Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail

Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail

Sunday, January 4th, 2015 8:01am CST

Category: Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,177

Great News for all our ausie fans! A fellow Seibertronian, Armentitron, has just spotted Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee at Toysrus in Mt Gravatt, Queensland, Australia. He sells for 99.99$ Australian dollars (about 80$ US).

We have a high definition gallery of MP Bumblebee as well as one for the exo suit Daniel figure it comes with, for those curious about the figure.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail

Credit(s): Armentitron

This article was last modified on Monday, January 5th, 2015 10:11am CST

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635631)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on January 4th, 2015 @ 8:53am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635632)
Posted by sol magnus on January 4th, 2015 @ 9:02am CST
What's with this Daniel Witwicky business?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635640)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 4th, 2015 @ 9:47am CST
sol magnus wrote:What's with this Daniel Witwicky business?

Ugh... Don't start that $@&# again!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635648)
Posted by sol magnus on January 4th, 2015 @ 10:20am CST
Uh...I'm sorry?

In my instructions there's a Headmasters still of Spike - not Daniel - wearing the exo-suit in vehicular mode. I just started posting here, so this might be a thing. I was just legitimately confused.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635649)
Posted by Va'al on January 4th, 2015 @ 10:23am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635650)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 4th, 2015 @ 10:26am CST
I think I'm going with bionic Chip Chase
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635652)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 4th, 2015 @ 10:33am CST
Va'al wrote:I think the conclusion of that argument is that the figure included is definitely Daniel, unless it's definitely Spike. :D

i dont see why it matters...
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635653)
Posted by sol magnus on January 4th, 2015 @ 10:35am CST

As far as the MP-21 figure is concerned, I love it. Almost as much as my MP-17 and incoming (grr..still hasn't arrived yet) MP-22.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635654)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 4th, 2015 @ 10:41am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635664)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2015 @ 11:16am CST
Kapiko Customs wrote:I wonder if they show up in US Toys'r'Us stores. I doubt that. I personally never seen Takara's masterpieces in US T'r'U! At least here in Florida.
Alas, the United States is outside of TakaraTomy's distribution jurisdiction.

sol magnus wrote:In my instructions there's a Headmasters still of Spike - not Daniel - wearing the exo-suit in vehicular mode.
That is Daniel in that Headmasters still.

It's from the episode 33, "Duel on the Asteroid", in which Daniel pilots the Exosuit to reach said asteroid to try to stop the fight between Chromedome and Sixshot.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635669)
Posted by sol magnus on January 4th, 2015 @ 11:26am CST
Desslok2201 wrote:What's flexible about the price? That's showing the exchange rate of USD to Australian. I also think it's cool to see on a Toys R Us shelf, but even if he were released here, no one would ever see him. Damn scalpers

Yeah, I guess I was thinking 99 US, where it would be 80 here. By flexibility I mean high. But, it's not. To Americans. Well, not more than they've been charging, anyway. 99 bucks is probably a lot in Australian dollars, though.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635670)
Posted by sol magnus on January 4th, 2015 @ 11:27am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Alas, the United States is outside of TakaraTomy's distribution jurisdiction.

That is Daniel in that Headmasters still.

Well, I guess it is Daniel, then!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635680)
Posted by william-james88 on January 4th, 2015 @ 11:52am CST
sol magnus wrote:Uh...I'm sorry?

It's daniel in Spike's suit. People said it was Daniel and other said it was the Spike exosuit. Both statements dont have to be mutually exclusive.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635713)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 4th, 2015 @ 1:29pm CST
Can we please stop talking about Schrodinger's Witwicky?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635724)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 4th, 2015 @ 2:03pm CST
Logically you'd expect it to be Spike, due to him and BB being in the Movie together, but actually, looking at the (crappy) head sculpt, it does look more like Daniel than Spike.

Oh, and should anyone care, this guy on tfw makes filler parts to hide the gaps in BB's forearms.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... m-fix.html
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635727)
Posted by shajaki on January 4th, 2015 @ 2:10pm CST
zodconvoy wrote:Can we please stop talking about Schrodinger's Witwicky?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635731)
Posted by megatronus on January 4th, 2015 @ 2:17pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:The box and instructions just call it Exosuite, but apparently Takara's recent Masterpiece book is very insistent on it being Daniel.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... m-fix.html

For 6.75 shipped, I'm definitely considering those forearm covers. They look pretty nice.

As far as the exosuit, I'm getting the Dr. Wu replacement heads. More expensive than what we got, but at least it means Spike/Daniel won't look like melted wax.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635743)
Posted by Burn on January 4th, 2015 @ 2:56pm CST
sol magnus wrote:In any event, I find it interesting Australian TRU stores get Takara Tomy product...and that its priced so...flexibly.

Australia has been receiving a mix of Takara Tomy and Hasbro MP's off and on since Takara Tomy MP-02 was a Target exclusive (it didn't sell too well)

TRU Australia has now taken the Masterpieces on-board exclusively. The price is about standard for them.

I shudder to think what Ultra Magnus will be when he's released here (which he will be - heads up there News Crew) given that Seekers went for around $150AU back in the day.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635750)
Posted by sol magnus on January 4th, 2015 @ 3:17pm CST
The forearms don't really bother me, since the way I pose 'Bee you can't really the empty slots. Still, I like the initiative the guy put in on it, and I like custom Masterpiece parts where applicable so I'm going to order a set.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Sighted at Australian retail (1635832)
Posted by Diem on January 4th, 2015 @ 8:06pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:The box and instructions just call it Exosuite,

Au contraire, mon amie. The box DOES say it's Spike.

"ExcelSuits no Spike mo henkei"

Roughly translated: "ExcelSuit Spike, also transforms"

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Nightbeat, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BRAINSTORM & TESLOR Figure SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class FIREDRIVE & HOT ROD Complete" on EBAY