Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes

Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes

Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 11:42am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,390

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Multiple sources have provided us with the latest new pre-orders for Masterpiece figures which are about to be reissued. Among these figures are a reissue of MP-10 Optimus Prime, MP-11 Starscream, and MP-13 Soundwave with all of his cassettes (MP-15 and MP-16). These figures are set to be released in April of next year, which corresponds with the MP-36 Megatron release, meaning this could be a very busy month for Masterpieces! You can check out all of the pre-orders that we have available to show you below.

Optimus Prime
Big Bad Toy Store: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
TFsource: https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-10- ... d-reissue/
The Chosen Prime: http://thechosenprime.com/MP10Convoy
Ages 3 and up: http://www.agesthreeandup.com/mp-10-mas ... reissue-1/

Soundwave
Big Bad Toy Store: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E3%8 ... 268&sr=1-1
TFsource: https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-13-soundwave/
The Chosen Prime: http://thechosenprime.com/MP13Soundwave
Ages 3 and up: http://www.agesthreeandup.com/copy-of-m ... e-reissue/

Starscream with coronation gear
Big Bad Toy Store: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E3%8 ... 1478684829
TFsource: https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-11- ... n-reissue/
The Chosen Prime: http://thechosenprime.com/MP11Starscream
Ages 3 and up: http://www.agesthreeandup.com/mp-11-mas ... m-reissue/

Rumble and Ravage
Big Bad Toy Store: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
TFsource: https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-15- ... e-reissue/
The Chosen Prime: http://thechosenprime.com/MP15RumbleJaguar
Ages 3 and up: http://www.agesthreeandup.com/mp-15-mas ... e-reissue/

Frenzy and Buzzsaw
Big Bad Toy Store: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
TFsource: https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-16- ... w-reissue/
The Chosen Prime: http://thechosenprime.com/MP16FrenzyBuzzsaw
Ages 3 and up: http://www.agesthreeandup.com/mp-16-mas ... w-reissue/

Credit(s): Big Bad Toy Store, TFsource, Ages 3 and up, The Chosen Prime, Amazon Japan


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1839969)
Posted by nycPrime on November 9th, 2016 @ 1:42pm CST
It's nice to see a reissue for those that missed out and don't want to spend a ton of money on the secondary market. I'm interested in knowing how MP-10 and 13 will do here in the US. I know some folks prefer Takara over Hasbro, but there is quite the price premium to be paid for that privilege.

For MP-13, while the price is the same, the Hasbro Asia reissue will include the extra tapes.

As for MP-10, the Hasbro Asia reissue is still available from BBTS for $160, which is the one I bought a while back. And if you want Takara's, the prior reissue is still available from BBTS for $190. Not entirely sure why this 3rd reissue is $220.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840060)
Posted by Emerje on November 9th, 2016 @ 7:04pm CST
I need Soundwave still, I have all of the other rereleases (including the tapes, but I'm fine with my TRU Starscream), but how to pay for him and Megatron at the same time along with some other Japanese figures I've already got ordered? Looks like there'll be a lot of overtime at work in my future...

Emerje
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840188)
Posted by Emerje on November 10th, 2016 @ 11:03am CST
Hey, look at that, AmiAmi put their listings up early and the prices are really good.

MP-10 Optimus Prime - 16,530 JPY (~US$155)

MP-11 Coronation Starscream - 9,770 JPY (~US$92)

MP-13 Soundwave - 11,870 JPY (~US$111)

MP-15 Rumble and Ravage - 3,160 JPY (~US$30)

MP-16 Frenzy and Buzzsaw - 3,160 JPY (~US$30)

Ordered my Soundwave. :-D

Emerje
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840203)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 10th, 2016 @ 12:20pm CST
So Megs more or less will be around May 2017 baring delays.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840345)
Posted by phantom1592 on November 10th, 2016 @ 5:25pm CST
Seeing all these links, I thought I'd point out this too...

I know some people are very particular about what 'version' of an MP they get... and we're seeing rereleases at BBTS for MP-13 for $159USD and MP 14, 15.... for $45 each.

However, They also are selling this one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12406&mode=retail

Which is Soundwave and all FIVE cassettes for $159. Same price as Soundwave alone, but you get another $88 worth of cassettes. I preordered that in August and due out in December some time.

They are both listed as Takara... so if there's a difference... I'm not seeing it, but that 6 pack sure looks like the best deal to me.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840346)
Posted by nycPrime on November 10th, 2016 @ 5:36pm CST
phantom1592 wrote:Seeing all these links, I thought I'd point out this too...

I know some people are very particular about what 'version' of an MP they get... and we're seeing rereleases at BBTS for MP-13 for $159USD and MP 14, 15.... for $45 each.

However, They also are selling this one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12406&mode=retail

Which is Soundwave and all FIVE cassettes for $159. Same price as Soundwave alone, but you get another $88 worth of cassettes. I preordered that in August and due out in December some time.

They are both listed as Takara... so if there's a difference... I'm not seeing it, but that 6 pack sure looks like the best deal to me.

I said the exact same thing a few days ago, and I also ordered the Hasbro Asia reissue back in August. Same with mp10. Hasbro Asia reissue available for 159,and prior Takara reissue for 189. Even more curious why anyone would get newest reissue of it for over 200. But people definitely are particular about the differences between hasbro and takara. I personally am ok with the hasbro versions as the better value.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840350)
Posted by phantom1592 on November 10th, 2016 @ 5:41pm CST
nycPrime wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:Seeing all these links, I thought I'd point out this too...

I know some people are very particular about what 'version' of an MP they get... and we're seeing rereleases at BBTS for MP-13 for $159USD and MP 14, 15.... for $45 each.

However, They also are selling this one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12406&mode=retail

Which is Soundwave and all FIVE cassettes for $159. Same price as Soundwave alone, but you get another $88 worth of cassettes. I preordered that in August and due out in December some time.

They are both listed as Takara... so if there's a difference... I'm not seeing it, but that 6 pack sure looks like the best deal to me.

I said the exact same thing a few days ago, and I also ordered the Hasbro Asia reissue back in August. Same with mp10. Hasbro Asia reissue available for 159,and prior Takara reissue for 189. Even more curious why anyone would get newest reissue of it for over 200. But people definitely are particular about the differences between hasbro and takara. I personally am ok with the hasbro versions as the better value.



I was even shocked to see that BBTS had them both listed as Takara... So the Hasbro vs. Takara thing doesn't even work. My color vision isn't great, so if ther'es something subtle going on... I don't see it.

I even already picked up the 4 KO cassettes a couple years ago.. but still going with the 6 pack to get the 'real' ones. Compared to EBay's $280-$350 price tag for JUST soundwave... I consider this a steal.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840368)
Posted by nycPrime on November 10th, 2016 @ 6:25pm CST
phantom1592 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:Seeing all these links, I thought I'd point out this too...

I know some people are very particular about what 'version' of an MP they get... and we're seeing rereleases at BBTS for MP-13 for $159USD and MP 14, 15.... for $45 each.

However, They also are selling this one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12406&mode=retail

Which is Soundwave and all FIVE cassettes for $159. Same price as Soundwave alone, but you get another $88 worth of cassettes. I preordered that in August and due out in December some time.

They are both listed as Takara... so if there's a difference... I'm not seeing it, but that 6 pack sure looks like the best deal to me.

I said the exact same thing a few days ago, and I also ordered the Hasbro Asia reissue back in August. Same with mp10. Hasbro Asia reissue available for 159,and prior Takara reissue for 189. Even more curious why anyone would get newest reissue of it for over 200. But people definitely are particular about the differences between hasbro and takara. I personally am ok with the hasbro versions as the better value.



I was even shocked to see that BBTS had them both listed as Takara... So the Hasbro vs. Takara thing doesn't even work. My color vision isn't great, so if ther'es something subtle going on... I don't see it.

I even already picked up the 4 KO cassettes a couple years ago.. but still going with the 6 pack to get the 'real' ones. Compared to EBay's $280-$350 price tag for JUST soundwave... I consider this a steal.

I picked up a KO Ratbat off ebay yesterday during their flash sale. I'll have them all! LoL
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840372)
Posted by phantom1592 on November 10th, 2016 @ 6:30pm CST
nycPrime wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:Seeing all these links, I thought I'd point out this too...

I know some people are very particular about what 'version' of an MP they get... and we're seeing rereleases at BBTS for MP-13 for $159USD and MP 14, 15.... for $45 each.

However, They also are selling this one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12406&mode=retail

Which is Soundwave and all FIVE cassettes for $159. Same price as Soundwave alone, but you get another $88 worth of cassettes. I preordered that in August and due out in December some time.

They are both listed as Takara... so if there's a difference... I'm not seeing it, but that 6 pack sure looks like the best deal to me.

I said the exact same thing a few days ago, and I also ordered the Hasbro Asia reissue back in August. Same with mp10. Hasbro Asia reissue available for 159,and prior Takara reissue for 189. Even more curious why anyone would get newest reissue of it for over 200. But people definitely are particular about the differences between hasbro and takara. I personally am ok with the hasbro versions as the better value.



I was even shocked to see that BBTS had them both listed as Takara... So the Hasbro vs. Takara thing doesn't even work. My color vision isn't great, so if ther'es something subtle going on... I don't see it.

I even already picked up the 4 KO cassettes a couple years ago.. but still going with the 6 pack to get the 'real' ones. Compared to EBay's $280-$350 price tag for JUST soundwave... I consider this a steal.

I picked up a KO Ratbat off ebay yesterday during their flash sale. I'll have them all! LoL


Oh NICE! I haven't seen that one...

I have little intrest in Ratbat and Zero in the Black Soundwave... so I kind of wrote him off. If I can the original cassettes that I remember from childhood... I'm content.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840373)
Posted by william-james88 on November 10th, 2016 @ 6:33pm CST
The takara reissue with only laserbeak has red eyes. Tje reissue you see with all the casettes has yellow eyes. That's the main difference.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840396)
Posted by phantom1592 on November 10th, 2016 @ 7:12pm CST
Gotcha... Doesn't seem worth an extra $88 bucks to me for that... but to each their own ;)

What about the Takara MP-10? I see BBTS has Takara MP10 in stock for $189.... and '3rd run' Mp-10 Takara preorder for $219??? What's the difference between those... they're using the same advertising pictures.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840399)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 10th, 2016 @ 7:19pm CST
phantom1592 wrote:Gotcha... Doesn't seem worth an extra $88 bucks to me for that... but to each their own ;)

What about the Takara MP-10? I see BBTS has Takara MP10 in stock for $189.... and '3rd run' Mp-10 Takara preorder for $219??? What's the difference between those... they're using the same advertising pictures.


Old stocks are the cheaper ones. The new one takes into account the change in the fx currency, adjusted costs etc.

Also got myself a coronation Starcream from Amiami. Shoulder issues and all...... 8-}
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840409)
Posted by william-james88 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:13pm CST
phantom1592 wrote:Gotcha... Doesn't seem worth an extra $88 bucks to me for that... but to each their own ;)

What about the Takara MP-10? I see BBTS has Takara MP10 in stock for $189.... and '3rd run' Mp-10 Takara preorder for $219??? What's the difference between those... they're using the same advertising pictures.

The difference is that the cheaper one was bought from the supplier back when the $US was stronger against the yen. That is all. But we are just seeing these discrepencies because we are looking at secondary sellers who sell in USD. Like if you go on e-bay or amazon marketplace and see a bunch of primes and soundwaves for different prices, but at a much smaller scale.

In the market these were made for, Japan, its more like a restock at the same price. And the Soundwave with all the casettes together isnt sold in Japan so their only option is the one that comes with Laserbeak with the other casettes bought seperately.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1840453)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 11th, 2016 @ 12:40am CST
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1841180)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 14th, 2016 @ 8:29pm CST
It had to HAPPEN! :lol: KO Ironhide! :HEADHURTS: That's what vendors call them KOs now.."re-issues". Anyway for those afraid to mod their official versions, KO IH is now available.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1841182)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 14th, 2016 @ 8:39pm CST
A question on Coronation Starscream. I'm going to get one next year. I've heard he's got the issue similar to Legends Blitzwing's shoulder syndrome. My original Hb MP 'screamer had no issue when I swing the arms up. Is it as really as bad as Blitzwing?
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1841243)
Posted by steals_your_goats on November 15th, 2016 @ 6:38am CST
I only have Acidstorm and sunstorm versions of the mold for now but both of them have shoulder issues where I can't move their arms without the torso lifting up. It's annoying but manageable.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1841245)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 15th, 2016 @ 6:45am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I only have Acidstorm and sunstorm versions of the mold for now but both of them have shoulder issues where I can't move their arms without the torso lifting up. It's annoying but manageable.


Major bummer! Thanks for the response though.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1841253)
Posted by RAR on November 15th, 2016 @ 7:35am CST
Yeah I noticed the KO Ironhide came up the other day when I was buying a KO Hot Rod MP.

I'm actively searching for the KO's though as the build quality is better (as crazy as that seems to say that - it seems to be true a lot of the time).

I've also noticed a few Shockwaves have shown up again so I don't know if that is indiciative of anything like more rejects comming through - or even some pre-samples for a Takara or Hasbro Asia restock.
Re: Takara Masterpiece Reissues: Starscream with Coronation Gear, Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Cassettes (1841261)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 15th, 2016 @ 8:24am CST
RAR wrote:Yeah I noticed the KO Ironhide came up the other day when I was buying a KO Hot Rod MP.

I'm actively searching for the KO's though as the build quality is better (as crazy as that seems to say that - it seems to be true a lot of the time).

I've also noticed a few Shockwaves have shown up again so I don't know if that is indiciative of anything like more rejects comming through - or even some pre-samples for a Takara or Hasbro Asia restock.


Even Hotrodimus too?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
Twincast / Podcast #277:
"Daring to Be Stupid"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Soundwave Transformers Generations R.E.D Series Figure – Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Reaction Figures Super7 Transformers Chrome Commander Megatron Action Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Trypticon Gen 1 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure nice condition" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS NOVASTAR NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS TERRORCON CUTTHROAT" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS TERRORCON BLOT NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS SINNERTWIN NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS RIPPERSNAPPER NIP" on EBAY