Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス  #wf2018s

Saturday, July 28th, 2018 8:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 17,182

Following the trend of cartoon-accurate MP-XX+ releases of Masterpiece figures, we also have the reveal of MP-20+ Wheeljack coming out of Wonder Festival in Japan, coming to us via @Chohenken on Twitter!

As expected, it sports a more cartoon-accurate (and hence much more conservative) deco compared to the old MP-20, featuring a few splashes of red and green as opposed to the larger and more intricate designs on his older self. It seems that both silver and smokey clear have been subbed out in favor of a light gray for his missile launcher, face and "wings" as well. The panels on his hands also sport a far different deco of black with orange tail-lights, rather than white with red.

Finally and perhaps most noticeably, he carries a large, bulbous object with a spike on the top. This is obviously some invention of his or another from the Generation 1 cartoon, though it's not immediately apparent which one. If you recognize it, share it with your fellow board members in the Energon Pub Forums! Share any other thoughts you may have about this new deco there, as well. And as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Transformers news, including more from WonFes (like Masterpiece Hound, check it out)!!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at #ワンフェス  #wf2018s

Credit(s): @Chohenken on Twitter

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 28th, 2018 8:28pm CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974871)
Posted by Ironhidensh on July 28th, 2018 @ 8:36pm CDT
This will be my 1st purchase from the "+" line.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974876)
Posted by Shegotron on July 28th, 2018 @ 8:41pm CDT
Impressive, but I'd really like to see the vehicle mode deco.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974878)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 28th, 2018 @ 8:45pm CDT
AE221445-1042-45F0-AEAE-D1E7EFA8EE1F.jpeg
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974879)
Posted by Qwan on July 28th, 2018 @ 8:48pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Had do some quick research, but I think that device is the Wheeljack Instant Immobilizer from the G1 episode “The Immobilizer”
AE221445-1042-45F0-AEAE-D1E7EFA8EE1F.jpeg

Nice catch! I knew someone would find out fairly quick :D
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974880)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2018 @ 8:48pm CDT
AE221445-1042-45F0-AEAE-D1E7EFA8EE1F.jpeg
Which previous already came with MP Exhaust.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974891)
Posted by Relic0037 on July 28th, 2018 @ 9:20pm CDT
I knew this was coming sooner or later. Since I have the previous release, I will skip this one.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974905)
Posted by Prime Target on July 28th, 2018 @ 10:20pm CDT
Shockblast Cannon?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974928)
Posted by Bronzewolf on July 28th, 2018 @ 11:19pm CDT
Ohhhhh, it's my boy. :x :-D

I'm very tempted, but I'm perfectly happy with the real life car-accurate version, which is what I really care about with MPs anyway.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974934)
Posted by Qwan on July 29th, 2018 @ 12:06am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Ohhhhh, it's my boy. :x :-D

Hmph, it's yours and WreckerJack's fault that he can't be my boy too. We can't have three News Crew members who all idolize Wheeljack; it simply isn't right Image
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974951)
Posted by Bronzewolf on July 29th, 2018 @ 12:59am CDT
Qwan wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:Ohhhhh, it's my boy. :x :-D

I was here before EITHER of you. You can't have him. [-( ;)
Hey, I have G1 Jack, Wrecker has Prime, you could have...uh...Armada? Cyberverse? :-? We could have a holy trinity. The Knights of Wheel.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974952)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 29th, 2018 @ 1:01am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
Qwan wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:Ohhhhh, it's my boy. :x :-D

I was here before EITHER of you. You can't have him. [-( ;)
Hey, I have G1 Jack, Wrecker has Prime, you could have...uh...Armada? Cyberverse? :-? We need a holy trinity. Crusaders of 'Jack? Knights of Wheel?

Energon Downshift ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974957)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 29th, 2018 @ 1:31am CDT
unnecessary in my opinion, but great for those who've been wishing for this.

Sabrblade wrote:FINALLY!!!

He's the first one who needed the MP+ treatment before all else!

Red Alert still needs an "MP++" treatment. :))
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1974977)
Posted by Qwan on July 29th, 2018 @ 3:20am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
Qwan wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:Ohhhhh, it's my boy. :x :-D

I was here before EITHER of you. You can't have him. [-( ;)

Nah, it's just not worth it if I can't be *special*. You guys enjoy your Wheeljacks, I'll stick to Vector Prime :D

(For the record though: Animated Wheeljack.)
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1975037)
Posted by optimeow on July 29th, 2018 @ 9:24am CDT

There’s Mp-17+ Prowl too!! :D
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1975074)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2018 @ 11:04am CDT
optimeow wrote:There’s Mp-17+ Prowl too!! :D
That's old news.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1975090)
Posted by Bronzewolf on July 29th, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1975092)
Posted by william-james88 on July 29th, 2018 @ 1:23pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:I'm kinda disappointed that these + releases don't come with a super goofy sunbow faction symbol to complete the cartoon look.

Its a blessing in disguise, trust me. Did you ever see those symbols applied to a figure? They dont work in a 3d environment.

And in any case you can buy them for cheap online if you really want em.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1975217)
Posted by shajaki on July 29th, 2018 @ 9:35pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1976989)
Posted by Va'al on August 7th, 2018 @ 7:05am CDT
Also originally from Amazon Japan, and found via the Facebook group and page for TFND, we have new stock images for the recently revealed - at Wonderfest 2018 - anime / cartoon series accurate deco version of the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20+ Wheeljack, including the Anti-Hypnosis accessory included in the set, and some comparisons to previous figures released in the line.

There are more images of the robot mode in this new deco, though some vehicle shots are also included, and the Lancia and sponsor deco have disappeared (though not the number). Check them out below, and share your thoughts about this new version in the comments!

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-20+ Cartoon-Accurate Wheeljack Revealed at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s (1976995)
Posted by angtre on August 7th, 2018 @ 7:26am CDT
I'm not a huge fan of this "plus" redeco: I don't like the disappearance of the "Lancia" writing at all.

While it certainly didn't appear in the original cartoon, it's a matter of over simplification: I don't mind my Masterpieces having a little more detail than the average figure, given their cost.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY