Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images

Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 1:28pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,183

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has provided another pictorial update on MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0. These images give us a look at the latest Masterpiece figure freed from his cardboard prison, and show off his new coronation set and mold modifications. Check out the images mirrored below, the figure is scheduled to start shipping on the 31st!

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 11:39pm CDT

Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362768)
Posted by sky_fire12 on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:36pm CDT
Seems somewhat different than what we saw in earlier pictures. I'm pretty sure the face wasn't this dark. Just comes to show you cant trust photo editing. Im also very disappointed to see there's no stand included for jet mode, lets hope some 3rd party company can step in and make that happen.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362779)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:55pm CDT
I'm liking all the little differences between this and the first version in addition to the cape and crown. I never used the stand myself, but I guess it's too bad it's missing. Ditto the more realistic missiles.

Still, all I have right now is the green version. The G1 colored version of that was just never different enough for me to go out and buy ... in that respect the iGear one was tempting. But this one is even moreso.

I wonder how this compares to their first prototype. The prototype for this version showed all new sculpted parts on an existing toy, so they must be different.

edit: for your consideration ... MP Starscream version 1:

So it looks like it's mostly just the first version. Except for, maybe, the feet. Even the null rays look like they were from version 1 Starscream.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362785)
Posted by necr0blivion on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
Great comparision pics between the original MP Screamer and the "New Leader". It's fun looking for all the little tweaks made for the new version, but I'm so glad we're finally getting a new pilot. I'm not too pleased with how the dome of his crown turned out, but I'm looking forward to getting this set in-hand.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362786)
Posted by Kibble on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:17pm CDT
MP-11 looks really good. Too bad it's not still available through amiami or I probably woulda bit at their 9530 JPY price...or maybe it's a good thing it wasn't available. Guess I'll have to wait for a BBTS sale or US release. It's just too bad they didn't do it this way the first time around...

Also curious if there's been any improvement to the wing hinge. Those pieces were too damn fragile on the other versions.

Also pt II why is Sunstorm cheaper than Starscream on yahobby.com? Weird...
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362816)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:16pm CDT
WTF I thought the stickers where only for the Microns?!

Other than that and the lack of weapons I like everything about these, the packaging is awesome.

I may pick up some of the Micron boosters if they are also unassembled.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362821)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:25pm CDT
Definately looks like an improvement over the original MP figure. I'm sorely tempted by the glory of Starscream. :CON: :BOWDOWN: :CON:
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362824)
Posted by ZenPrime on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CDT
Is it me or does MP Starscream 2.0 look grayish in those photos?
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362827)
Posted by Blurrz on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
Stickers were the status quo 25 years ago. Funny how the times change.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362832)
Posted by Rated X on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:41pm CDT
Thats cool but not $150 cool...
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362833)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:44pm CDT
ZenPrime wrote:Is it me or does MP Starscream 2.0 look grayish in those photos?

A little bit, yeah. He was never supposed to be white, the G1 toy is a very light grey.

I'm really impressed. So much that I wish I didn't already have MP-03 so I could justify getting this one. The remold is much more extensive than I expected. Interesting how they executed the null-ray attachment. I like the 'holographic pilot' too. I do miss the realistic missiles and the stand, but I feel the extras it does come with are nice. Perhaps the finish looks a little cheap compared to original versions of the mold, but that's a minor nitpick.

*sigh* One more MP I can't afford.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362836)
Posted by Kibble on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:47pm CDT
ZenPrime wrote:Is it me or does MP Starscream 2.0 look grayish in those photos?

It's not just you...nor is it just the photos. He is a light gray.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362850)
Posted by Purplearms on March 27th, 2012 @ 4:14pm CDT
The tail fins hanging off the hips of mp3 starscream was awkward.. as were the pieces around the shoulders.. mp-11 is how starscream should have been made in the first place, with the fins as part of the legs..

i will say however that the paint on the mp3 takara starscream was superb.. it looked like battle damage / wear.. however one can say this looks more... cartoon accurate?
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362861)
Posted by Anonymous on March 27th, 2012 @ 4:42pm CDT
Huh, I really am liking the Takara Prime figures, but I can't justify paying 3 times more for figures I already have.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362909)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 27th, 2012 @ 5:50pm CDT
So... much... wasted... packaging plastic

Seriously, there is no reason for that much packaging. Put the cape behind Starscream, the shoulder pads and crown on the left under his wing and there you have it, about a third of it saved. That is where most of the cash is going to go for those importing him, the size of the box. As for the toy, I love how they handle the Null Rays, this is the first G1 Seeker that you don't have to unplug them to attach to the arm or wing. I still don't like the large pointed ends to the wings but I realise it was impossible to do otherwise. I'm not convinced this warrents a second purchase though. I'll wait till Peaugh does a review to see how it compares.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1362939)
Posted by Mykltron on March 27th, 2012 @ 6:35pm CDT
Here's hoping he ends up on sale in Argos for £20 like Skywarp!
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1363000)
Posted by Stormrider on March 27th, 2012 @ 8:12pm CDT
Yeah, it's cool to compare the MP Starscream differences side by side. I love the pearly blue paint, which is consistent with the pearly paint job the other two seekers got. But I too am surprised with the dark face. I am hoping it is a lighting issue.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1363007)
Posted by combiner711 on March 27th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CDT
This is really nice update for MP Starscream, those kibble were gone and its more neat G1 accurate figure so far. Now, how much it will cost for that changes? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1363045)
Posted by optimuscarlos on March 27th, 2012 @ 9:32pm CDT
OK, yesterday I was really exited about buying MP-11, mostly because my MP-03 has a broken wing, but after these pictures I totally changed my mind.

It looks really cheap in these pictures compare to takara's ones.
It seemed to me that the red and blue colors were actually paint, in takara's pictures, but I see on this pictures that is only red and blue plastic.
And it doesn't come with his stand, I've been using the stand of MP-03 since the first day.

Well, I will use the money on the 1/60 macross frontier alto custom renewal version. Which I found some days ago in an store near my job.

I prefer to buy an used seeker (version 1) to fix the broken wing of my MP-03 and paint the other in some sunstorm color scheme.
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1363061)
Posted by SnapTrap on March 27th, 2012 @ 9:59pm CDT
Nice changes to MP Starscream. Definite buy if I didn't already have the US version.

Not really diggin' TakTom's approach to the Prime figures at all. Glad I am able to score Hasbro's...
Re: Takara MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 In-Hand Images (1363074)
Posted by megatronus on March 27th, 2012 @ 10:47pm CDT
WHAT!!!??? No space rubies embedded in a 14kt gold crown? For SHAME Takara! :BOOM:

In all seriousness though, I love these images. All the mold differences are awesome, and I hope they fixed the awkward neck/head ball joint too to increase head articulation.

I'd be bummed if there were no stand included if and only if the feet weren't remolded - it looks like we should be able to pose Starscream better now that all his weight won't be on those wobbly thrusters. I can live without good "in-flight" displays if we get better OVERALL posability.

Can't wait til TFsource ships mine out with my also long awaited Beelzeboss Goldbug Kit! Total win! :KREMZEEK:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY