Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo

Friday, March 31st, 2017 1:26PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 26,793

Our own Cyberpath has shared with us a video demonstration of the sounds from Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron's Fusion Cannon. This will shed some light on a previous article. It appears to have three modes. One for cannon fire sounds and when the toggle switch is flipped Megatron will speak; the third position has the two transforming sounds.

The phrases are all in Japanese, but it definitely sounds just like Megatron! They are also the same as the Galvatron G1 Reissue figure, and include the following:
"Wa-ha-ha-ha, kono orokamono-me!" (Bwah ha ha ha! You fools!), "Eei, Cybertron wo hineri-tsubuse!" (Hrr--crush the Autobots!), "Kono yaku-tatazu mono ga!" (You're all useless!), "Eei, hakai shite kureru wa!" (Grrah, I'll destroy you!), and "Destron gundan, transform!" (Decepticon army, transform!)

If you would like to get a better idea of what this cannon attaches to please check out this video review article. The cannon is only one of many pieces that comes with this stunning figure. In that same article there is a gallery of MP-36 Megatron wearing his accessories in different poses so you can see what he looks like out of the packaging. On a side note the cannon will be powered by 2 LR44 batteries.

Credit(s): cyberpath, youtube.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870768)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 31st, 2017 @ 1:40pm CDT

Enjoy.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870772)
Posted by Kurona on March 31st, 2017 @ 1:51pm CDT

It's kind of depressing.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870778)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 31st, 2017 @ 2:07pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Do you ever look at one figure and think about how you don't like its aesthetic compared to the other one, and then you think about how the other figure might be better and realise you don't like it either and maybe you just don't like this design in general no matter which figure it is?

It's kind of depressing.

I totally understand where you're coming from
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870781)
Posted by william-james88 on March 31st, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT

It's kind of depressing.

The problem is that I love the megatron design, I absolutely love it! But I cannot believe how difficult it is for them to give him a fun transformation. The g1 toy has a fun transformation, they could inspire themselves from that and give him better proportions.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870783)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on March 31st, 2017 @ 2:58pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Not my picture, bUT first in hand comparison I've seen. Defiantly makes me feel a whole lot better for canceling. Also makes me realize how much I DO NOT want cartoon accuracy to be the #1 design guideline.

Enjoy.

need to see mightron and apollyon next.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870786)
Posted by Powermaster Swag on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:18pm CDT

Enjoy.

Is that a Famicom in the background? ;)^
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870787)
Posted by Randomhero on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It's kind of depressing.

Problem is-and while we don't know- it's just not possible. I'd like to believe they've tried(takara/Hasbro or 3rd parties) and it doesn't leave the design phase. MP-05 did try and it failed. There's a lot of design and transformation cues from the original and look how it turned out. It's not a alt mode that can translate into the cartoon model.

Personally I embrace any new design for Megatron. Tank, jet, bomber, helicopter etc. I've never been a fan of turning him into a gun. I like to sometimes change my stuff and display them and for me I've never liked having a bunch of jets, tanks and stuff and then this big gun. Only character I've accepted with that is a Shockwave because he literally turned into a giant gun.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870788)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:31pm CDT
Another gallery, by @GenmonTCracker --

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870790)
Posted by Kurona on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:35pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Another gallery, by @GenmonTCracker --

Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870791)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:36pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.

Well that didn't take long. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870792)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:42pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.

Well that didn't take long. :lol:

its ust confirming my choice to apollyon or mightron
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870793)
Posted by william-james88 on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:42pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.

Well that didn't take long. :lol:

The again, pics like this keep me still not sure. There are just so many parts, it looks quite messy:

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870794)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:56pm CDT

Besides, Megatron is supposed to be panely. :lol:

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870797)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 31st, 2017 @ 4:49pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:It looks pretty tidy to me, nothing really sticks out, everything is folded nice in the shape of his body. Hopefully it's as good in-hand cause he wasn't cheap.

Besides, Megatron is supposed to be panely. :lol:

The wonders of different opinions....

Even though your post was backing up 36, to me, you just proved willyj's point. :lol:

At least this thread is being civil. The 36 fans on facebook are actively atacking and bashing anyone who disagrees on the fan pages. :(
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870803)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 31st, 2017 @ 5:16pm CDT
While I don't have mine in hand yet. I can forgive his back. Could there have been an extra pannelnthe plugged in and sat over all that? Maybe.... but there's just too much robot moving around to ever have a Megs as clean as say.... Prime or Shockwave. Those saying "any non-gun" Megs is better. I agree from a playability stand point. But there is still something so iconic about the G1. With his chest making up the firing chamber of a pistol. Despite the fumbles I think Generations Silver-tank megs was a good compromise. He's simple, fun, has a lot of winks to the original.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870805)
Posted by Black Hat on March 31st, 2017 @ 5:19pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

Besides, Megatron is supposed to be panely. :lol:

The wonders of different opinions....

That's what I love about Seibertron. It's generally a pretty civil, firendly, chill place. Compared to some communities where divergent opinion will start a sh*tstorm (*cough* Allspark *cough*) or where the environment is just perpetual arguing anyway (my beloved 4chan) it's just so much more...relaxed.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870815)
Posted by Drift082111 on March 31st, 2017 @ 6:29pm CDT
Couldn't agree more BH.

I truly love all these pics of MP Megs thus far. Waiting for him to be released has been an exercise in patience. 8-) :CON:
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870827)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 31st, 2017 @ 7:36pm CDT
There's still *something* that makes me default to the MP series despite some tempting 3rd parties. But I can't quite put my finger on it. Is it a certain... delicacy with panels/plastic? Other designs seem to either be... heavier? Or less elligant. Not to derail this into a different debate. But there's just something about Megs that just "looks right" to me.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870831)
Posted by MrBlack on March 31st, 2017 @ 8:11pm CDT
So, has this made it to the thread yet? From the same guy who did the first video.

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Fusion Cannon Sounds Demo (1870837)
Posted by Cobotron on March 31st, 2017 @ 8:42pm CDT
This picture...

... SELLS IT! All the panels, and kibbles, and whatever melt away when a figure can achieve so much character and attitude in one pose.

Ironhidensh wrote:The wonders of different opinions....
At least this thread is being civil.
Music to my ears!

Black Hat wrote:That's what I love about Seibertron. It's generally a pretty civil, firendly, chill place.
SANG IT, BROTHER! :DANCE:

Seibertron 4 Life! :lol:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Heroes x6 Ratchet Jazz Frenzy Bumblebee Barricade Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer SCORN movie figure cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet Mask Kids Childrens" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Action Master Mainframe sealed" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers 5 Black Mamba Alloy Infantry Roadblock Police Car MPM05" on EBAY
Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY