Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show

Saturday, June 9th, 2018 11:46AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 13,134

Thanks to a heads up from Seibertron users westjames/notirish and Kurthy, we have news of not only new images of the previously mentioned Golden Lagoon Masterpiece Optimus Prime, but also a whole cast of new Golden Lagoon figures, including Unite Warriors Starscream, Titans Return Perceptor and Seaspray, and Power of the Primes Beachcomber!

These new figures are on display at the Tokyo Toy Show, shown off in all their gold painted excellence, and are also listed on Takara's official page and TakaraTomy Mall. According to the listings, these figures are set to come out over the course of 4 months, with Optimus coming in August at Wonderfest for 15,000 yen, Unite Warriors Starscream in October through TakaraTomy Mall for 3,800 yen, and Perceptor, Beachcomber, and Seaspray in November also through TakaraTomy Mall for 8,000 yen.

Not mentioned or shown here, but there is also a Golden Lagoon MP-36 that has been previously revealed as well.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think of them in the comments section below!

Credit(s): TakaraTomy Mall, TakaraTomy, トランスフォーマー情報局 on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964005)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 9th, 2018 @ 11:51am CDT
Will these figures crumble to DUST in a few years? :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964019)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on June 9th, 2018 @ 12:24pm CDT
I wasn't on board, but that Perceptor actually looks cool as hell.

Also. Starscream has a POTP hand?!!?!
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964020)
Posted by Randomhero on June 9th, 2018 @ 12:31pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:I wasn't on board, but that Perceptor actually looks cool as hell.

Also. Starscream has a POTP hand?!!?!

It’s the takara Unite Warriors Starscream that was part of the Grand Galvatron set
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964022)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 9th, 2018 @ 12:34pm CDT
These look pretty good. I'm only interested in the Starscream and three figure set so if the price is right, I'm down.
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964026)
Posted by shajaki on June 9th, 2018 @ 12:41pm CDT
I'm pretty sure the Gold MP-36 was confirmed to be a KO :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964043)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 9th, 2018 @ 1:41pm CDT
Looks like I've found the last piece for my SkyReign
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964072)
Posted by westjames/notirish. on June 9th, 2018 @ 3:55pm CDT
How come I wasn't awarded with a news credit for this?
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964076)
Posted by Emerje on June 9th, 2018 @ 4:05pm CDT

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964077)
Posted by Overcracker on June 9th, 2018 @ 4:14pm CDT
Way to mess with the OCD people out there Hasbro. Now they'll go crazy not having a full gold CW combiner to go with that Starscream. :lol: :APPLAUSE:

-Kanrabat- wrote:Will these figures crumble to DUST in a few years? :shock:

Good question. Probably not. The gold plastic composition was changed several years ago, so GPS is not supposed to be a thing anymore.

But who knows. Maybe when Transformers turns 50, these will be the Electro and Randy of this generation.
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964099)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 9th, 2018 @ 6:02pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Also. Starscream has a POTP hand?!!?!

But the Hand Armor is from PotP Dreadwing/Blackwing.

-Kanrabat- wrote:Will these figures crumble to DUST in a few years? :shock:

Short answer: no.
Long answer: no, as it looks be flat-colored, no metallic flake whatsoever. It's the reaction with the flakes that causes the plastic to become brittle.
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964131)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 9th, 2018 @ 10:56pm CDT
I want a Golden Powerglide now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964180)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 10th, 2018 @ 9:32am CDT
westjames/notirish. wrote:How come I wasn't awarded with a news credit for this?

Kurthy sent us links to these images before you did, so we used images from the 3 different links provided, but he sent in a submission first so he got the credit.
Emerje wrote:Looks like people have another Starscream to add to their 'Screamer combiner team.

Emerje

I'm really considering if I want a gold Screamer to go with my combiner. I think it would round out the combiner nicely with Dreadwind, Blackwing, and Blastoff.
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964197)
Posted by william-james88 on June 10th, 2018 @ 12:35pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Emerje

How much would you be willing to spend on it?
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1964265)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 10th, 2018 @ 8:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Emerje

How much would you be willing to spend on it?

I'm not sure. As is, the price is for $35 USD once converted, so I mean splurging a bit for a golden Starscream for a Starscream combiner ain't that bad. And even if I don't, I have a flea market Dragstrip minus accessories and a wheel to take the 4th limb place. But a golden Starscream would be awesome
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1966261)
Posted by shajaki on June 23rd, 2018 @ 12:20pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1967871)
Posted by Va'al on July 1st, 2018 @ 2:23am CDT
Once again via fellow Seibertronian kurthy, we have an update on the Takara Tomy exclusive Golden Lagoon figures - featuring Optimus Prime, Perceptor, Sea Spray and Beachcomber - and specifically their ordering dates for the set, which is also being released for the 35th Anniversary of the brand.

We previously knew that these figures were set to come out over the course of 4 months, with Optimus coming in August at Wonderfest for 15,000 yen, Unite Warriors Starscream in October through TakaraTomy Mall for 3,800 yen, and Perceptor, Beachcomber, and Seaspray in November also through TakaraTomy Mall for 8,000 yen. What the recent Takara Tomy tweet points out is that:

[quote]The 35th anniversary of the Golden Lagoon Mall Limited Edition 3-body set is available on the 2nd day of the week until 13:00!
The quantity and the reservation period remain low.
Because it is a set of three main characters that appeared in the spring of the Golden Lagoon, you do not miss buying! Booking ↓â†[/quote]

It is unclear at this point if they're only referring to a set inclusive of all three, and whether this negates the previous staggered release info we covered. If you find out any more details, please let the news staff know!

Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1967884)
Posted by starfish on July 1st, 2018 @ 4:00am CDT
I’m no Japanese expert, but I assume their reference to the “3-body set” is just the Seaspray / Perceptor / Beachcomber three-pack? Sounds like they’re just extending the pre-order period for that particular set.

Starscream pre-orders don’t go up until the end of July, and Prime is a con exclusive.
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1970227)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:30pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon Figures on Display at Tokyo Toy Show (1970231)
Posted by Emerje on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So, how much are we expecting Starscream to be for us Western World consumers? He's the only one I want (to repurpose as Sunstorm).

If there's an Asia release then probably $40, if not then maybe more like $50-$60 since they can't get them wholesale. He's the only one I want as well so I'm hoping for the $40 mark.

Emerje