Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed

Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed

Monday, June 10th, 2013 8:45am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,728

After months of waiting we finally have our first look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen. The figure is a significantly retooled version of the MP-17 Prowl mold, new vehicle front clip, new shoulders, new shoulder weapons, etc. Smokescreen is expected to release in December. Image courtesy of the CyberGundam blog below.

Re: First pictures of MP-19 Smokescreen

Here's an image of MP-17 Prowl for comparison:

Re: First pictures of MP-19 Smokescreen

Credit(s): CyberGundam

Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494068)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 10th, 2013 @ 8:47am CDT
Colorful and looks somewhat like a NASCAR stock car. Might just have to get it.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494073)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 10th, 2013 @ 8:58am CDT
Nice, more paint and more plastic. Most likely I'm a go with Smokescreen over Prowl cause he just looks like a more costly figure. But im not going to make my decession now. I have to contemplate some more.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494075)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:03am CDT
Yes! I wasn't too sure about how Smokescreen would come out, his colour scheme has potential to look really gaudy and he was never my fave looking of the 3 in the 'toon (though I still really like his G1 toy, and still wish I had one) He doesn't look gaudy at all, he looks...classic... :D

Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494076)
Posted by rpetras on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:08am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Does he have a new or re-tooled head? Can't tell from the image. But technically he should have if he wants to be cartoon accurate. Not that I mind either way :grin:

Looks different to me. :)

This is perfect IMO, nice job Takara!
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494078)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
I just noticed that the wheels are on the top of the shoulders and not behind the shoulders. I hope that doesn't mess up the figures articulation. And also since they placed the wheels on him like that it make his arm bicepe tricepe area look skinny and kind of funny looking. He has no arm robotic muscles.

I'm not going to be the one to say he is suffering a little from (s.l.s) skinny limb syndrome.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494088)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:43am CDT
rpetras wrote:

Looks different to me. :)

This is perfect IMO, nice job Takara!

I'm leaning towards thinking it is, and would really be surprised if it wasn't. The new fender and the wording on the car make him look really lovely. He could easily speed straight through an episode of Dukes of Hazard (the original show :D )
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494093)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
For convenient comparison:

Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494094)
Posted by sdn1337 on June 10th, 2013 @ 10:01am CDT
Finally! Definitely getting this one out of the three. Can't wait! :BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494115)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 10th, 2013 @ 11:10am CDT
Not sure why, but I like this mold much more as Smokescreen than Prowl. =P~
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494120)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 10th, 2013 @ 11:37am CDT
Pre-order dropped at BBTS!

because I found cheaper preorders else where!!! :grin:
can't wait to get this guy!
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494131)
Posted by euphoricallydead on June 10th, 2013 @ 12:37pm CDT
I glad the got the shoulder canons right. That feature really sets the mold apart for me.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494175)
Posted by Convoy on June 10th, 2013 @ 2:49pm CDT
As a rule I don't collect the same mold twice. But these three are looking so great I may just have to go ahead and break that rule. I've got a reissue G1 Prowl, legends Bluestreak and no Smokescreen. I've only got Ghost Starscream as my masterpiece seeker but I may need to build up my Decepticon MP army anyway if they keep releasing these fantastic molds and redecos.

I've been dragging my feet on Masterpieces waiting for deals and paying for it with my soul. Not often but sometimes I hold out too long. Not the case with Fort Max(who, in his own right, is a masterpiece but not part of the MP line) but I still need Sideswipe (and a new Sunstreaker). Happy to see Soundwave coming around again and just waiting for MP Jazz, MP Wheeljack, MP... the rest of the first season G1 cast. Don't make me list them all.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494188)
Posted by jamarmiller on June 10th, 2013 @ 3:33pm CDT
now if amazon japan will just get their pre-order up now !
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494206)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 10th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
Those shoulder launchers look supremely dorky, but it's show-accurate. I like it! The car mode is especially nice. Out of the three he might be the one that gets to stay in vehicle mode.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494207)
Posted by Stormrider on June 10th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
I really like the direction that the MP line has been going. I really dragged my feet in protest in the beginning with the re-launch of MP10 Prime. But I am glad they did. I have not been disappointed since MP10.

I like how they even retooled Smokescreen's gun. A lot of thought went into the details.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494227)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on June 10th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CDT
December????!!!!!

Damn!

We will be waiting on MP-20 for almost a year then?????
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494246)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 10th, 2013 @ 8:22pm CDT
I knew the wait was worth it. Couldn't bring myself to buy the other two knowing that Smokescreen would look so much better.......and i was right.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494298)
Posted by xyl360 on June 11th, 2013 @ 4:00am CDT
Mine
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494355)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:12am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen Revealed (1494390)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2013 @ 11:55am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I'd be interested if he were a generic deluxe from Hasbro, but I'm not paying that kind of money for completion's sake. Just owning MP Prowl's good enough for me.
He's too big to be a Deluxe. He's more of a short Voyager.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
"Welcome to 2010"
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot Vintage And Movie Series" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SWIFT THE CHEETAH BOT MiniCons" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Cyberverse Commander Movie DOTM Transformers Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Stratego Transformers Milton Bradley Board Game 2007 - 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Prequel by Ryall, Chris Paperback Book" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Leader WFC-S13 Ultra Magnus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Decepticon Stalker Scorponok NIB" on EBAY