Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images

Thursday, June 7th, 2018 3:03AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 16,377

When it was first revealed, the toy-accurate version of Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 was not much more than a somewhat blurry scan from a hobby magazine. When site sponsors started putting up pre-orders for this toy, we knew it couldn't be long before official, high quality images surfaced. And now, thanks to Takara Tomy's own website, we have 10 high quality photos of this addition to the MP ranks. They show off a very toy accurate deco, including a new face and chest piece, along with the stock and silencer from the original release of MP-36. The helmet itself appears to be the same, as one picture shows MP-36's face and chestplate attached.

One notable feature shared with the previous version version of this mold, is the inclusion of sound and voice clips by Megatron's Japanese G1 voice actor. It does not seem to include any of the other accessories that the original (toon-accurate) version has.

So what do YOU think, fellow Seibertronians? Do these pictures whet your appetite for this figure? If they do, you can use the handy links below to pre-order this bad boy. Even if you don't plan on getting him, let us know what you think!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron

Preorder him via Big Bad Toy Store here:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... ails/74810

Or via TFSource, here:
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963551)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 7th, 2018 @ 5:47am CDT
It looks great! All that silver and chrome really help gun mode, and that headsculp looks really cool. That red looks gorgeous too. If this comes with the giant sword and blaster rifle the Japanese G1 toy had, I'm sold. Too bad I can't afford it though :-(
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963557)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 7th, 2018 @ 6:34am CDT
Ugh, that is grotesque! Silver or grey, one or the other - both like that just looks awful!
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963561)
Posted by Cobotron on June 7th, 2018 @ 7:00am CDT
Oh man! I think he looks great!

Also, I think he will come with some accessories. He has an alternate head and chest in this shot.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963563)
Posted by Black Hat on June 7th, 2018 @ 7:05am CDT
Whilst I'm happy with Despotron, if I get any version of this mold it'll be that one.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963564)
Posted by kurthy on June 7th, 2018 @ 7:11am CDT

And are those stickers? I wouldn't pay $250 for stickers. :SICK:
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963571)
Posted by ScottyP on June 7th, 2018 @ 8:11am CDT
kurthy wrote:Hard pass, do not care for the toy accurate deco. The original MP-36 works just fine for me.

And are those stickers? I wouldn't pay $250 for stickers. :SICK:
Good thing you get a toy with them too
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963572)
Posted by shajaki on June 7th, 2018 @ 8:16am CDT
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Also for the sticker debate, see MP Artfire.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963579)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2018 @ 8:55am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Oh man! I think he looks great!

He's the wearing the normal non-plus MP-36 face and chest in that shot.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963584)
Posted by MagicDeath on June 7th, 2018 @ 9:08am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Oh man! I think he looks great!

He's the wearing the normal non-plus MP-36 face and chest in that shot.

They look a bit metallic. Did the previous release have metallic parts?
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963587)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on June 7th, 2018 @ 9:13am CDT
Toy accurate? But where is the crotch trigger?
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963588)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2018 @ 9:19am CDT
MagicDeath wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Oh man! I think he looks great!

He's the wearing the normal non-plus MP-36 face and chest in that shot.

They look a bit metallic. Did the previous release have metallic parts?
Good eye! They do look shinier, yes.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963592)
Posted by Lore Keeper on June 7th, 2018 @ 9:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Oh man! I think he looks great!

He's the wearing the normal non-plus MP-36 face and chest in that shot.

They look a bit metallic. Did the previous release have metallic parts?
Good eye! They do look shinier, yes.

Unless the lighting is off, the helmet part of that face is a different color than the one on MP-36. This is very cool. If this and the new Shockwave were the first versions to come out, I would have totally bought them. But, I can't drop the same money on these all over again.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963596)
Posted by shajaki on June 7th, 2018 @ 10:03am CDT
So.... :-?

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963600)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2018 @ 10:40am CDT
shajaki wrote:So.... :-?

They look different to me. It means Takara didnt copy anything. And it makessense taht they are similar since both the KO and Takara are pooling from the same source, being the G1 toy.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963604)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 7th, 2018 @ 11:04am CDT
Though I don't care to own it, this is really awesome. Can't wait to see the Prime counterpart.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963607)
Posted by hausjam on June 7th, 2018 @ 11:41am CDT
He does look awesome. But I already have MP-36 and Dynastron (who is all reprolabeled up) so I'm good.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963608)
Posted by shajaki on June 7th, 2018 @ 11:45am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
shajaki wrote:So.... :-?

I'm actually willing to bet that the KO toy face is the same and the 36+. It and the new chest are freakishly similar. These new pics are higher res and such, but are still too small to make out the finer details. On the 36+ face, there's a lot more black added which makes it difficult to confirm. Here's a better pics of the KO though.

And all the face/chest pics of 36+

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963609)
Posted by shajaki on June 7th, 2018 @ 11:51am CDT
The more I look at it, the more convinced I get they're the same. The placement of the curles on the chest are identical.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963610)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2018 @ 11:54am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36+ Masterpiece Megatron Official Images (1963612)
Posted by shajaki on June 7th, 2018 @ 12:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I could imagine someone from the KO company getting their hands on (leaked/stolen) preliminary design work for MP-36+ and getting them released in KO form ahead of the official Takara version.
My thoughts as well. Highly unlikely that TT is thieving KO pieces.
Transformers products from AMAZON