Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series

Friday, March 16th, 2018 11:42am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,921

Courtesy of the official YouTube channel for Takara Tomy, we have two new clips featuring Transformers toylines, and we're starting below with the newest movieverse line from both Hasbro and Takara: the Studio Series figures!

Featuring Autobots Bumblebee, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Grimlock, and Decepticons Starscream, Crowbar, Stinger and Blackout, we get to see some stop-motion animation of their transformation, and some looks at the possible poses from the figures in the line, including leaders Grimlock and Blackout. The clip can be seen embedded below, along with a couple of screencaps from the video showing off the scale of the toys with each other!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Transformers

Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946538)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 16th, 2018 @ 12:00pm CDT
Also commebting on the Studio Series line, I tweeted this image to Seibertron on Twitter (though I haven't gotten a response), I found this on the official TF Instagram page:

Note that the mouth is left unpainted, so this might hint at a THIRD variation of an Optimus wearing Coral Blue Semi-Gloss lipstick.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946613)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 16th, 2018 @ 8:44pm CDT
Best picture in that sextuplet, number 6, he looks like he is winking at us. "you know I'm sexy, buy all of me"
So, I'm not a movie figure collector, just doesn't hit the right spots for me to pull the trigger on a purchase. I have to say though, that just like some of the other toys in this line, these are fun to look at and via reviews, see transform. So to those of you seeking to purchase, may your hunting be fruitful and your wallets deep.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946614)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 16th, 2018 @ 8:48pm CDT
...and I got notified about a comment that was about another face error despite the image NOT having to do with the post above me.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946747)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 17th, 2018 @ 8:47pm CDT
So here are my thoughts on the first two voyager class studio series figures, Starscream and Optimus Prime. Hope you enjoy!

First off, we will take a look at the packaging.

It is really quite sturdy, as well as good looking. By just holding the boxes, you can tell this line was made for collectors first, and not children. A nice and welcome change from the norm.

Then you get inside the boxes, and find not only the figure, but a nice little diorama display stand. The artwork on it depicts a seen from the movies that the figure appeared in. Starscream's is from the city battle at the end of the first movie. Prime's is from the forest fight towards the beginning of the second movie. Sure, many will find them a bit cheesy, and I myself will not use them for display, but it's still a really nice touch, and I like it.

Starscream is a hair large for his though.

Let's look at the Robot modes.

As you can see, Starscream is great. You can't tell in a picture, but this guy is super solid in n hand. All his joints are tight so he can hold a pose and stand just fine on his own. The same holds true for Prime, though he could use quite a bit more paint apps. The black hinge in the middle of his chest is honestly not as bad in hand as it looks in pictures. I also find his arms to front of semi transformation worth it.

They also have nice weapons storage on thier backs. Always a plus.

Here are a couple of comparison shots with previous versions.

In vehicle mode Starscream is, once again, the clear stand out. His design actually manages to hide his parts rather nicely for a jet mode transformer.

The underside is still a tad ugly, bit much better than the standard "legs pushed up and arms held at sides" take.

Prime turns out to be a fairly clean semi, but once again he needs more paint apps. For god's sake, Hasbro, paint the goddamm rims.

The weapons have storage points in alt mode as well.

Honestly, this whole line has knocked it out of the park for me. This is the first line of non masterpiece style figures I've been truly xcited about in several years, and I'm not even that huge of a movie fan.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946748)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 17th, 2018 @ 8:54pm CDT
Judging by bot mode height, it looks like the new Optimus is also shorter than Battle Blades. I might display Battle Blades in truck mode since his is better than Studio Series Prime (the robot modes are mostly the reverse minus the faux chest and backpack)
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946754)
Posted by william-james88 on March 17th, 2018 @ 9:15pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian Ironhidensh has bought the latest Transformers Studio Series voyagers, both Optimus Prime and Starscream, and has given us a pictorial review for both. Without further ado, here it is below and let us know if his words change your mind about wanting to own them or not or even convinve you to pay the high price they are currently going for at the Kroger family grocery stores (where they have been found). If you want to see videos showcasing the transformation of either figure, we have posted one for each toy at the end of the article.

...

First off, we will take a look at the packaging.

Starscream is a hair large for his though.

Let's look at the Robot modes.

They also have nice weapons storage on their backs. Always a plus.

Here are a couple of comparison shots with previous versions.

The weapons have storage points in alt mode as well.

...

Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946772)
Posted by Victinoko on March 17th, 2018 @ 11:49pm CDT
Prime looks nice, might actually get him. Starscream looks like an oversized KO of the DOTM screamer. Sad to me because the idea of a larger version of that mold sounds great to me! I guess I'll have to wait till I see him in person to make a decision!
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946780)
Posted by LevelRage on March 18th, 2018 @ 1:43am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946785)
Posted by budmaloney on March 18th, 2018 @ 2:50am CDT
That Starscream looks incredible, I really like when the F-22 detail pops. I think the DOTM tattoos ruined the plane look for me. Also the smaller Optimus might scale better than Evasion mode Prime. Evasion mode Prime was just huge.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946789)
Posted by DMSL on March 18th, 2018 @ 4:05am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946792)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 18th, 2018 @ 4:14am CDT
DMSL wrote:Prime doesn't look good to me. I already have two versions of the ROTF mold that i am selling and i have the MP so i don't need this. Starscream is too big compared to Prime and is basically a sized down version of the HFTD Leader with some simplifications. I have that Leader so getting this is pointless for me.

Actually it's more of an upscale of the dotm deluxe with a bit more added. Also I thought that was how the scale was supposed to work when looking at the scale charts someone posted up...
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946794)
Posted by budmaloney on March 18th, 2018 @ 4:36am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Are you perhaps referring to this charthttp://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/aoe-scale-chart-thread.966670/?

I just googled scale chart and that's the first thing that came up. But I have to admit that having real life scale in a collection would be the best. I'm wondering if anyone actually did it? Would Leader class blackout, Megatron, Starscream, and Deluxe Prime et al be accurate? Has anyone done it?
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946803)
Posted by Emerje on March 18th, 2018 @ 6:13am CDT
budmaloney wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

That's basically the point of the Studio Series line. Aside from Grimlock, which is still too small as a Leader, and a just slightly too tall Jazz, the rest of the line respects movie scale for the most part. Blackout is going to be a "short" leader that measures his height from the top of his back rather than his head to give him the same head height as Starscream, an average height Voyager. Likewise Optimus is a short Voyager to make him shorter than the Decepticons while Megatron will be a tall voyager to make him taller than Starscream and Blackout.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946807)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 18th, 2018 @ 6:57am CDT
LevelRage wrote:Would like to see a shot of that Starscream next to his leader class self, see how he compares with him. Would also sell me on him if he's big enough. Might get him anyways if not. Still unsure about Prime, he just doesn't look all to great. I do like his swords though. Still feel the HFTD voyager figure is the best representation of that form of him in that scale, with the evasion mode and tlk voyager figures at close seconds.

I'll try to do this today.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946809)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 18th, 2018 @ 7:20am CDT
Darn you ironhidesh, I know want that starscream.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946816)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 18th, 2018 @ 8:00am CDT
I'm not sure about Prime because I have so many Optimuses already. But that Starscream will be a sure buy.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946818)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 18th, 2018 @ 8:49am CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946853)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 18th, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT
All these pics make me realize how the Studio Series figure of Starscream appears to have the cleanest body proportions in its robot mode of any Movie Starscream figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946940)
Posted by rusevkdc on March 18th, 2018 @ 7:04pm CDT
Is the Studio Series Starscream the same size as the TLK Megatron Voyager? Or is it bigger than this? If it is high, could you bend his legs more so that it is up to the Megatron TLK? I'm with a translator, do not make fun :c
Re: Takara Tomy Stop-Motion Promo Video for Transformers Studio Series (1946975)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 18th, 2018 @ 9:15pm CDT
So since TRU is shutting down, do we have word of how we can get this Thundercracker? I really want him since TC is my favorite seeker and that is an awesome mold

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition One Shall Stand OneShall Fall Megatron Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Platinum Box 0630509463350 Rise Of Rodimus American Comic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on EBAY