Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos

Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos

Sunday, June 4th, 2017 11:17am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Sigma Magnus   Views: 20,533

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have new stock photos of Takara's Masterpiece Sunstreaker! The images show off Sunstreaker posing with his pistol, both forms of the vehicle mode (standard Lamborghini Countach, and customized Countach) along with the opening hood and doors feature, and the small Chip Chase included with the figure! Also with these images, we seem to have confirmation that Sunstreaker will have interchangeable spoilers, one in yellow, one in chrome. Check out the stock photos below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos

Transformers News: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886806)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:18am CDT
>Interchangeable spoilers

Sweeeet.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886808)
Posted by wilcosu35 on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:20am CDT
Kurona wrote:>Interchangeable spoilers

Sweeeet.



I'd say that deserves a spoiler alert :-D
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886809)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:22am CDT
I wouldn't get too excited about that.
From takara Tomy mall
Sunstreaker, laser gun (1), flare gun, alien monster face (1), replacement face (smile) (1), replacement face (screaming) (1), Spare side mirror (1 runner set) (1), Chip Chase figure (1), Wheelchair (1), Character card (1), Instruction manual (1)

Someone mentioned that in some pics the spoiler looked photoshopped. They most likely had to do that till they got the okay from lambo to do it
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886818)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:47am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:I wouldn't get too excited about that.
From takara Tomy mall
Sunstreaker, laser gun (1), flare gun, alien monster face (1), replacement face (smile) (1), replacement face (screaming) (1), Spare side mirror (1 runner set) (1), Chip Chase figure (1), Wheelchair (1), Character card (1), Instruction manual (1)

Someone mentioned that in some pics the spoiler looked photoshopped. They most likely had to do that till they got the okay from lambo to do it


Unless there's no parts forming and the spoiler can transform.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886832)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 4th, 2017 @ 12:22pm CDT
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886841)
Posted by Overcracker on June 4th, 2017 @ 12:52pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:I wouldn't get too excited about that.
From takara Tomy mall
Sunstreaker, laser gun (1), flare gun, alien monster face (1), replacement face (smile) (1), replacement face (screaming) (1), Spare side mirror (1 runner set) (1), Chip Chase figure (1), Wheelchair (1), Character card (1), Instruction manual (1)

Someone mentioned that in some pics the spoiler looked photoshopped. They most likely had to do that till they got the okay from lambo to do it


Unless there's no parts forming and the spoiler can transform.


Indeed it looks like the spoilers and chrome exhausts transform out of the back of the car, rather than partsform.

If you notice the pic with the Chrome spoiler has a very smooth engine cover under the spoiler, while the yellow one with the chrome exhausts deployed is busier with thicker bases for the yellow spoiler.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886844)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 1:08pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has once again come through for us with many an image of Takara's latest upcoming Masterpiece, MP-39 Sunstreaker! Below you'll find photos showing off his exceptional poseability, how he compares to his brother Sideswipe, and even a cool boxart homage. Check 'em out and tell us what you think in the forums!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886846)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 4th, 2017 @ 1:24pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Image
"Go, web!"
"Fly."
"Up, up, and away, web!"
"Shazam!"
"Go!"
"Go!"
"Go, web, go!"
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886865)
Posted by frogbat on June 4th, 2017 @ 2:53pm CDT
He looks awesome.. only gripe is the chrome... always disliked it. Mp hot rod was losing some paint after two transformations.


Also.. where's his gun referenced from? Don recall the toy having one..or am I mistaken?
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886874)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 4th, 2017 @ 3:12pm CDT
Image


Come one, Takara, leave something for us. ;)
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886903)
Posted by sol magnus on June 4th, 2017 @ 5:54pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Image


Come one, Takara, leave something for us. ;)

Sunstreaker holding his arm is specifically from Roll For It, but that one works, too.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886907)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 4th, 2017 @ 6:13pm CDT
Like Ironhide getting patched up, Sunstreaker complaining about his bruises is a common thing in the cartoon. :))


Image

Image
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886933)
Posted by sol magnus on June 4th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CDT
Indeed!

I gotta say, though: Sunstreaker never looked so good! Can't wait!
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886936)
Posted by nycPrime on June 4th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CDT
Quick question for everyone. I don't have any version of MP Sideswipe, and I'm considering the new anime acurate version or Sunstreaker. I only want to get one for cost reasons. If you had to choose just one, which would you and why?
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886938)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 4th, 2017 @ 9:33pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:Quick question for everyone. I don't have any version of MP Sideswipe, and I'm considering the new anime acurate version or Sunstreaker. I only want to get one for cost reasons. If you had to choose just one, which would you and why?

Honestly, there's not that much difference. If you can get a good deal on either, go for it. It's a great mold. Just make sure you're not buying a KO.
Sorry, i just caught that I misunderstood the question. Sideswipe vs Sunstreaker? Sunstreaker looks to be a lot more articulate, but Sideswipe's head sculpt is better.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886944)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 10:10pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:Quick question for everyone. I don't have any version of MP Sideswipe, and I'm considering the new anime acurate version or Sunstreaker. I only want to get one for cost reasons. If you had to choose just one, which would you and why?

Sideswipe - at least for now - seems to be the much better option. As it's a very minor redeco it's basically a re-issue; and a re-issue of a figure that is known to be an excellent toy. Not only that but it costs a lot less than Sunstreaker but is the same size. I'd suggest waiting for sales on Sunstreaker.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886965)
Posted by Emerje on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:48pm CDT
Pre-orders are up for Sunstreaker (and Sideswipe). The MSRP is a ridiculous 12,000 JPY, that's the same as the much larger Optimus Primal and 2,000 JPY more than Ironhide and Ratchet! What on Earth could justify that price jump? Sure, he has a lot of accessories, but so do the vans and Primal.

Meanwhile MP-12+ is 8,500 JPY.

Emerje
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886991)
Posted by Kurona on June 5th, 2017 @ 5:41am CDT
Emerje wrote:Pre-orders are up for Sunstreaker (and Sideswipe). The MSRP is a ridiculous 12,000 JPY, that's the same as the much larger Optimus Primal and 2,000 JPY more than Ironhide and Ratchet! What on Earth could justify that price jump? Sure, he has a lot of accessories, but so do the vans and Primal.

Meanwhile MP-12+ is 8,500 JPY.

Emerje

I thought Primal was the same size as the car bots; basically Voyager?

But yeah, the price jump is insane. We've been thinking it's due to parts count in order to make the transformation work.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1886994)
Posted by Burn on June 5th, 2017 @ 6:07am CDT
And ... pre-ordered from HLJ.
Re: Takara MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker Stock Photos (1887003)
Posted by Emerje on June 5th, 2017 @ 7:03am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Emerje wrote:Pre-orders are up for Sunstreaker (and Sideswipe). The MSRP is a ridiculous 12,000 JPY, that's the same as the much larger Optimus Primal and 2,000 JPY more than Ironhide and Ratchet! What on Earth could justify that price jump? Sure, he has a lot of accessories, but so do the vans and Primal.

Meanwhile MP-12+ is 8,500 JPY.

Emerje

I thought Primal was the same size as the car bots; basically Voyager?

I've never compared, but he's at least larger than Rhinox so I'm pretty sure he's taller than most average Voyagers. I had assumed Cheetor was the size of the cars and Primal was somewhere between the cars and the vans, but again, I've never compared. I'm redoing my shelves so everything is in boxes right now. :|

But yeah, the price jump is insane. We've been thinking it's due to parts count in order to make the transformation work.

He does appear to have a large parts count, but Primal's is deceptively large as well, plus he has size and the ever expensive electronics going for him. Still feels like Sunstreaker should have been closer to 10,000 JPY all things considered. Maybe they got screwed on the license renewal?

Then again, they did price MPM Bumblebee at 10,000 JPY and he comes with very few accessories so maybe Takara Tomy is raising the MP prices across the board?

I'm sure this has already come up, but we'll likely see a G1 toy-style MP with red shoulders in the future, right? I mean, we still don't have a dark purple Shockwave, but it seems likely.

Emerje

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Drift Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY