Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched

Transformers News: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched

Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 9:08AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,199

Takara Tomy has launched the official website for their BeCool line, or Bot Shots for the Japanese market. As you can see these don't feature any faction symbols and have new stickers in their chest mechanism. The website features the current product line up and some fun videos for those interested. Click here to visit the website.

Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched

Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched

Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched
Credit(s): Takara Tomy, daimchoc
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1442729)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on November 28th, 2012 @ 11:47am CST
I wonder who that red Mirage is.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1442732)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 28th, 2012 @ 11:57am CST
KirbyForce1 wrote:I wonder who that red Mirage is.

Mirage ;)
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1442782)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on November 28th, 2012 @ 6:28pm CST
Oh I see! So it's supposed to be kind of like an homage to the DOTM Mirage?
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1442830)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 29th, 2012 @ 1:12am CST
I have to consider seeking out that Jetfire. :-?

I missed out on the Hasbro version in the 1980s. I missed out on Takara Tomy's "Henkei!" version, and still cannot find one MISB and with a near C-10 box. And Takara Tomy's "Gentei!" Dark Skyfire was the very first piece when I started (December 7, 2011) my collection.

And here is a nice piece of trivia. The Dutch version of Jetfire was the leader of the Autobots. Plus, when Optimus Prime was finally released, he was a mere Autobot Commander. And when the Dutch version of the Marvel comic came out, Optimus Prime was renamed Jetfire.

And it was all due to a Swedish company having camping-based cooking gear called "Optimus." :-B
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1442852)
Posted by Anonymous on November 29th, 2012 @ 5:21am CST
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1443274)
Posted by influence82 on November 30th, 2012 @ 5:14pm CST
I wish Hasbro gave us a Red Mirage/Dino Bot Shot.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1443276)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 30th, 2012 @ 5:19pm CST
KirbyForce1 wrote:Oh I see! So it's supposed to be kind of like an homage to the DOTM Mirage?

Maybe. More likely is that it homages a Pre-Transformers Diaclone release, G1 Mirage done in red.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1443485)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 1st, 2012 @ 3:07pm CST
Breakdown 2099 wrote:Maybe it's the language, or maybe it's the speech bubbles, but i've always found Japanese advertising to be one of the most entertaining!

I agree! I mean, I have to confess that this kind of thing is not entertaining to me... But also an artistic influence to the type of work I'd love to do. (Not saying what it is, but lets just say that it is not tied to the advertisement class I took at the Academy of Art University (summer class, 2007).) ;)

Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1443486)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 1st, 2012 @ 3:21pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Besides, I notice that they mention the original names on this page, and not on the new product page. This has me thinking that if Jetfire is only known as "White Jet" with this toyline (and that is me using a few translators to clarify), I may have to get it... On account that it has that reverse-Diaclone novelty going for it. :-?

The BeCool toys are sold under their generic names, like "PatCar" (Patrol car) for Prowl, "Trailer" for Optimus Prime, and "Tank" for the blue Brawl. Transformer name are used to describe the robot modes however.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Website Launched (1443524)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 1st, 2012 @ 7:37pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Thanks for the info on that. I was trying to find the proper translation for the reason behind the name. ;)^ And now I just need to see how the packaging looks. Chances are good if I like the packaging, and my preferred store sells it, I will get White Jet. :DANCE:

UPDATE: Finally viewed the packaging. It is a definite want for me.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Last Knight TLK-09 Speed Change Hound Figure F/S - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 20 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Prime PREDAKING Predacon Beast Hunters Voyager Class Figure MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 20 minutes 44 seconds
2017 Transformers Generations Walgreens Exclusive Cyberverse Battalion Jetfire - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 21 minutes 44 seconds
2015 Transformers Titans Return Soundwave & Soundblaster Decepticon, Complete! - Time Remaining: 26 days 1 hour 21 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Heroes of Cybertron Megatron Soundwave SEALED, Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 27 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Comic Book -BUMBLEBEE Target Exclusive - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 28 minutes 33 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Last Knight TLK-18 Speed Change Decepticons Berserker - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 30 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class - BUMBLEBEE Wal-Mart Exclusive Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 31 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017