Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap

Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap

Monday, October 19th, 2020 8:54am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 25,915

Greetings Seibertronians! Takara Tomy have been at their twitter account again, bringing us the promised group shot of Transformers Kingdom Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (The first wave Maximals). The two images show the assembled Maximals in both Animal mode, and robot modes. Judging from promotional images and rumours, there is still plenty of characters to join their fight against Megatron and his Predacons.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap

That's not all though, as they have also given us our best look at the collectable Golden Disk cards that accompany the figures, replacing the map fragments from Earthrise. These cards are detailed like the golden disk from the Beast Wars TV show. They feature a sticker, that when removed, show an illustration of a characters fate.

Are you picking up these beasts? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter Feed

Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084534)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 19th, 2020 @ 9:48am CDT
I really like when we get cards for the characters, but this sticker is kind of annoying. Still, I am looking forward to these figure coming out
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084537)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 19th, 2020 @ 11:21am CDT
I guess this answers the question of how tall Primal is. Looks about Ironhide height, but denser and with more accessories. I'm totally fine with that
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084538)
Posted by Overcracker on October 19th, 2020 @ 11:52am CDT
So I have a question.

What is the likelihood these get a special release with metallic paintjobs a la Telemocha TM-SP DX Convoy?

I'm not feeling Cheetor's powdery blue, and never liked Primal's white limbs.

Would rather see some metallic Blue and silver on them instead.

I hav3 them pre-ordered regardless, but I'd like something shinier.
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084539)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2020 @ 11:54am CDT
Overcracker wrote:So I have a question.

I'm not feeling Cheetor's powdery blue, and never liked Primal's white limbs.

Would rather see some metallic Blue and silver on them instead.

I hav3 them pre-ordered regardless, but I'd like something shinier.
Sounds more like something Takara would do than Hasbro, and what Takara does with their Selects line is unpredictable.
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084546)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 19th, 2020 @ 1:14pm CDT
My thoughts:
Blackarachnia: Looks alright from what I've seen, although her bosom ends up looking silly in spider mode.
Rattrap: Also looks alright.
Cheetor: Once again suffers as a result of trying to have an accurately-proportioned beast mode. He's not nearly as bad as the 2008 attempt, but it's still kinda painful. The MP gets away with it, yes, but at the price of a looooot of panel bs that you can't do on a Deluxe.
Optimus Primal: Fairly decent don't-mess-with-what's-not-broken design (unlike most CHUG toys of G1 Optimus), but slightly inferior to the Robotmasters take engineering-wise in that the swords are too big to stow in altmode and the gorilla toes don't fold up.
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084556)
Posted by Overcracker on October 19th, 2020 @ 2:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:So I have a question.

I'm not feeling Cheetor's powdery blue, and never liked Primal's white limbs.

Would rather see some metallic Blue and silver on them instead.

I hav3 them pre-ordered regardless, but I'd like something shinier.

Yes. Something Takara may be inclined to do at some point?
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084557)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 19th, 2020 @ 2:38pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Yes. Something Takara may be inclined to do at some point?

This would be very surprising if Takara won't touch any beast molds for easy repaints. Same thing for Hasbro.
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084562)
Posted by Bone Age on October 19th, 2020 @ 3:28pm CDT
Welp, this confirms for me that pre-ordering Primal and Cheetor was the right decision. The two figures look awesome together. Cool! :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL:
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084564)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 19th, 2020 @ 3:32pm CDT
-Selects Road Rage (actually was mentioned a bit ago, but I don't think anyone posted it here)
-Apparently Hasbro is planning to keep Generations as half G1 half other stuff like Kingdom is if Kingdom sells well
-Selects Packrat packaged with someone else, Pixel doesn't know who yet
-Selects Transmutate from one of the Fossilizers, which one wasn't stated
-Direct statement that non-show/toy-only repaints are on the table for Selects, T-Wrecks was mentioned as an example but not stated to be confirmed like Packrat was
-Fox Kids decos are apparently possible for Selects, but Pixel says not to count on it due to how niche they are (even though niche is pretty much the point of Selects)

Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084567)
Posted by o.supreme on October 19th, 2020 @ 3:48pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084583)
Posted by Bone Age on October 19th, 2020 @ 4:10pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:...so evidently Pixelmaster went on an absolute rampage (no, not the Predacon) yesterday in terms of info, and I'm attempting to gather up everything relevant for the good people of Seibertron to witness, so in terms of Kingdom content (although I suppose most of this would also fit in the Selects thread):
-Selects Packrat packaged with someone else, Pixel doesn't know who yet
-Selects Transmutate from one of the Fossilizers, which one wasn't stated

Thanks for collecting this information (and making a Transformers dad joke while you were at it). :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL:
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084584)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 19th, 2020 @ 4:11pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Maybe it's just semantics but... Selects should be about offering different characters (This goes both for Hasbro & TT). It may seem dumb, but when you have a straight up repaint of an existing toy with no changes to tooling whatsoever, but it is a different character, I can accept this with some chagrin. But when it is the exact same character, just in a different color, to me that is a waste. Just sharing my thoughts.

Usually, it's always a different character, or a different state of the same character. I can see Primial being repainted in red for his "flaming rage mode", a repaint Takara always do. Cheetor in black. Both are sure shots.
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084593)
Posted by Rtron on October 19th, 2020 @ 4:59pm CDT
-Selects Packrat packaged with someone else, Pixel doesn't know who yet
-Selects Transmutate from one of the Fossilizers, which one wasn't stated

I hope this means we may get a Selects Beast Wars Grimlock
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084600)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2020 @ 5:24pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:So I have a question.

I'm not feeling Cheetor's powdery blue, and never liked Primal's white limbs.

Would rather see some metallic Blue and silver on them instead.

I hav3 them pre-ordered regardless, but I'd like something shinier.

Yes. Something Takara may be inclined to do at some point?
With how "close enough" to show-accurate they're already making these toys be from the get-go in both Hasbro's and Takara's markets, I doubt Takara would bother to go back and redeco all of them even further. The reason they did so with the original molds for the Telemocha Series is because the original molds never got that full show-accurate deco treatment until then and that line was a special anniversary vintage mold reissue line, whereas Kingdom is just a standard retail current mold anniversary line.

Nemesis Primal wrote:What I find most interesting about these is that mention of Transmutate, because we got that supposed leak of the Kingdom wave breakdowns a bit ago that mentioned a Selects Transmutate and Pixel was the one who said it didn't seem right when it got posted over on TFW. Maybe it's worth a second look?
Or it could be the wave breakdown was indeed fake, and that its mentioning a few things that turned out to be true was just a coincidence of good guesses (e.g. - Road Rage is an obvious redeco option for Tracks, while Transmutate got a figure in the last BW anniversary line so it wouldn't be too farfetched to guess that we could get another one in this BW anniversary line even if it's a Fossilizer retool this time).
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084602)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 19th, 2020 @ 5:39pm CDT
I'm excited for Road Rage. I plan on getting at least two, with one going to be used as a base for a "G1" Knockout because I think it'd be fitting for Knockout to share a mold with fellow narcissist Tracks :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084606)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 19th, 2020 @ 5:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That is also highly likely, I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that the leaker confirmed a figure that was only mentioned previously in a leak that they themselves called out as fake.
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084612)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 19th, 2020 @ 6:11pm CDT
Which Predacon? There's two ;) :P :-D

Edited to use the correct "two". Originally I put "too" because of my brain being fried from dealing with phone transfer.
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084624)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 19th, 2020 @ 7:30pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Which Predacon? There's too ;) :P :-D
I had meant the Beast Wars character when I made the joke since it's Kingdom info, but I suppose that either honestly works. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084629)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 19th, 2020 @ 8:34pm CDT
Rtron wrote:I hope this means we may get a Selects Beast Wars Grimlock

I hope for this too
Re: Takara Tomy Share Group Shot Of Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Rattrap (2084644)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 19th, 2020 @ 11:48pm CDT
Pixelmaster just confirmed some interesting tidbits about 3 figures.

Commander class Rodimus Prime. Apparently he'll come with blast effects, fishing rod, will be voyager sized, but leader parts count, and his trailer will be very similar to MP09's, in addition to the fact that his chest will be able to house the Matrix.

Voyager Dinobot has perfect proportions, but will be in toy colors, not Mainframe colors.

And I'll just quote their statements about Galvatron because I don't really know how to effectively paraphrase because I have no idea what most of the statement means:
Galvatron is... weird?

His railgun (at least in early versions) looks like Lockdown's face gun and is compressed into the orange cannon (similar to MPM Megatron's fusion cannon).

The hands should be able to open for the matrix he comes with.

Galvatron himself easily beats the shit out of TR (I mean, the standard is too low to not suck), but I don't see it worth leader class. Not sure how the final version would turn out.

So it sounds like next year is the year of Matrices :lol: Though, Rodimus sounds interesting... I'll need to see in hand images, but it sounds kind of promising

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Ultra Class Thunderhowl Action Figu" on EBAY
Buy "Cup Topper Transformers The Last Knight Bumblebee + Optimus Prime Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide 2016 Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Figures by Super 7 (Wave 1 Complete) Optimus, Megatron etc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Subscription Service TFSS - COMBINER WRECKAGE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Deluxe Wreckage Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Paradron Medics Ratchet and Lifeline" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise RATCHET & LIFELINE Paradron Medics 2-Pack MISB in USA" on EBAY