Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos

Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos

Sunday, September 6th, 2020 11:06pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 41,825

So it turns out that the big tease for Takara's next reveal, which showed Volcanicus' headsculpt turns out to be.... Volcanicus. Power of the Primes is when there stopped being a difference between the toys released by Hasbro and Takara, but now Takara is showing us their take on Volcanicus. It is very reminiscent of their Devastator over Hasbro's with more cartoon accurate colour schemes and more accessories. You can check out all the photos below. It will be released next year in February and will be just a bit over $200, which is double the price the Hasbro version cost when released at retail.

Here is more info from the Hobbymizer Facebook page.

Takara Tomy Generation Selects Dinobots Volcanicus
It will be made according to animated color, with a new design fist and sole, and two giant swords!
Price 22000 yen
Release date 2021 / late February
9/9 Official Web Appointment Begins!

Transformers News: Takara Reveals their Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos

Credit(s): Hobbymizer

Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079274)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:14pm CDT
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079275)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:17pm CDT
Welp, so much for saving money.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079276)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:21pm CDT
Correction: main body of the feet is reused, with new covers for the toes.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079277)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:32pm CDT
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079278)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:34pm CDT
Bombshell0001 wrote:What a disappointment !!!! I was really hoping that we would get 5 voyager class dinobots . I guess I can say good bye to an arm and a leg trying to get either fanstoys GCreations or Gigasaurs .

Studio Series 86 should be doing a Leader Grimlock and Slag. I would be surprised if the others don't show up in the line
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079279)
Posted by ausbot on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:39pm CDT
Boooo this sucks gimme dinoking
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079280)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:53pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Studio Series meaning the movie versions?...if so that's another pass for me.
Easy pass for takara's version too. And that is a bummer. I was hoping for different molds. The combiner effects take away from what they could have made them look more like the dinobots IMO.......
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079281)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:55pm CDT
NTESHFT wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Studio Series meaning the movie versions?...if so that's another pass for me.

If the rumors are true, then it's new G1 versions based on the 1986 movie. Grimlock comes with a miniature Wheelie, and Slag comes with a Daniel. Both have had listings from Wal-Mart leak
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079282)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on September 6th, 2020 @ 11:58pm CDT
NTESHFT wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Studio Series meaning the movie versions?...if so that's another pass for me.

No, Studio Series 86 meaning the 1986 G1 movie versions. That's why Studio Series 86 listings have also included Kup, Blurr, Jazz, Hot Rod, and Gnaw, as well as others iirc.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079283)
Posted by Powered Convoy on September 7th, 2020 @ 12:11am CDT
Some more new photos:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1067880/ ... ssion=true

More in the link.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079284)
Posted by meanguns on September 7th, 2020 @ 12:28am CDT
they look good, but not $200 good. wouldn't mind the accessories tho.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079285)
Posted by MeGrimlockFan on September 7th, 2020 @ 12:34am CDT
Wait weren't POTP dinobots already IN a G1 color scheme to begin with this version has new fists and feet anbd metallic paint on the dinobots big deal I'll be happy with the set I have from POTP IF and that's a B-I-G IF Takara were to do Masterpiece Slag Sludge Snarl and Swoop and then Hasbro releases their versions then I'd get those
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079286)
Posted by noctorro on September 7th, 2020 @ 12:42am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So they polished a turd and want us to pay $200 for it? hard pass and genuine disappointment >:oP

Eh... go play with Energon or Universe Dinobots.

The only flaws I see with the Power of the Primes Dinobots are size, they would look better if they were voyagers. And Grimlock is a bit out of proportion but that's because he's the combiner core.

Please do tell me which Grimlock is miles better than this one. Classics? Fall of Cybertron who's made of butter package plastic? (I mean regular release)

Ontopic: They look better but I already have the team complete so pass for me.
Extra guns as far as I can see do look good.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079287)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 7th, 2020 @ 1:00am CDT
Hm. (1) Called it. (2) I like the originals better (with a little aftermarket goodness, anyway).

IMG_20200815_222642703.jpg
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079288)
Posted by o.supreme on September 7th, 2020 @ 1:36am CDT
I wonder if like some video game stores, TT would offer "credit" towards this purchase if I were willing to give back to them my PorP Dinobots, maybe get like 30% off or something. They could recycle all the plastic into new/ better toys ;)
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079290)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 7th, 2020 @ 1:48am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I wonder if like some video game stores, TT would offer "credit" towards this purchase if I were willing to give back to them my PorP Dinobots, maybe get like 30% off or something.

I'm sure you could do better than $60 for all five Dinobots if you sold them on ebay. A lot better.

They could recycle all the plastic into new/ better toys ;)

I'm pretty sure they couldn't do that if they wanted to.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079291)
Posted by Omega-Doom on September 7th, 2020 @ 2:05am CDT
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079293)
Posted by Deadput on September 7th, 2020 @ 2:47am CDT
With the Studio Series 86 versions coming this set gets the yearly "most pointless release" award.

The POTP Dinobots aren't even that good (own Grimlock, Slash and Selects Swoop and have handled Slag and Snarl) since the Combiner gimmick really does them no favors, unironically Slash is the best for this reason.

Omega-Doom wrote:Please tell me my eyes deceive me, I really hope that isn't clear plastic I see on quite a few dinobots..

I think the original POTP versions had clear/translucent plastic as well so that's probably the case here.
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079298)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 7th, 2020 @ 2:58am CDT
this is what it should have been to begin with
Re: Takara Reveals their $200 Version of Volcanicus with Cartoon Accurate Decos (2079299)
Posted by DMSL on September 7th, 2020 @ 3:07am CDT
Easy pass never cared for Dinobots combining.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "SDCC 2012 Transformers Generations Bruticus Combatacons Fall of Cybertron NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 BRUTICUS Misb New Fall of Cybertron G2 Foc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of cybertron Bruticus Set 5 Figures 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri 02 - Transformers Tarn Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Ramhorn Eject Rewind Sunder" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro SDCC 2016 Transformers Evolution SOUNDWAVE TABLET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Lancer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Microblaze Creations MBC002 Military Titans FOC Bruticus Set" on EBAY