Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 10:49pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,999

It seems Takara's penchant for toon accuracy is not letting up. Not only will we be getting an MP+ release of Wheeljack release but come late July 2019, you will be able to get your hands on a cartoon accurate deco of Masterpiece Bluestreak titled MP-18+ Streak.

This will be a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive in Japan which means that no other Japanese retailer will be selling it (so no Amazon Japan). It will surely be available at import shops with either a Hasbro Asia release or a full on North American Hasbro release, with Hasbro's English language all black slip covers. It would be the exact same toy inside of course. In Japan, this toy will sell for ¥9,180, which is usually equivalent to around a $90 price point in the west.

Aside from the more toon accurate deco, we also have extra faces and extra effect parts as you can see in the images below. Enjoy!

Product content Streak main body (1), cry face (1), laugh face (1), effect parts (3), instruction manual (1), character card (1)

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Mall

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008368)
Posted by MaverickPrime on February 5th, 2019 @ 11:09pm CST
The effect parts and new faces make this actually appealing to me even though I already have the mold as the all silver version, well played, Takara, well played.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008369)
Posted by Emerje on February 5th, 2019 @ 11:10pm CST
DO WANT! Man, that looks great! Already love the mold and it's nice to see they've done more than just repaint it. Definitely going on my pre-order list. I wonder why Prowl didn't get this kind of treatment? Looking forward to Smokescreen+ now.

Emerje
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008373)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 5th, 2019 @ 11:23pm CST
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008383)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 5th, 2019 @ 11:57pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm surprised it didn't come with the big launchers. This is interesting that the head is remolded for a swappable face gimmick, something tells me we might get ANOTHER Prowl with this new gimmick.

Prowl MP-17++ with swappable jerk face and a table to flip over! :lol:
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008386)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 6th, 2019 @ 1:05am CST
What?? Takara! :shock:

Why didn't they do this with Sideswipe Plus, too??

I already like the original MP Blustreak. But this is really cool. And probably irrelevant since it's a TT Mall exclusive.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008394)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 6th, 2019 @ 2:00am CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Prowl MP-17++ with swappable jerk face and a table to flip over! :lol:

You're kidding but I can see it happen
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008396)
Posted by Bucky on February 6th, 2019 @ 2:08am CST
I am impressed by how great this new Bluestreak looks. The deco is so clean. Takara really did a nice job, and it’s presumably fantastic news for anyone who doesn’t already have Bluestreak. If I only had Silverstreak, or blue Bluestreak, Instead of only owning regular Bluestreak, I would love to pick him up. Especially with those effect parts, which is such an exciting addition to MPs.

If Takara started selling just effect parts, I would be 100% in. Different rays, blasts, and bursts. I’d love a missle circus effect for the Seekers missle pods.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008430)
Posted by no-one on February 6th, 2019 @ 7:55am CST
I don't normally go for the anime accurate deco's but there is something about this I like. The face/head sculpt is really cool and those Siege weapon effects are tops ;)^

The overall deco is just really pleasing.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008447)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 6th, 2019 @ 9:16am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm surprised it didn't come with the big launchers.
The shoulder cannons already built into the figure are the more show-accurate ones, as is the goal of this + version.

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008448)
Posted by Blastback on February 6th, 2019 @ 9:24am CST
Damn it now I gotta get this figure when I already have the original and blue masterpiece Bluestreaks. Think they’ll make a Prowl with smoke coming out of his mouth?
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008455)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 6th, 2019 @ 9:49am CST
Of course, a super cartoon-accurate Bluestreak would have zero wheels in robot-mode, like Optimus Prime. But I understand why he has them.

I assume Smokescreen will be the last one to get a (cartoon) PLUS release. (Unless they actually want to redo something big like Soundwave just to remove some paint apps and make his feet dark.)
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008460)
Posted by xMXUx on February 6th, 2019 @ 10:00am CST
I only have the all Silver Bluestreak, so this is definitely a must buy. He just looks gorgeous and the effect parts are a really nice addon, even though I probably won't use them much. Shame it's a TT Mall exclusive though, so no discount. But at least AE is carrying him, so I'm not stuck double importing him
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008463)
Posted by casacrespo on February 6th, 2019 @ 10:49am CST
I'm all for it. I am such a sucker for anything cartoon accurate. So those blast effects are how they appeared in the cartoon too?!
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008464)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2019 @ 10:52am CST
Cyberpath wrote:Wish Red Alert wasn't the first bot to get a PLUS edition. Maybe then the series would have evolved enough to retool his shoulders and arms. #JusticeForRedAlert [-( :WHISTLE: :))

I think for that it would need more thn a retool, it would need a new transformation, so a 2.0 version.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008465)
Posted by no-one on February 6th, 2019 @ 11:11am CST
william-james88 wrote:

I'm in the you can never have enough Lambro molds camp ;)^
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008591)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 6th, 2019 @ 5:28pm CST
For being the anime design, I am really shocked by how much I really really like the looks of this. The head is a dead ringer for Andrew Griffith Prowl in RiD/TF, and the colors are pretty ace.

I am considering him, he looks really nice
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008702)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 7th, 2019 @ 2:46am CST
Hi-res pix, click to enlarge --

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008751)
Posted by no-one on February 7th, 2019 @ 8:29am CST
Wow, in that reflection you can see how badly dinged up the paint is. Never go off-roading in a Datsun 280ZX kid. :lol:

Hope that's a prototype as the side mirror is also missing paint.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008765)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 7th, 2019 @ 10:01am CST
Comparisons by Cheem the Rup (click each for full size):

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-18+ Streak aka Bluestreak Revealed (2008990)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 8th, 2019 @ 3:08pm CST
A couple of new images from BBTS, but not that different than before --

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Autotech Combiners Transformers Crusher Stalker Striker Nitro Spike OSF 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 SCRAPPER SERIES2 NO CANOPY STAMPED 80 84 JAPAN1985" on EBAY