Monday, June 29th, 2015 1:06pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 94,320

User catz on fellow fansite TFW2005 has unearthed a list of upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure line figures, though with very little information aside from the titles and codes - so feel free to take all of this as fuel for the speculation engines!

What seems to show up are a number of not-entirely-surprising possible redecos of existing figures in the line, including a new Grimlock (an addition to Gold Armour Grimlock?), One-Step Drift and Fracture, some additional Q Transformers redecos.. and the unexpected Black Shadow and Rumble and Frenzy packs. Take a look below and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

TAV30 Battle Grimlock (about 4500 yen)
TAV31 Black Shadow
TAV32 Rumble & Frenzy (about 3500 yen)
TED13 Drift
TED14 Fracture

QT32 Black Megatron
QT33 Black Convoy
QTC01H Hello Kitty Halloween Edition

Credit(s): catz on TFW2005

This article was last modified on Monday, June 29th, 2015 2:01pm CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704311)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 29th, 2015 @ 1:13pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704314)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 29th, 2015 @ 1:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Is Japan finally getting Generations Sky Shadow? If so, why not in the Legends line?

No room? They did say Legends is diverging, so...

And the TED Drift and Fracture are the One-Steps, the Deployers are in the main TAV line instead, as "Micron Shooters"
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704420)
Posted by Emerje on June 29th, 2015 @ 8:14pm CDT
Rumble and Frenzy is interesting. The price is probably with tax and too low for United Rumble and Frenzy (3,888JPY) and only a little more than two of what we call Legends class (¥3,456 taxed). Most likely it's a repaint of some Legends class figures, I doubt it's a new mold.

If it does turn out to be the United set expect some remolding to give a TAV sticker a flat surface.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704687)
Posted by Va'al on June 30th, 2015 @ 1:48pm CDT
We have seen some images from the Tokyo Toy Show of the upcoming Takara Tomy offering for Transformers Adventure TAV-21 Optimus Prime, with trailer storage and some impressive articulation - we now also have, thanks to TFYuki on Twitter, a closer, clearer shot of this good looking bot as it goes on sale tomorrow (July). Check it out below!

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704692)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:09pm CDT
Optimus does look cool. Just wish he had a Hasbro release.... :BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704694)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:19pm CDT
I agree, I don't know why we have to suffer the 5 step brick garbage, when hasbro could get their hands on this; it looks way better, would probably appeal more to kids, and it interacts with the other figures better. Or can they? Was this done in-house by TT and is thus not available for use by hasbro, TT obviously doesn't want too much of the easy brick trash, so :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704697)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:24pm CDT
I like how its posed in such an awesome way that hides the hollow legs.

I mean, its cool and I probably will get it, but the hollowness is a little disapointing. I mean, I would have paid a little bit more to have a figure without gaps. Especially from Takara.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704700)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:29pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:I like how its posed in such an awesome way that hides the hollow legs.

The hollow shins is for the trailer function of the figure when it is in truck mode. That's kind of the selling point..........trailer that can carry TAV or TED class figures. Remove the hollowness, then no can carry anything.

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704702)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:31pm CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704762)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:34pm CDT

Also, I wonder. How come Takara didnt engeneered some panels that fold up to cover the gaps? Look easy enough to do so.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704765)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:43pm CDT
quote="Hellscream9999"]
Well, I mean, isn't the trailer functional on this figure? As in you can load other figures into it; I think that that is a very acceptable reason to have hollow legs. And why is this such a major issue anyways, figures have had hollow bits for decades, sure this may be 'over the top' but this purely for functional reasons.[/quote]

fenrir72 wrote:

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.

lol. you guys.

It just floors me how much there is of TAKARA=Good, HASBRO=bad. The trailer is a selling point?? Really?

-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm sure a 3rd Party will come up with an upgrade kit made out of panels to cover the gaps. Panels that can pop on and off easely, of course.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!

Yes I agree Kanrabat, it seemed liked a simple thing to do. I mean, it's just panels. You can't see it straight on, but man...is it noticeable when you do see it.

I mean, really. I think it's fair to point out that this is a failing of the design. If there was some panels in the original design, I would not hesitate to buy this...however, as it is I really cant say this is a must buy. And guys, thats all Takara.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704768)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:49pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Well, I mean, isn't the trailer functional on this figure? As in you can load other figures into it; I think that that is a very acceptable reason to have hollow legs. And why is this such a major issue anyways, figures have had hollow bits for decades, sure this may be 'over the top' but this purely for functional reasons.

fenrir72 wrote:

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.

lol. you guys.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!

It's not which company is good or bad, it's about their offerings being good or bad, TT's optimus is awesome, hasbros only equivalent is either the deluxe (which TT is using, so) or the giant brick one; I just wanted to know why hasbro did not or could not use this figure.

As for the trailer being a feature, of course it is, it has been since G1 when kids could load up magnus, or o/p and play with them; same as rid2000, and masterpiece and cw magnus...you can say it isn't a feature, but we'd flip if it couldn't >:oP

As for the panels, they would be kinda large, where would they go, and how would they get there? Would they fold down from the bottom of the ceiling, flip around from the exterior sides?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704783)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 30th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:quote="Hellscream9999"]

fenrir72 wrote:

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.

lol. you guys.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!

But I digress. Too many of you cant see them as a real company that makes mistakes so. Whatever.[/quote]

The "Upsized" TAV version which can carry other cars not the selling point? So what makes this different from the domestic releases? Ohhh, they, the other Optimus' of the TAV line are all weenie sizes that can't "carry" any other figure when in truck mode.

If following your logic, you'd be getting an upsized "lazy" mold of Optimus for the sake of it? I'm getting this for the added interactivity and functionality not found in the other TAV Optimus'.

This has nothing to do with Tomy being good or bad :roll: . Well, the good is that it IS being released by TT for the Japan market and not by Hasbro worldwide.That was never the issue. Seems like some are just complaining or looking for issues when there is NO issue at all. Just like the posing by TFYuki over Arcee.

Just pushing the point, if the shins are whole and not hollow, how then where will you park/carry the other Autobot cars in trailer mode? Add extra folding panels? Then we'll be hearing complaints that the figure is waaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Like it or not, TT is also aiming to keep certain figures in a certain SRP. I don't need to be an engineer to figure that out and you seem to see that all TT does is make mistakes. Whatever. >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704791)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 5:32pm CDT
You might want to close the bracket around my username to fix the quote, it makes it a little difficult to read.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704800)
Posted by william-james88 on June 30th, 2015 @ 5:51pm CDT
Even recently, funpub used the Takara in house designed Tranformers Prime Breakdown mold to make their Botcon 2015 Megatron (which sucks cause its a mold everyone wanted and it's now here as simply another megatron toy and more expensive than the actual Takara product).

So there is precedent for Hasbro using a Takara designed mold but I have no examples of using it for the same line aside from the Masterpiece line (with years in delay and far from every figure accounted for). Which means that I am really not sure this cool Optimus toy will see a stateside release, and same goes with the Takara deluxe Groove.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704803)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2015 @ 6:04pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Also, Hasbro never distributed the Takara Infinity toys either. That's a whole line of Takara designed molds we will never see here and it is a very recent example.

Did you meant "Alternity"?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704810)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 6:10pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Hey Hellscream, I saw your question on whether or not Hasbro can use a mold Takara made in house and I dont know the answer. I have had that question for as long as I have been collecting. In G1, the design was all Takara and Hasbro licensed out the toys. But with Beast Wars, it was all Hasbro's idea. And they commissioned Takara to do the engineering based off their designs. Takara then made their own in house designs and Hasbro never distributed them (Korea did though, in the same way that Hasbro had licensed Takara toys for G1, which is why you can have dirt cheap Beast Wars Neo toys made in amazing Takara quality). However, Hasbro did eventually use some of those molds in later lines, like Guiledart for it

That's it exactly; I new that hellscream ;) big convoy and breakdown have been used; and that sometimes hasbro licences molds from TT, and sometimes TT licences molds from hasbro.

It really irritates me that a toy line aimed at being fun for kids continues to regurgitate crappy bricks, when vastly superior versions exist. It probably wouldn't be too expensive, hell they could even drop the electronics if they had too. This just seems to be a conscious effort, on the part of pr or the bigwigs, to make these bricks as a way to rebrand themselves, when it kinda isn't working - like a half-a$$ed publicity stunt.

Yes they sell some places - not anywhere I live though, but they aren't fun, don't have much longevity, and just kinda blow for the pricepoint of some of them.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704811)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 6:12pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Did you meant "Alternity"?

lol, I actually googled it and got a bunch of beyblade type stuff; so now I have no idea what anything means anymore :BOOM:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704820)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2015 @ 6:20pm CDT
One thing is sure, the Alternity line is Japan exclusive. My and my friend both ordered that sexy mofo. One for each of us. Pretty expensive at 80$CAN shipped (each), but WE NEED IT!

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure and Q Transformers New Listings: Black Shadow, Rumble & Frenzy, and More (1704821)
Posted by william-james88 on June 30th, 2015 @ 6:23pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Did you meant "Alternity"?

Yes, I meant Alternity. Those molds were never licensed.

I still love this very fatalist line from BBTS:

Please Note: These items are bought at retail in Japan and marked up before being sold to us - the price is high for an Alternity, but it is the only option.