Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 9:21pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 19,317

The news keeps on flowing right in from the Shizouka Hobby Show! Up next are yet another pair of highly anticipated Masterpiece figures, in the form of new toy accurate MP-29+ Bōei Sanbō (Defense Officer) Laserwave (Shockwave) and MP-36+ Megatron! These new figures come to us from an image provided by あると鉄火@AKG委託予定 on Twitter, which shows the 2 new repainted masterpiece figures advertised against a starry background.

While we do not have any actual figure images yet to show you, we can note immediately that Megatron now has a new toy inspired head, chest details, and red paint on the insides of his arms and legs. Also of note is that Laserwave is a much darker, anime accurate purple color this time around.

With this announcement, it appears as though a pattern is emerging: older Masterpiece figures designed to look like the toy are getting redone in cartoon styled paintwork whereas some of the newer cartoony Masterpiece figures are getting redone with toy accurate details and colorings. Interesting to see where this pattern goes from here.

Check out the image below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Bōei Sanbō Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed

Credit(s): あると鉄火@AKG委託予定 on Twitter

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 9:24pm CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958578)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Also, I'm wrong about Shockwave being toy-based. The ad says he's anime colored.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958579)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:23pm CDT

Updating as a I speak
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958581)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:25pm CDT
And there is the Megatron I have wanted.

He will be pre-ordered. As Cobo-the-wise once said, Patience does pay off
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958584)
Posted by Cobotron on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:29pm CDT
You have learned well D-Max.

In the MP-42 Cordon thread Cobotron literally JUST wrote:AWE YEAH! :DANCE: :APPLAUSE: :DANCE: :KREMZEEK:

That is AWESOME!!!!! I knew my patience would pay off. It has really been working for me and what I'm after to just wait and simmer on Masterpiece figures. I've handled Sunstreaker and he is beautiful. Glad I can have the mold more inline to my likings.

Is there an echo in here?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
PATIENCE WINS!!!!!!!!!
That Megatron looks DOPE! That was exactly what I was waiting for.
I knew I could rely on you takara. Thank you!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958585)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:29pm CDT
By some mirracle please cause the original MP-36 to go down in price ;)
Otherwise kinda digging that shockwave. I’d still prefer the lavender deco but this’d do in a pinch.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958588)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Whistle whistle whistle worriers!!!

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... led/41199/

Now I shall rejoice.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958589)
Posted by sol magnus on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:32pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958590)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:33pm CDT

I need to listen to you more often Cobo, I really should!

It's also funny because this means some of us will be pre-ordering 2 very different Megatrons at the same time in the MP line :lol: :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958591)
Posted by Cobotron on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:33pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:Toy accurate Megatron should quiet the "I hate cartoons" folk for at least a while.
Sure will!

But I don't hate cartoons. Just that one.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958594)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:39pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:It's kinda funny how we went from 0 to 4 new MP reveals in like an hour, even if we did know MP42 and MP43 were coming/had preorders for MP42. And they are seem to have killed it!

I need to listen to you more often Cobo, I really should!

[-(
No. There was 1 reveal. Repaints don't count, just like those damn kids need to get off my lawn!!! :HEADHURTS:

Just kidding (kinda), you kids can enjoy your repaints, I guess.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958595)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:40pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

I need to listen to you more often Cobo, I really should!

[-(

Just kidding (kinda), you kids can enjoy your repaints, I guess.

But that one reveal was an absolute killer wasn't it?

Still shaking. So much awesomeness in so little time
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958598)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

I need to listen to you more often Cobo, I really should!

[-(

Just kidding (kinda), you kids can enjoy your repaints, I guess.

But that one reveal was an absolute killer wasn't it?

Still shaking. So much awesomeness in so little time

It was quite good. While the MPM line anoys me for taking slots from G1, I absolutely love these MP Beasties. I'm so hoping for rhinox and Waspinator.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958600)
Posted by LevelRage on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:46pm CDT
I'd pick up that Shockwave right there instead of the last one. The darker purple just looks so much better. Hope it's a decent price though.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958604)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2018 @ 9:48pm CDT

Makes no goddam sense. The original MP was so anime accurate, it even came with those toon srtickers
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958616)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on May 9th, 2018 @ 10:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Also, I was thinking that I should pick up an MP Shockwave when they released him in a darker color. I’ll probably pick this one up.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958619)
Posted by Seibertron on May 9th, 2018 @ 10:21pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:And there is the Megatron I have wanted.

He will be pre-ordered. As Cobo-the-wise once said, Patience does pay off

I'm right there with you. While I love cartoon based Megatron's head, I really have a special place for the toy version of G1 Megatron. He has such a distinct and unique look ... I just love seeing it whether it's in artwork or as the toy. It's just damn cool.

Dark colored Shockwave is extremely welcomed.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958620)
Posted by Seibertron on May 9th, 2018 @ 10:28pm CDT

I just want to clarify this. I don't think any of us "hate the cartoons" look. Those of us who aren't fans of the flat plain panels just want the level of detailing from the toys or manga applied to the general cartoon look. Big difference there.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958622)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2018 @ 10:35pm CDT
Time to figure out a trigger crotch transformation
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958623)
Posted by Seibertron on May 9th, 2018 @ 10:37pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:So, I just looked at some Shockwave pictures, and I can’t figure out where the lavender color scheme is from. It might be my colorbindness, though. Anyone know?

Takara has had a long history with the ridiculous lavender color. While the color purple might come across occasionally as "lavender" in the cartoon from time to time, I don't think any of us actually perceive those lighter colors as being the actual colors of those figures. It's like the use of blue for comic book "accurate" black. I realized when I was reading the comics way back in the day that the colors in the book weren't accurate, just like "purple" Soundwave from the Marvel comics should have been blue. Just because Soundwave was purple in the comics doesn't mean I want a comic book "accurate" Soundwave. Please, Primus, no thank you. Takara has taken "cartoon" accuracy to an absurd level instead of a common sense level. Wish they'd snap out of it and would quit using lavender. There's no place for it. It's regular purple or dark purple, Takara.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-29+ Boei Sanbo (Defense Officer) Laserwave and MP-36+ Megatron Revealed (1958624)
Posted by Seibertron on May 9th, 2018 @ 10:38pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Time to figure out a trigger crotch transformation

Yah, I think that's the only thing missing here. I'm with you on this one, ScottyP. :D

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie MEGATRON legends class FUSION TANK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY