Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed

Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed

Monday, May 22nd, 2017 11:23am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 37,406

Seibertronians Starscream and Sabrblade have both sent huge news our way! Thanks to a scan of a hobby magazine, we have confirmation that the next Masterpiece figure will be Sunstreaker! He comes with several accessories, such as Chip Chase in his wheel chair! Check out the photos, coming from Twitter user Ryan Sheheey, below!

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Dicussion Thread

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Dicussion Thread

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Dicussion Thread

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Dicussion Thread

Credit(s): Ryan Sheehey

This article was last modified on Monday, May 22nd, 2017 12:14pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883274)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:27am CDT
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S THE BEST PARTS OF BADCUBE AND OMNIGONIX!!!! THANK YOU KUBIANBAO WEIJANG TAKARA!!!!!!!!!
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883279)
Posted by Cobotron on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:34am CDT
:shock: Oh man!
Dang it! That head is so toony, but those saxy legs look CRAZY AMAZY!!!!!

He looks good. Real good.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883280)
Posted by Talon523 on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:35am CDT
I've been waiting for this. It looks great. The only thing I'd like is an alternative helmet. I'm not a fan of the roundness.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883281)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:36am CDT
I guess he's nice if you like Sunstreaker. Always felt his ego was overcompensating for the fact he never looked as quite as nice as Sideswipe (and even then I liked Sideswipe's car mode much more than the robot mode. A red Lamborghini Countach was just a damn cool thing in the 80s. I even had a non-Transformers poster of that car on my wall). For you G1 MP fans this looks like a good product though (hopefully with as few flaws as possible)
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883283)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:38am CDT
This is an early look. I hope it gets the chrome exhaust in vehicle mode
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883285)
Posted by Saldersail2 on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:40am CDT
This is really out of the blue... but for the first time i think i prefer Badcube's instead of the official product. Does look bloody great though ;)^
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883287)
Posted by bacem on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:45am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Looks awesome!

Finally Sideswipe's buddy! And this completes the Autobot cast from Trans-Europe Express.

The gun storage in his leg is pretty cool.

Doesn't look like the chest uses the actual windshield in robot-mode?

yeah it does seems like it use faux parts. In fact, if you check the backpack on the 2nd pic, you can slightly see the actual windshield sticks out.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883290)
Posted by Overcracker on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:52am CDT
There's something off about him. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe the faux roof/chest is throwing me off.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883292)
Posted by TherimusPrime on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:54am CDT
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883295)
Posted by Kurona on May 22nd, 2017 @ 11:59am CDT
SUNSTREAKER DO NOT HOLD THE DISABLED CHILD LIKE THAT :shock:

Maaan this figure looks great. I've been liking Sunstreaker's design a lot recently, and I'm very curious about what mold re-uses'll happen - holding out for Red Sunstreaker. Red Sun streaker? Red Star, Starstreaker...

I'll think over the names later. Only thing that's really detracting from the figure for me is the head; those horns need to be angled!
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883297)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:04pm CDT
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883300)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:07pm CDT
might actually get this. not overly cartoony and looks simliar to sunsurge.

hopefully they will add chrome and an optional silver face.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883301)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:08pm CDT
SO MUCH YES! :-D

Kurona wrote:Red Sun streaker? Red Star, Starstreaker...

I'll think over the names later.

I already determined a few years ago that Diaclone Red Sunstreaker's name should be "Hotstreak."
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883303)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:12pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:SO MUCH YES! :-D

Kurona wrote:Red Sun streaker? Red Star, Starstreaker...

I'll think over the names later.

Red Sunstreaker is Spin-Out.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883309)
Posted by william-james88 on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:24pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Looks awesome!

The gun storage in his leg is pretty cool.

Doesn't look like the chest uses the actual windshield in robot-mode?

Its not. You can tell beause there is no big autbot sign in vehicle mode, plus the windsheild is much bigger than what we see on the robot chest.

I dont know, maybe its because I have no attachement to this character, but this doesnt look that great. Vehicle mode is amazing though!

Ironhidensh wrote:I need more pics, but I may like this better than Sunsurge. How official is this, in terms of reliability. The thread I saw on Facebook wasn't 100% sure of its legitimacy.

Looks legit to me. Takara toys get revealed in magazines and the next one is due out soon so these are scans of that. Whats too bad is that I was hoping Dinobot would be seen before. But hey, this is great news for those worrying that the G1 characters were gonna get ignored. I guess that makes Dinobot MP 40
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883310)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:SO MUCH YES! :-D

Kurona wrote:Red Sun streaker? Red Star, Starstreaker...

I'll think over the names later.

Red Sunstreaker is Spin-Out.

Damnit!

Has the white Diaclone Sunstreaker been named yet? If not, I propose: "Whitehot!"
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883311)
Posted by Kurona on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:26pm CDT
TherimusPrime wrote:Definitely was not expecting this! Looks great! ;)^ The one thing I hope they fix is that his spoiler should be silver, as it also was in the cartoon. If they are striving for toon-accuracy, the spoiler should indeed be silver.

Funny thing is, it was silver on the original toy as well. This spoiler therefore ends up being accurate to... the Universe toy and IDW. Hhhhhuh.

Hoping we'll see comparisons to Sideswipe in the upcoming months, especially in car mode. Must admit I'm kind of surprised that they didn't do anyone who shares a name with a TLK character to cash in on that Branding™. No Hound? No Grimlock remake?
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883313)
Posted by Cobotron on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:SO MUCH YES! :-D

Kurona wrote:Red Sun streaker? Red Star, Starstreaker...

I'll think over the names later.

Red Sunstreaker is Spin-Out.

Actually...
Diaclone Red Sunstreaker's name is Countach LP500s Super Tuning. :(

Boy! Things got a lot more fun when Hasbro took over the brand. :lol:

I like Hotstreak!!!!!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883315)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:33pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:SO MUCH YES! :-D

Kurona wrote:Red Sun streaker? Red Star, Starstreaker...

I'll think over the names later.

Red Sunstreaker is Spin-Out.

Maybe they will reassign Spin-out's faction to Decepticon. Don't need ANY more Autobots.

In other news: FINALLY!!! Having Sideswipe for so long without this guy felt a little wrong.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Revealed (1883317)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2017 @ 12:36pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:SO MUCH YES! :-D

Kurona wrote:Red Sun streaker? Red Star, Starstreaker...

I'll think over the names later.

Red Sunstreaker is Spin-Out.

Damnit!

The creatively-named "Sunstreaker Police Type".

Meh. >:oP

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Series Lot. Opened. Optimus Prime, Havoc, Wheelie, Skids and" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class SIDESWIPE Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Weaponizer Dragonus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers QUINTESSON DESEEUS Army Drone Netflix WFC Walmart Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY