Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products

Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products

Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 10:03am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 45,357

In a fun change of pace, it is Takara who has revealed one of Hasbro's biggest Transformers releases of 2021.

This tweet posted images from Amazon Japan showing the upcoming Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime. This will be a very detailed action figure with more articulation than usual, like double jointed hands, which are features more typical of Transformers Masterpiece figures. He comes with a trailer which converts into a battle station just like the original G1 toy. Unlike the original G1 toy, the robot component does become a decent looking car. This will be around the $80 USD mark when released. Commander Class Rodimus Prime can be pre-ordered currently on Amazon Japan.

Let us know if you think it's worth it and share your thoughts on our Energon Pub forums.

Transformers News: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products

In addition to Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime, Takara also revealed a couple of other products that they will be releasing later this year. These products including the upcoming Studio Series ROTF Bumblebee as well as the Transformers X Top Gun Maverick crossover action figure.

Credit(s): figsoku on Twitter and Amazon Japan

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 12:56pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097563)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:11am CST
I kinda like it. Look pretty much like my perfect Rodimus Prime
Though, wasn't he supposed to come with a fishing rod??
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097564)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:12am CST
Easy pass on the Rodimus, not so sure I'd pay the same price I paid for the evil potp version but at least it's an option for those who want him. Trailer really doesnt look advanced or enough for the money and the front of the car/windshield still looks off along with awkward placement within the trailer.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097565)
Posted by FiddlerUndone on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:14am CST
Definitely an instant pre-order. And that will never show up around here.

I've been tempering my expectations for this and hoping he would clear the bar for a good figure. But he looks great. Maybe now I won't have to shed a tear on his behalf every time I look at the POTP abomination on my shelf.

And the trailer is way better than the SiegeRiseDom Optimus trailer.

-Fid
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097566)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:17am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I kinda like it. Look pretty much like my perfect Rodimus Prime
Though, wasn't he supposed to come with a fishing rod??
I think it was said somewhere that the rod was replaced by the Sword of Primus.

Speaking of which, Primus redeco when, Takara? Please and thank you.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097567)
Posted by sol magnus on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Though, wasn't he supposed to come with a fishing rod??
I think it was said somewhere that the rod was replaced by the Sword of Primus.

Speaking of which, Primus redeco when, Takara? Please and thank you.

Ha. I might even buy that.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097568)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:18am CST
He can do the "This is the end of the road, Galvatron!" finger pointing pose. I was in before, but now I'm all in. All for the fingers. :-D
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097569)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:18am CST
Definitely getting Rodimus now. We can only hope the rumored Galvatron won’t be ruined... :PRAY:
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097570)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:23am CST

Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097572)
Posted by sol magnus on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:27am CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:Setting aside those caveats, it's a nice looking bot. Looks like there's hand and index finger articulation. The colors and mold details are great. I'm not sure if it's worth $80, but I know I'll happily pay it.

Not that I usually care to that degree, but Rodimus has no gaps that I can see in any of the current photos.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097573)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:28am CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:I wish the car slotted back further into the trailer. As it is, the vehicle mode is much closer to the PotP design than to the G1 cartoon or toy. Since we got SS86 Hot Rod and the PotP also has a smaller car, I wish they had prioritized the combined vehicle mode over the other functions. Since I already have and intend to keep PotP Rodimus, I'm not as excited as I otherwise would be.

I'd genuinely thought that they might be doing something kinda new with him because he was said to be toy inspired, so I assumed his "cab" mode would have been more like Kup where it's a pickup truck with a unique front end, and that would allow them to have the trailer sit properly against the cab area, but instead they went off of some frames from vey specific episodes.

I don't hate it, and kinda like the car mode, but I definitrly agree that it could have been better
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097574)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:38am CST
Rodimus apparently comes with TEN blast effects and a Matrix.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097575)
Posted by Seibertron on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:40am CST
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097576)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:40am CST
Mindmaster wrote:Rodimus apparently comes with TEN blast effects and a Matrix.

Before anyone gets too excited, some people on TFW pointed out that he comes with Omega/Sky Lynx's effects, so that's 7 parts, plus the Matrix effect from SS86 Hot Rod, and likely the other two effects as well
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097577)
Posted by Tuned Agent on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:46am CST
The bot mode looks great, much better than Hot Rod. The full alt mode looks decent. I was expecting to be more impressed by his trailer though, it's kinda... underwhelming. There are probably a couple more features in it that aren't pictured, though, so I'm not making any final judgements yet.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097578)
Posted by sol magnus on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:47am CST
Seibertron wrote:Rodimus Prime looks absolutely incredible except for the windshield and yellow spoiler placement. Is it mistransformed or just a new design aesthetic for Rodimus? Everything else looks amazing. I love that they included the G1 trailer features. This trailer looks much better than the one that came with Optimus!

The position of the spoiler is correct, so I guess it's a new aesthetic. I'm okay with the 'discrepancy' because he nets a fully formed vehicle mode unlike the original.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097579)
Posted by o.supreme on March 9th, 2021 @ 10:55am CST
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097580)
Posted by Overcracker on March 9th, 2021 @ 11:03am CST
:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :BOWDOWN: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

Well, I guess I'll have to set aside $80 bucks for the pre-order. He looks awesome in both modes. I now understand the car mode, and the battle platform looks good.

Assuming he comes with more accessories than just the sword and gun, (at least a Matrix is pretty much a given) the $80 is not that hard to swallow.

The only gripe is the lack of paint on the rims. But that is easily fixed with a silver sharpie.

At least I have time to save up the dough. Though shipping may be a bit painful for him. Hope Tracks and Tigatron show up at around the same time so I can ship the together.

I'm gonna need a bigger shelf for the HotRod / Radius display now.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097581)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 9th, 2021 @ 11:16am CST
o.supreme wrote:It's a great looking toy to be sure, but it's definitely no CC. Curse Hasbro for putting an Airlock on the Trailer. But I am going to stand my ground on this one. The only reason I would get it is for that, (and I've passed on a couple other Airlock TF's already) and I'm not paying $80 for it. If I can't get it for a considerable discount, then I'll pass. So be it.

This is where I am. For city building, the trailer actually really isn't that great. It would be a dead end for any road, at least that's what I'm telling myself now.
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097582)
Posted by o.supreme on March 9th, 2021 @ 11:19am CST
From one City Builder to another, I totaly get that ;)^ .
Re: Takara reveals Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime and other products (2097583)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 9th, 2021 @ 11:25am CST
Not sure how I feel about this guy yet
I love the robot mode, especially the head sculpt
But the combined vehicle mode and battle platform just seem so underwhelming for a CC price point. I hope we get more info about accessories, features, and some size comparisons soon

I'm probably still gonna get him haha I just hope there's more bang for my buck

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Trailcutter mosc sealed trailbreaker g1 idw mib" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe Comic Lot of 26 DDP 2005-2007 America's Elite Storm Shadow Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive Clean Packaging New" on EBAY