Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed

Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed

Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 12:03pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 17,083

It was only yesterday that we got the Full Reveal of the Star Wars powered by Transformers Millenium Falcon that transforms into Han Solo and Chewbacca, and now today we have new pre-orders for the new figure.

These pre-orders come to us from various sponsor sites, and lists the combining figure at a $134.99 price point, around the same price as a Takara Masterpiece medium sized figure such as Inferno and movie Ironhide. You can find the pre-orders listed below for the sites that currently have the pre-order. The combiner is expected to arrive in June of this year.

This new figure is based on a similarly designed Millenium Falcon figure from 2006 that split apart to transform into Han Solo and Chewbacca, with Han forming the front half and Chewie the rear. That figure suffered from Gold Plastic Syndrome, which caused Chewie to fall apart. This new figure uses a different transformation scheme while still having the individual robots form the same halves of the Falcon.

Check out the pre-orders below. Are you ready for this new and exciting figure? Do you want a Battle Wookie and Han Solo? Will you be picking them up? Let us know in the comments section below!

Big Bad Toy Store - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... a_mouth_07

TFsource - https://tfsource.com/japanese/star-wars ... um-falcon/

Product Description
This mash up of Transformers and Star Wars gives the Millennium Falcon the ability to split apart and transform into Han Solo and Chewbacca robots. Robot Han can be armed with his blaster pistol while Chewbacca has his bowcaster. Mini figures of Han and Chewbacca are also included.

Product Features
Transformers meets Star Wars
Made of plastic
Transforms from Millennium Falcon into Han Solo and Chewbacca robots
Combiner figure
Includes mini figures of Han and Chewbacca

Box Contents
Han Solo robot
Blaster pistol
Chewbacca robot
Bowcaster
Mini Han Solo
Mini Chewbacca

Transformers News: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore, TFsource

Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934797)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 30th, 2018 @ 12:27pm CST
I pre-ordered mine. Gonna be an expensive early summer, but I don't think I can say no to this one
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934801)
Posted by Marcdachamp on January 30th, 2018 @ 12:52pm CST

That said, Takara did an AMAZING job on these! Han's face was the biggest problem with the original figures, so it's awesome to see they've given him something much cooler. Chewie's original face always looked okay, but this, too, is better! I may have to snag these...
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934803)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 30th, 2018 @ 12:55pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:I got the original Hasbro version as a Christmas gift back in like 2006. It wasn't the type of thing I would have asked for, but it was kind of a neat surprise. I came to like the figures, and I had them displayed for a while. They ended up in storage until Force Awakens when I decided to try my luck transforming and displaying them again. Got them into Falcon mode, but I finally had my first brush with GPS as a Transformers fan, sadly.

Your story sounds a lot like mine. It wasn't something I asked for, but I got it and it was really cool. and I think they did awesome with this seeing as how it has a different Transformation scheme and they look cooler here.

I think you should snag him up. It seems like a pretty awesome thing, and it's one of those rarer curiosity things.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934825)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 30th, 2018 @ 3:22pm CST
I want to like these, as it seems Takara has done a brilliant job on the engineering, but the faces and decos look like "mechs cozplaying as their pilots", rather than mechs that represent their pilots. It's a bit like having Gundams looking just like their pilots, complete with faction uniform, hairstyle, etc.

I'd rather have this:

Star_Wars_Art_Concept_Illustration_02_Emrah_Elmasli.jpg

Than this:

star-wars-inspired-stormtrooper-king-machine-toy.png

(Btw, has anyone noticed that it's now easier to upload pics here? Previously, the limit seemed pretty low, but I've been able to upload with aplomb. Cheers, Seibertron!)
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934828)
Posted by Rated X on January 30th, 2018 @ 3:29pm CST
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934834)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 30th, 2018 @ 3:47pm CST
Rated X wrote:At these Takara prices, the target audience is definitely adult transformers collectors who happen to like star wars. I dont see any hardcore stsr wars collectors choosing these over Black Series figures and vehicles. So with that being said, why not make them true crossovers that pay homage to both franchises ? The could have given them Transformers characters heads instead. Im sure most people would rather have that then generic robots wearing star wars masks like cosplay. Maybe a 3rd party can make new heads for these things....but that chewbacca figure cant be saved...

Although none of us here know, of course, it's been postulated that TF characters cannot be "in" the SW universe and vice versa for brand/copyright reasons. Possibly, Disney/Lucasfilm doesn't want to dilute the brand or confuse the official stories by having another franchise so intimately connecting to it. Using the TF "play pattern" is one thing, but having a story and characters crossing over isn't wanted by the rights holders.

Personally, I think that's barmy, if true. If they made more "mech" style heads for these toys, plus did repainted figs as TF versions (and if they weren't so ridiculously overpriced), then I'd buy one of each version.

In fact, they could have just made these all Headmasters, and used star wars characters turn into the heads, and also allowed us to add existing heads to customise our own.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934836)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 30th, 2018 @ 3:53pm CST

These are definitely more for star wars fans than transformers fans since they're strictly Star Wars characters and not the cross overs you keep complaining about. And Star Wars collector's would choose these over the black series vehicles simply because there are barely any black series vehicles and they're massive compared to these.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934838)
Posted by Emerje on January 30th, 2018 @ 4:02pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:

That's probably the official line, but certainly not the truth.

And considering the first round of SW TF figures were pre-Disney I think someone just really likes the idea of robot versions of the SW cast.

Emerje
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934839)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 30th, 2018 @ 4:04pm CST
Emerje wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:

That's probably the official line, but certainly not the truth.

Emerje

All of that was pre Disney though so that most likely changes things.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934843)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 30th, 2018 @ 4:30pm CST
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934854)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 30th, 2018 @ 5:33pm CST
Emerje wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:

That's probably the official line, but certainly not the truth.

Emerje

Brilliant! I wonder how apologists for the lack of TFs can get out of THAT evidence! There's also the Heroclicks style have, where there's a picture of (Luke Skywalker?) fighting Galaxy Force Optimus Prime.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934855)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 30th, 2018 @ 5:35pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't see a problem with these existing, if you don't like, don't buy. Now, as for what people think this line should be, people would still complain. Another point, all of the crossover toylines have done worked this way so far, why should this be different? Plus thus approach seems to work for some people, look at D-Max ;-)

That's true, but have the previous SW and Marvel crossover TFs been successful? In defense, the previous SW crossover figures featured pretty awful engineering, so that could be a reason moreso than the sculpts if they weren't popular.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934856)
Posted by Burn on January 30th, 2018 @ 5:36pm CST
Definitely won't be wasting my money on these things. >:oP
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934865)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 30th, 2018 @ 6:08pm CST
I have Vader coming and if it's a good figure I might consider the Falcon. The price is a big price to swallow.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934866)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 30th, 2018 @ 6:10pm CST
Burn wrote:Definitely won't be wasting my money on these things. >:oP

I'm worried that, no matter how good these are, people will be saving/spending money on all the other TFs coming out around the same time in Japan. I think Emerjie listed the boatload of other TFs coming out in April, and my bank account is going to be emptier than a haemophiliac in a room full of needless and vampires...
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934876)
Posted by shajaki on January 30th, 2018 @ 7:02pm CST
Y'know, I wasn't very interested in the original SW-TF's. This new Vader got me interested, and now seeing the Falcon, I think I'm in.

Cobotron wrote:Well! Darn.
Probably going to need to have this. :roll:

Takara, you had me at Heavily Armored Wookie Warrior.
Good you're here! I was wondering what your thoughts were on these. Good to see we've got the same mindset ;)

*Reads thread*

THANK YOU. :APPLAUSE:

Anyways. Personally, I love Star Wars, and the vehicles are some of the coolest parts of it. It's been some while since I've bought a SW figure or vehicle, so for me if the robot is REALLY disappointing then I'll just leave them in vehicle mode. I wouldn't mind having a bunch of Star Wars ships around.
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934879)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 30th, 2018 @ 7:14pm CST
i wonder if the deathstar is up next and who it will turn into :-?
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934884)
Posted by Cobotron on January 30th, 2018 @ 7:25pm CST
I'm an extremely tolerant TF fan, but I'll be the first to agree that the previous attempt of this crossover was a long trip to disapointmentsville. The Idea was sound but the execution was bad. Really bad. I didn't even mind the idea of the Organic type heads, it's just that the sculpts were atrocious.
There were two that I really liked and still have on display or still play with occasionally. Death Star Vader and a little Legends size Obi Wan. I find it really entertaining that Kenobi is off on some side quest in my Unicron Trilogy shelf. "For goodness sake! What ridiculous mission has the Counsel sent me on this time?" :lol:

But these look better to me, and I like the idea, so I'd be willing to give them a chance. The bot modes look more interesting then the old run, and these head sculpts, even though I'd like to see bigger pics, look way better to me. I trust Takara just a little more when it comes to head sculpts.

I'm fine with them turning into Star Wars characters, but I like X's idea too. It would be dope to have a Falcon that turned into Prime!

So from these tiny pictures, does Han appear to be wearing a helmet? Chewie certainly has some kind of crown or headband.

Edit: HI JAK!!!! I'm here!!! :lol: :lol:
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934888)
Posted by Deadput on January 30th, 2018 @ 8:13pm CST
Va'al wrote:
You mean Hanode Solo..?

Damn it Va'al why you go do this to me?

Although Anode's headsculpt is one of two things I actually like about her, the other is her vehicle mode, so this is not a deal breaker for me if I decide to get it.

Edit: I have the thing on preorder (Doesn't mean I can't cancel it)
Re: Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers Millenium Falcon Pre-Orders Listed (1934896)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 30th, 2018 @ 9:10pm CST
shajaki wrote:

Isn't that like using a mallet to crack open an egg, though? These Takara SWTFs are a tad pricey. Wouldn't it be better to get a really nice SW vehicle and then a TF? Failing that, if you're into Japanese style SW things, have you seen these?

sw_mr_item_img.jpg

http://tamashii.jp/special/sw/lineup_mr ... eroyalgard

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY