Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images

Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images

Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 9:56am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 15,847

Thanks to the Transformers Never Die Facebook Page we have some new images of the upcoming wave 1 figures from Takara's The Last Knight toyline. The 5 figures in wave 1 are Deluxe Bumblebee, Barricade, Berserker, and Slash, along with voyager Grimlock. The figures deco differs only slightly from their Hasbro counterparts, which have started to show up across the world. Check out the Takara packaging images, or their stickers, at least, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images

Transformers News: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images

Transformers News: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images

Transformers News: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images

Transformers News: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images

Credit(s): Transformers Never Die Facebook

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 10:22am CDT

Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877411)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2017 @ 11:22am CDT
Holy SHIT!

Its 2007 all over again with how japan is releasing the same exact toy package and all with a sticker for the japanese text. I didnt think we would get back to that. And I didnt know that meant we were seeing the final packaging at the Tokyo toy show.

Well, technically, since Takara did the engineering on these toys and its the same deco for takara, all of us who own any The last Knight figure now owns a Takara toy and vice versa.
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877416)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 26th, 2017 @ 11:37am CDT
I just don't get how Takara can be ok releasing that Bumblebee redeco. Bad enough for Hasbro but Takara who usually go the extra mile? May as well have re-released the far more beautiful AoE version where the Hasbro version was good, the Takara version even better and both far lovelier than this TLK release.
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877421)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2017 @ 12:05pm CDT

Of the previous four films, all three of the sequels were given different names from the English ones for their respective Japanese releases, but whose subheadings were all still foreign word names rendered in Katakana:

ROTF: トランスフォーマー リベンジ Toransufōmā Ribenji, "Transformers: Revenge"
DOTM:トランスフォーマー ダークサイド・ムーン Toransufōmā Dākusaido Mūn, "Transformers: Darkside Moon"
AOE:トランスフォーマー ロストエイジ Toransufōmā Rosuto Eiji, "Transformers: Lost Age"

Here, however, the title's subheading is instead rendered in Kanji (along with a の Hiragana):

トランスフォーマー最後の騎士王 Toransufōmā Saigo no Kishi-ō, which means "Transformers: The Last Knight King"

This sounds to me like it could give a bit more context as to who the titular knight is. He's not just a knight, but the king of the knights.
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877451)
Posted by Va'al on April 26th, 2017 @ 1:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Anyone else notice that the Japanese logo for the movie doesn't have any Katakana in its subheading?

ROTF: トランスフォーマー リベンジ Toransufōmā Ribenji, "Transformers: Revenge"
AOE:トランスフォーマー ロストエイジ Toransufōmā Rosuto Eiji, "Transformers: Lost Age"

I swear we've had this conversation before. :-?
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877454)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2017 @ 1:54pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

ROTF: トランスフォーマー リベンジ Toransufōmā Ribenji, "Transformers: Revenge"
AOE:トランスフォーマー ロストエイジ Toransufōmā Rosuto Eiji, "Transformers: Lost Age"

I swear we've had this conversation before. :-?
Not with me. Image
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877457)
Posted by Va'al on April 26th, 2017 @ 2:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Va'al wrote:

ROTF: トランスフォーマー リベンジ Toransufōmā Ribenji, "Transformers: Revenge"
AOE:トランスフォーマー ロストエイジ Toransufōmā Rosuto Eiji, "Transformers: Lost Age"

I swear we've had this conversation before. :-?
Not with me. Image

I swear this conversation has been had on the site before. :-?
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877582)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 27th, 2017 @ 12:51am CDT
The Planet Iacon Facebook Page has found some new images of the upcoming Limited Edition The Last Knight Voyager Prime! This version of Prime, teased about 2 weeks ago features some new paint decals, purple eyes, a purple sword, and the title "Dark Optimus Prime." This figure is available as part of a deal with advanced tickets to see the movie in Japan. Check out the images, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877586)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 27th, 2017 @ 1:39am CDT
Well dang, that looks near perfect as far as this mold goes! I'd hope there'll be a way to get him stateside, but I doubt he'll come cheap.
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877590)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 27th, 2017 @ 2:12am CDT
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877591)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 27th, 2017 @ 2:15am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:That is very nice. Reckon I can get the regular Hasbro release looking almost as nice with a bit of paint with flames provided by Toyhax/Reprolabels who I hope are working on a sticker set.

Good point, I honestly completely forgot about Reprolabels! I'll probably start painting my Prime in a couple days, I'm excited to see how accurate I can make him.
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877592)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 27th, 2017 @ 2:22am CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:

Yeah me too (when I get my figure). Hm, that Dark Optimus Prime's truck flames are much better than the ones Hasbro actually did bother do to. That might be a harder thing to 'fix'. But the robot mode shouldn't be too difficult.
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877934)
Posted by Diem on April 28th, 2017 @ 9:09am CDT
Me: Alright, I can probably skip all the recurring characters and just grab any new characters or any figures that get exemplary reviews.

Also me, noticing that Barricade comes with a 5mm-compatible truncheon: ffffffffffffffff
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1877994)
Posted by Va'al on April 28th, 2017 @ 12:06pm CDT
Via Dengeki Hobby once more, we have some new official photography of a Takara Tomy Transformers: The Last Knight (King) toyline figure: TLK-02 Deluxe Barricade! Check out the images below, and compare to our various in-hand takes of the Hasbro Decepticon toy to spot the differences - which doesn't seem many at all.

Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1878228)
Posted by RAR on April 29th, 2017 @ 3:58pm CDT
Is there any more Limited Editions (like scruffy Bumblebee and Evil Optimus ?) - I heard there was a Barricade Limited Edition (possibly Black instead of blue) - but I've yet to see it ?
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1878330)
Posted by primalxconvoy on April 30th, 2017 @ 6:38am CDT
There aren't any differences between this and the USA version because it IS the USA version. Takara slapped a few stickers on the USA/European boxes and called it a day. I just saw Barricade, BB, Grimlock, the Predator thing, etc for sale in Aeon Mall in Japan, alongside the Japanese versions of Grimlock.
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1881490)
Posted by Va'al on May 14th, 2017 @ 4:10am CDT
Via Twitter account TokuToku Scans, we have some promotional material for Japanese audiences for Transformers: The Last Knight (King), in the form of a spread featuring one steps, Turbo Changers, Legion class Optimus Prime and Bumblebees! Check out the image below, from Terebi-kun a younger readers TV magazine.

Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1882986)
Posted by Va'al on May 20th, 2017 @ 10:53am CDT
From the official Twitter account for Takara Tomy Transformers, we have news - with two images - of a limited edition TLK-EX Dark Optimus Prime, which appears to use the Voyager mold of the figure. The figure will be release in conjuction with retailer 7eleven's online service Omni7 and their advance tickets for the movie, due out in June (the listing however mentions July and the DVD category, so we may need some better translations here..). Check out the images below!

Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1882987)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 20th, 2017 @ 11:53am CDT
Better than the regular version but still missing a lot of painted areas and I'm happier with the way my custom is turning out even with my lousy paint skills. :)
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1883068)
Posted by Emerje on May 20th, 2017 @ 10:32pm CDT
Revealed? The first three regular images were uploaded to Myfigurecollection.net on 4/27. I thought they had already been posted here so I didn't say anything. Just a week or so ago I was hoping to order one off of the Omni7 site, only to find out these are only available in 7eleven stores, they're just reserved on the site. :(

The advance ticket release is 7/25 while the non-ticket release is 9/29. What's the Japanese release date, I can't find it anywhere? it's strange that the advance ticked would come out after the the movie has already been in theaters a month. People seem to think the September non-ticket release is for the BR/DVD release.

Emerje
Re: Takara The Last Knight Wave 1 In-Package Images (1883115)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on May 21st, 2017 @ 10:39am CDT
hmm I wonder if this is the legion class reference

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hero Mashers Transformers Beast Hunters Series Starscream Hasbro Kids Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Starscream Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY