Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso

Saturday, August 30th, 2014 10:47am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,791

Thanks to a tip from fellow Seibertron.com user Sabrblade and the TFYuki Twitter account, we get some more comparison shots of the upcoming Takara Tomy Masterpiece Transformers Star Saber. This time it's Saber in his torso configuration for his "Battle Up!" combination with the V-Star to form Star Saber - check 'em out mirrored below!

Credit(s): TFYuki

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602831)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
I'm starting to dislike this figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602834)
Posted by DMSL on August 30th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
The more i see the more i like and want to have it.

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602835)
Posted by Desslok2201 on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
Not only am I loving this more and more with every new picture, I am starting to wonder why there are no preorders open for this yet. With every other MP, preorders have been open for months before we start to see prototype pics lime this. Is this bothering anyone else?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602836)
Posted by RhA on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
I just want the Geewun guy.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602837)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I'm starting to dislike this figure.

That is the body of the G1 original, you know that, right?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602844)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
These size comparisons are getting rediculous.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602845)
Posted by Seibertron on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:25am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:EDIT: Two more size comparison pics. This time it's Saber in his torso configuration for his "Battle Up!" combination with the V-Star to form Star Saber:

Just an FYI, we aren't going to news these because these images are getting ridiculous. These images are great for forum topic discussion, but these images shouldn't get the news feed treatment. Color images of Star Saber or new features on Star Saber are what should get news'ed next.

Thanks for sharing, Sabrblade!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602846)
Posted by Seibertron on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:28am CDT
RhA wrote:I just want the Geewun guy.

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602849)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:31am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I'm starting to dislike this figure.

That is the body of the G1 original, you know that, right?

I wasn't talking about the original. I know which is which. I'm not a stupid Transformers fan.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602851)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:36am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I'm starting to dislike this figure.

That is the body of the G1 original, you know that, right?

What about it is not to your liking? Based on when this comment appeared, I wondered if there was confusion about the V-Star being G1 or MP. Was there something in the newest prototype pics? (Just looking for clarification on the original comment, and hoping to smooth some things over. Image)
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602855)
Posted by Va'al on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:49am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Thanks for sharing, Sabrblade!

I had already posted before the decision was made, I apologise for that.

Ryan's point still stands: we will not post any further size comparisons on the front page, unless they reveal something entirely new, or it's a full-colour shot. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602868)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 30th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I'm starting to dislike this figure.

That is the body of the G1 original, you know that, right?

Want to know too? Why do you dislike the new version?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602878)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 30th, 2014 @ 1:33pm CDT
I would also like to know why you dislike it now, is it something to do with the fact its smaller then it's predecessor.

The look that it could combine with victory Leo though is decreasing with each new comparsion pic. Looks like it will just be too small to combine.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602929)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 3:53pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602931)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 30th, 2014 @ 3:59pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:The reason why I don't really like it is because, yes, it's smaller than its predecessor. Star Saber's Standard Mode is the same size as MP Prowl which I find it out of scale. The only good thing about this toy is that is has a lot more articulation than the G1 version. It really bothers me that this toy is small. I'm sorry if I have upset any of you for stating my reason. Might be best to keep the original Star Saber. :-(

As Sabrblade has said, that puts him more-or-less cartoon-accurate scale to the upcoming Wheeljack in small form.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602966)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 30th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:The reason why I don't really like it is because, yes, it's smaller than its predecessor. Star Saber's Standard Mode is the same size as MP Prowl which I find it out of scale. The only good thing about this toy is that it has a lot more articulation than the G1 version. It really bothers me that this toy is small. I'm sorry if I have upset any of you for stating my reason. Might be best to keep the original Star Saber. :-(

Don't worry about it. Your entitled to your opinion :) We only wanted to know because you didn't explain at the time, or at least that's why I wanted to know.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1602975)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 7:07pm CDT
It is not out of scale. The larger Star Saber form is bigger than the original toy:

It's only the toy's Saber form and the Brain of Courage that are smaller, and that's for the sake of show-accuracy.

In the cartoon, Saber was the same height as Perceptor, who was the same height as Wheeljack:

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1603004)
Posted by Seibertron on August 30th, 2014 @ 8:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I'm with OptimalOptimus2 on this. Saber and Yukio are too small. Star Saber combined looks awesome, and it's great that Saber is the same size as the Autobot Cars in the Masterpiece line, but some times the cartoon "scale" needs to get tossed out the window. Bumblebee should've been bigger too.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1603007)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 8:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Yukio
The brain has no personal name. It's just "Brain of Courage" (Yūki no Brain).
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Comparison Shots - Saber as Torso (1603009)
Posted by Seibertron on August 30th, 2014 @ 8:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Yukio
The brain has no personal name. It's just "Brain of Courage" (Yūki no Brain).

I'll continue to call the Brainmaster "Brain of Courage" master figures as "Yūki", "Riki", "Chie" and "Waza" despite what TFwiki says (which may be correct). Those words associated with those figures came from somewhere. Those figures have been known as those names for quite some time and it wouldn't be the first time that fan made words made the official leap such as "Generation 1", "Seekers" and other words or names.

TFwiki wrote:For years, Transformers fans have referred (and continue to refer) to the Brainmaster components of Star Saber, Blacker, Braver and Laster as "Yūki", "Riki", "Chie" and "Waza", as if they were proper names. These are, in fact, simply the Japanese words meaning "courage", "strength", "intelligence" and "skill"; the Brains do not have proper names, and are simply known as "Brain of Courage", etc.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool HEROES Transformers Rescue Bots (SERVO) Action Figure In Hand VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2012 Destro Exclusive G.I. Joe Transformers Crossover File Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Slamdance Grandslam & Raindance Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe AUTOBOT HOUND Generations -  New In Pakg . 25 Yrs. Anni." on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots Walker Cleveland & Jackhammer - Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots - Cody Burns & Rescue Axe Playskool Heroes HTF" on EBAY