Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos

Transformers News: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos

Saturday, February 9th, 2019 8:10PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,005

Courtesy of @Chohenken on Twitter, we have images of the new Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee toy from Japan that was revealed at the Wonder Festival in Japan. This is MP 45 meaning he comes before Hound, who we see in the back in grey. This Bumblebee is seen coming with a gun and an effect accessory. The toy has an MSRP of 13000 Yen (which is $120 USD). The images give a good idea of where the bulk of the alt mode end up since very little of it is used in the main figure's design, unlike the previous Masterpiece toy. We see a lot of the alt mode inside his feet and in his backpack. let us know what you think and this sacrifice is worth the clean front. Also let us know your thoughts on the fake parts which are becoming more and more prevalent with the MP line.

Credit(s): @Chohenken on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009251)
Posted by Graviton on February 9th, 2019 @ 8:17pm CST
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009252)
Posted by bacem on February 9th, 2019 @ 8:18pm CST
I dunno, but it feels like the older mold was a lot smoother and tidier than this one. And was bee's head always that big in the cartoon?
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009255)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 9th, 2019 @ 8:24pm CST
Graviton wrote:For $100 this can't beat the first one. *Update* Second look at those feet and I almost threw up.

Second look at that face and I almost threw up :lol:

Ouch, the feet aren't bad but that back kibble and that headsculpt... man, why can't we have nice things :-(

Update: OK, I'm warming up to those things but I MUCH prefer MP-21
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009262)
Posted by ilikerobits on February 9th, 2019 @ 8:45pm CST
Man....I'm sorry but this figure doesn't look right to me, number one, and number two, mp-21 was released like a few years ago, wasn't it? 2013? That was only like 6 years ago ... I understand Takara needs to be profitable, but it's almost like the company is saying "%^$# you" to all of the people who bought their previous products. We're buying them to collect them, and when Takara releases another figure of the same character that we all purchased just a few years ago, it's like telling us all that we have to spend more money on the same character. Plus this figure looks strange as heck. The back kibble, the weird feet...all for 120 bucks? I don't know what to say about this, man...I really don't think the line needs a re-boot, but it seems like that's what we're getting...I just don't have the money to spend on a 120 dollar bumble bee figure that I already bought a few years back anyway. Same with the new prime. I just can't justify 350 - 450 dollars on a figure that I already have in my collection (MP-10). It's just too much. I'm pretty sure most of us have to go through some form of mental self-deception to justify spending the money on these figs, but when the price gets raised through the roof for characters that didn't need another iteration to begin with, my ability to trick myself into spending money I don't have on the figure goes out the window.

All this being said, I'm sure lots of you with money to burn will buy all of these figures up with glee, but I won't be among you. Sorry Takara, you've priced me out.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009277)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on February 9th, 2019 @ 9:06pm CST
For $120+, I would expect his kibble to pack up a bit better, not to mention a slightly less goofy-looking head. That head just looks a bit out of proportion with the body.

Like Optimus Prime, I'll stick with my current Bumblebee, thanks.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009278)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 9th, 2019 @ 9:09pm CST
i can this they finally got the face right :roll:
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009293)
Posted by ScottyP on February 9th, 2019 @ 10:22pm CST
I'm not one to dump on new stuff just to be edgy and Too Cool, but this looks bad.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009295)
Posted by omega666 on February 9th, 2019 @ 10:27pm CST
It looks like the designer just crumpled up aluminum foil and called it a Transformer.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009302)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on February 9th, 2019 @ 10:57pm CST
This is all I see. Think I’m gonna skip this one
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009316)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 10th, 2019 @ 1:54am CST

What's the point of making the front of the body so slim if everything is thrown into the back? The back of the feet even.

Takara has gone too far with the "fake parts" this time. I look at Prowl and Wheeljack and the original MP Bumblebee and they look so elegant.

Did they rush this for the sake of the show?
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009318)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 10th, 2019 @ 2:22am CST
Pic from Gamerlingual @TFW2005 --

From @darrthu --

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009336)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2019 @ 4:04am CST
>Those feet
>That backpack

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009337)
Posted by dryxler on February 10th, 2019 @ 4:07am CST
I agree with the above. I’m not on board with this reboot stuff. I want the new Megatron, but I’ve held back because of the price. And I have the initial runs of the other characters, plus tons of 3rd party MPs. The price on the new Prime is beyond stupid. And now this. Ugly as crap and expensive.
Somebody needs to convince them we need new characters, not ‘improvements’ on old ones. I get rebooting Hot Rod, Optimus, Megatron, and the Seekers designs earlier, but it’s going the wrong direction. I will continue to put my faith and money in 3rd Party figures. My Masterpiece collection is massive, with little thanks to the Takara Masterpiece line. I have a good bit of the official Masterpiece figures, but they are vastly outnumbered by my 3rd Party figures. I am a hardcore Transformers collector, but not so much for Takara/Hasbro. They rely too much on gimmicks and price gouging. Not every 3rd Party figure is great (I’ve bought and returned a few that were awful), but overall I love them. I desperately want Hasbro/Takara to get their act together and give us what we want at a reasonable price.
I have Fans Toys Terminus Giganticus, aka Omega Supreme. The last of the best. Don’t think Hasbro/Takara can top that one. I ❤️him.
Maybe I’ll get this new BB so my Zeta Toys Armageddon aka Bruticus can step on him. Jk
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009340)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 10th, 2019 @ 4:20am CST
Can't stop looking at him, because of disappointment.

The front looks too slim and compact due to the juxtaposition with the back.

This is from the designers that created the "Ladder Magic" in Inferno?

I figured a Chibi Beetle would mean less "kibble."

The head looks too round, also.

I hoped he'd look more like he did in episodes such as: The Quest for Survival, The Immobilizer and Autobot Spike.

The bright side is that MP-21 is still great. But the new mini-bots will probably follow MP-45.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009342)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:02am CST
BTW, Beetle mode --

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009349)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:23am CST
Cyberpath wrote:Oh wow, that is disappointing. I don't want to be too harsh before the stock-photos come out but did they make it in twelve days again?

Did they rush this for the sake of the show?

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009358)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:46am CST

Did they rush this for the sake of the show?

Hellscream9999 wrote:Nope, this is just what happens when you don't use the vehicle mode for parts of the body, you suddenly have lots of extra kibble left over and that inevitably has to go somewhere - but at least we can all take comfort in that it looks good from exactly 1 angle, which I guess is the new standard of what MP means >:oP

Yes, but the new MP Prime bascially replaces everything during transformation except for the smoke-stacks yet he looks good. And Sunstreaker's not bad either.

This Bumblebee just feels rushed.

IMO they should have got it right with the "fake parts" or alternatively, used the same engineering as MP-21 -- but from a chibi Beetle. (With extra articulation and such.)

Not crumple everything unto the back for the sake of a smaller unnecessary front. (Especially since my favourite art-style from the show is the more angular / "thicker" one. But that's my preference.)

I wonder if the designers feel okay with the result.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009360)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 10th, 2019 @ 6:00am CST
Cyberpath wrote:

Did they rush this for the sake of the show?

This Bumblebee just feels rushed.

I wonder if the designers feel okay with the result.

To be fair, he's quite a lot bigger and can shove a lot of stuff into his legs and chest, since he's a cube that de-shells to reveal a cube, whereas bb is a chibi vw that turns into that tiny bot and uses nothing from the vehicle mode
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009363)
Posted by carytheone on February 10th, 2019 @ 6:09am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:but at least we can all take comfort in that it looks good from exactly 1 angle, which I guess is the new standard of what MP means >:oP
Cartoons only look good in two dimensions. From his one good angle he looks anorexic and from every other angle he appears to be missing panels to hide all the junk in his trunk. His weird big head isn't helping his cause either.
Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos (2009368)
Posted by Emerje on February 10th, 2019 @ 6:31am CST

More like this is what happens when mass shifting isn't real and they can't figure out how to shrink the car mode down into a smaller robot.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #217 - Toy Fair 2019
"Toy Fair 2019"
Posted: Monday, February 18th, 2019

Buy "Combiner Wars Ironhide Transformers Deluxe 2015 CW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLOWPIPE & TRIGGERHAPPY New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return MONXO & WOLFWIRE figure boy toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Police Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive Cloudraker and Wingspan MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class WOLFWIRE Weird Wolf Loose Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher Complete" on EBAY