Friday, January 12th, 2018 9:20am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,202

Astute fans noticed that the combiner teams were absent from the previous listings of Takara's Power of the Primes toys, which so far is the same line as Hasbro's Power of the Primes. Dreadwind and Blackwing were also missing and so was Starscream. Did that means that at least the combiner teams would be different from Hasbro's? Would a team like the Dinobots be instead released in a Unite Warriors style boxset (regardless of them being different or not)? Was there no Dreadwing and Blackwing because those came out as Buster and Hydra in Japan?

Nope, none of that. The reason the Dinobots, Starscream, and the rest were not in the initial listings is because they are all coming out in June and July instead. Like Hasbro, every toy is being released individually. There are no Combiner Box Sets and Dreadwing and Blackwing are being released under those names. For now, looking at the fact that these are being released individually and with the same names as Hasbro's Power of the Primes toys, the safest bet is that these will also be identical to the Hasbro releases (pictured below). This fits with Takara's recent confirmation that this year will have a brand unification like never before.

Here are the upcoming releases for Takara's Power of the prime line according to S.T.F.U.'s Facebook page.

Power of the Primes wave 2 – June

PP-10 Alchemist Prime
PP-11 Dinobot Slug
PP-12 Dinobot Swoop
PP-13 Dinobot Snarl
PP-14 Dinobot Sludge
PP-15 Dinobot Grimlock

Power of the Primes wave 3 – July

PP-16 Moonracer
PP-17 Dreadwind
PP-18 Blackwing
PP-19 Starscream

Transformers News: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More

Credit(s): STFU Facebook page

This article was last modified on Friday, January 12th, 2018 12:10pm CST

Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931126)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:21am CST
Not surprised in the least.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931127)
Posted by william-james88 on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:23am CST
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931129)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:29am CST
william-james88 wrote:I know how I am spending my lunch break, gonna go visit some forums and drink some sweet fan tears.
I hear they'll be serving crow to those fans. :P
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931130)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:38am CST
Still interesting that they are helping the westernised names
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931131)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:39am CST
Like I said in the other potp thread the preorder prices are sightly more than jazz for the deluxe and the voyager prices are closer to that of legends line which came with different decos and accessories. Not saying this means anything but it is something to note. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideInStock=false&HidePreorder=false&HideSoldOut=false&InventoryStatus=i%2Cp%2Cso&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Series=13137&Company=2
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931134)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:52am CST
Me personally, I;m not affected by the decision to have unchanged Hasbro toys. I don't get why some fans would buy a Hasbro version of a figure and say that it's okay,, but then they buy the Takara version that has a differently colored Autobot insignia and then they say it's perfect despite it being identical. I can see people buying Takara figures if it's characters that won't be reissued, unique redecos, full on premium makeovers like Buster Prime, original figures (especially those Hasbro wouldn't get), and metallic paint jobs, but most Takara versions are just like the Hasbro version but with different color placements.

What I did want from the Takara versions of the POTP figures was to have new weapons or at the very least fix the color issues that Leader Optimus and Rodimus have.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931139)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:10am CST
bodrock wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:I can only agree. Mine will definitely not end up as a combiner limb. He looks too darn cool in robot mode. Maybe I'll pose him fighting with Cutthroat as soon as I'll get him in my fingers :twisted:

The Terrorcons are my most anticipated group of characters from PotP!

Mine as well together with (Optimal) Optimus Pirmal. I'll definitely make an Abominus because I don't like Hungurrr's other modes anyway and the Torso looks awesome. But I'm not sure if I want to use the others in their limb modes. Maybe he'll get some Stunticons, Combaticons the The Fallen as limbs.

bodrock wrote:Cutthroat looks great, and they've been needing an update for some time now.

I really like them as Infernocons from The Last Knight. Infernocus is not bad but I prefer them as individual figures and I don't mind Hungurrr's missing. He wasn't a good torso anyway.

bodrock wrote:I had a chance to take s'more pics of Rodimus -- what a fun figure. :rodimusstar: Image

Have you done something to Galvatron's cannon? It looks awesome like a galaxy's inside :shock:
Or is that the noraml sparkly plastic flakes that are shining in your flashlight?
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931140)
Posted by o.supreme on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:13am CST

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND...............That Sucks, That REALLY REALLY sucks. Am I surprised...no, but disappointed...YES. Everything about Unite Warriors was awesome, and the very least :TAKARATOMY: could have done was given us some cool new packaging. Heck they aren't even releasing Buster & Hydra together as a 2-pack (not even calling them Buster & Hydra, just using the Hasbro names...)

Well, that's truly a shame. But it is what it is, life goes on. The Good News is -My little impulse purchase of Dreadwind at my sons insistence will not go to waste. I can now start planning my PotP purchasing accordingly. If I can get 1 figure per week on average, (I have 3 deluxes and 2 voyagers to purchase), that will keep me going for some time.

So at this point, why would anyone want to purchase the :TAKARATOMY: versions? There is no difference. Hopefully Online retailers will understand this and scale back their pre orders significantly, because I seriously doubt they will have many takers.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931142)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:18am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Autobot N wrote:Image

Honestly it's pretty disappointing that it's the same colors as the unite warriors one.

Why is that disappointing? Those are his traditional colors and :HASBRO: even uses a different pattern which is more traditional (G1-ish), as well. And that's the disappointing part to me because I really like :TAKARATOMY:'s Blast Off.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931143)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:20am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Autobot N wrote:Image

Why is that disappointing?
Because Takara made Blast Off's brown too orange.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931144)
Posted by o.supreme on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:22am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
I hear they'll be serving crow to those fans. :P

I hope you guys can discern the difference between fans that were insisting, and "absolutely certain" vs. those of us (like myself) that were just hoping...
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931145)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:23am CST
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I hear they'll be serving crow to those fans. :P

Just lightly playing. ;)
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931147)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:26am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Autobot N wrote:Image

Why is that disappointing?
Because made Blast Off's brown too orange.
I don't mind that. Just the slightly inconsistent patterns are a bit off.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931148)
Posted by o.supreme on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:27am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I hear they'll be serving crow to those fans. :P

Just lightly playing. ;)

understood ;)^ 8-)
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931150)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:34am CST
Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Autobot N, we have further word on the previously rumored Power of the Primes Blastoff. As you might remember, Blastoff was first rumored when the back packaging and bios for the wave 2 and 3 voyagers were shown off, and the image showed the back of his car with the figure almost entirely scribbled out, not unlike some of the Studio Series leaks. While the figure has merely been a rumor, and the image was subjected to heavy scrutiny and it was unsure if it was fake or not, we now have further information that may confirm the rumor is true.

The new image comes to us from Weibo user 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂, and it shows off Blastoff in his alt mode, flying through the sky in shuttle mode. The image also uses a similar background as the rest of the Power of the Primes packaging arts, making a strong case that this figure is in fact coming. While we don't have any more information regarding the figure, it is possible that Blastoff will be a May Mayhem exclusive, much like the previous Groove. Also like Groove, the packaging art suggests it may be a straight re-release of the Takara paint job.

Check out the image below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931154)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:42am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

No, it doesn't:

Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931155)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:42am CST
I did not usually order a Takara version of a toy that had a Hasbro release, but that decision was more financial than based on lack of interest. I'm disappointed with the move because I liked seeing how Takara would handle their take on a character. It provided buyers with an additional option so they could choose which version suited them most.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931156)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:44am CST
Goodbye, necessity for a Unite Warriors purchase!
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931158)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:44am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

No, it doesn't:

Yeah I only noticed this now even though I own the Takara one. I'm less disappointed now. My big thing was I thought it was exactly the same and I was hoping the colors were different so he could be a different character.
Re: Takara POTP June and July Listings with Dreadwind, Blackwing, Individual Dinobots and More (1931159)
Posted by no-one on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:49am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Autobot N wrote:

Why is that disappointing?
Because made Blast Off's brown too orange.
Agreed, I hope it's the same lovely shade of brown as jet Blast-off. I also hope the figure matches the art with brown from stem to stern. That chunk of purple on the Takara release never looked right just like the weird shade of brown they used. Hopefully grey/gunmetal booster toes as well.

I wonder it he will come with a CW or PotP fist and if the latter will there be retooling to allow for prime armor integration? :-?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY