looks killer. Soundwave is interesting, it looks like a redeco of the Siege mold. The Soundwave from that Wal-Mart listing a couple months ago, perhaps? I never thought we'd get a transforming toy of Tom Cruise, so I'm interested in seeing how that Top Gun crossover turns out. :lol:

And then there's ER Megatron. Guess that confirms there won't be silver paint. Lame.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Constructicons Long Haul Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.o.t.f  Fast Action Battlers Devastation blast long haul 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Action Figure LONG HAUL 42" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series Voyager Class - KSI Boss #43 US Seller!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG31 Rhinox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Constructicons Devastator Lot - Long Haul Scrapper Bonecrusher +" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Figure Lockdown Deluxe new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 43 Age of Extinction KSI Boss New In Box Lot Of 10" on EBAY