Sunday, November 8th, 2020 4:51pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 30,215

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Sabrblade, has informed us that Takara Tomy have taken to Twitter again to share some new photos of the forthcoming Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron figure! Contrary to the images we last seen from Takara Tomy, these new ones show Megatron in the correct colours. While the first two photos just show Megatron on his own, the last two show a throw down between the two leaders of the Beast factions: Megatron vs Voyager Class Optimus Primal!

Check out the images below!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron

Both Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron and Voyager Class Optimus Primal are set to be released next year as part ofbthd first wave of Transformers Kingdom toys. Alongside Primal, we'll see a release of Cyclonus and alongside Megatron will be a re-release of Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime (now sporting Kingdom packaging).

What do you think of these new images? Did you breathe a sigh of relief that the colours before weren't correct? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter Feed

Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086449)
Posted by o.supreme on November 8th, 2020 @ 5:33pm CST
So... Vertebreak is not really a Fossilizer then. He cannot be taken apart, nor is he a weapon for other Transformers.... pre-order cancelled.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086450)
Posted by transformers_va on November 8th, 2020 @ 5:50pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086451)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 8th, 2020 @ 6:01pm CST
transformers_va wrote:Wow!! Wtf!! I feared that Kingdom was going to bring down the quality that we saw in Siege (especially) and Earthrise, but these things are awful!! :SICK: Why did they have to ruin such a good line of toys?

Each to their own, i think these are fantastic and I'm eagerly awaiting the coming Beast Wars
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086452)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 8th, 2020 @ 6:18pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

Yeah, same, even as someone who grew up on BW as a kid, I'm definitely most excited for the new fossilizer additions to the ranks, they all look sick; generations is finally starting to earn the 's' at the end of its name
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086453)
Posted by blackeyedprime on November 8th, 2020 @ 6:18pm CST
core class has meant to be cheap and cheerful -except ewhen paying £13 for a $10 figure. Vertebreak seems cool (and reminds me of potp slash for some reason) but going with out a fossiliser gimmick for it seems odd.
Rattrap is okay but I'm still undecided if I'm going for MP's (mostly KOS) over Kingdom as Cheetors pretty bad and Im hoping eventually one of the fossilizers gives black arachnia her show style mouthy bits otherwise I might have to wait for a RED version of her as neither spider modes work for me at the mo.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086454)
Posted by transformers_va on November 8th, 2020 @ 6:21pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

Seriously?!?, you think that OP is "fantastic"? :shock: That looks cheap as shit!
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086455)
Posted by Lore Keeper on November 8th, 2020 @ 6:30pm CST
I am loving these! There is one thing that kinda bothers me about Megatron though: his shins. They're all bent and contorted looking due to being comprised of the t-rex ankles. A simple hinge at that joint would have done wonders to fix the look. As it stands now, he looks like he's in excruciating pain.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086456)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2020 @ 6:32pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

Seriously?!?, you think that OP is "fantastic"? :shock: That looks cheap as ****!
You were expecting Masterpiece quality from a pint-sized $10 Scout class figure?
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086457)
Posted by transformers_va on November 8th, 2020 @ 6:55pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Straight to MP? That's quite a leap :lol: lol
No, but given that we've had some neat little designs in the Micromaster class, I was hoping for something better in the Core class than that junk. In the review, OP's head cover couldn't even stay closed :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086458)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 8th, 2020 @ 7:20pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Straight to MP? That's quite a leap :lol: lol

Sometimes it can, sometimes.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086459)
Posted by transformers_va on November 8th, 2020 @ 7:25pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Straight to MP? That's quite a leap :lol: lol

Sometimes it can, sometimes.
Sorry, but in 2020, I would hope HasTak could do better than "sometimes" :lol: lol
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086461)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2020 @ 7:50pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Straight to MP? That's quite a leap :lol: lol

Sometimes it can, sometimes.
Shall we write off the entire line based off one bad apple?
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086462)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 8th, 2020 @ 8:06pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Straight to MP? That's quite a leap :lol: lol

Sometimes it can, sometimes.
Shall we write off the entire line based off one bad apple?

Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086463)
Posted by transformers_va on November 8th, 2020 @ 8:40pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Straight to MP? That's quite a leap :lol: lol

Sometimes it can, sometimes.
Shall we write off the entire line based off one bad apple?
One bad apple? No. However an entire line (Kingdom) of junk kiddified toys.. perhaps?
Seriously, Siege was fantastic, Earthrise was good, but these Kingdom characters look awful in comparison
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086464)
Posted by o.supreme on November 8th, 2020 @ 8:49pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:besides lots of early-run figures are plagued by qa issues, always have been, has everyone forgotten how rough some of the figures at the beginning of earthrise were >:oP

I'm not saying Earthrise is Junk by any means, we've got a lot of great toys, but it's more than early run. More recent toys such as Arcee and Bluestreak still have QC issues.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086465)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 8th, 2020 @ 9:21pm CST
While I won't deride the entire line, I do have to admit that so far the only Kingdom figure I want is Cyclonus. I mean, I'm not saying the others aren't good, but I just don't have the urge to get them at first chance like I did with Siege and even more so with Earthrise. Personal preference, I guess. Maybe having them in hand will change that.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086466)
Posted by transformers_va on November 8th, 2020 @ 9:27pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:..the only Kingdom figure I want is Cyclonus.
I agree 100%. I'm surprised he didn't go into the SS 86 figures though. It'd seem a better fit, unless there's something about Kingdom that I've missed
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086467)
Posted by o.supreme on November 8th, 2020 @ 9:38pm CST
Why characters specifically from TF:TM are getting spread across two lines for the 35th anniversary is anybody's guess (Remember there is still Galvatron and an Earthmode UM coming in Kingdom). The prevailing fan theory is "not enough room" in one line or the other, which to me makes no sense, and I'm still not sold on. Of course while Hasbro does come up with some impressive ideas, they have had their share of headscratchers as well. I love TF:TM, but I'm not into collecting characters specifically from that movie. Still, I know hardcore fans are not going to be phased by the different look and aesthetic of the two lines (Kingdom vs SS86), after all, they've been piecemealing and upgrading their TF:TM cast together from whatever line releases a character since Classics/Generations began.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086468)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 8th, 2020 @ 9:38pm CST
transformers_va wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:..the only Kingdom figure I want is Cyclonus.
Not that I know of. May be we'll find out in the Earthrise show from Netflix. And yeah I thought he would be in SS 86 as well, same with Scourge.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron (2086469)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2020 @ 9:47pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Why characters specifically from TF:TM are getting spread across two lines for the 35th anniversary is anybody's guess
The answer was already given by one of the leakers. Hasbro wanted to celebrate both anniversaries (of TFTM and Beast Wars) at the same time.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY