Thursday, July 14th, 2016 5:47am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,839

After the finding of Starscream in the Robots in Disguise line in Canada, we also have confirmation -via Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook - on what the Transformers Adventure mystery figures we have seen solicited previously will be: TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream! The latter is probably the closest to the one we just saw from Hasbro in the Clash of the Transformers exclusive line, so feel free to speculate about the new deco in the Energon Pub - and indeed, Starscream's presence on the Robots in Disguise show here!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed

Credit(s): Loopaza Mega Store

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1805451)
Posted by Kurona on July 14th, 2016 @ 6:45am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1805455)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on July 14th, 2016 @ 7:03am CDT
Cool, I can wait for TakTom's version then.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1805456)
Posted by Allenspurs on July 14th, 2016 @ 7:17am CDT
Obvious as soon as I saw the tru robots in disguise exclusive starscream this morning
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1805458)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 14th, 2016 @ 7:22am CDT
Interesting timing.

Kurona wrote:Takara's retools are really getting impressive. They've managed to turn the Starscream mold into a circle and an oval.

ARMADA HOMAGE!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1805460)
Posted by Kurona on July 14th, 2016 @ 7:54am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Interesting timing.

ARMADA HOMAGE!

And here I was, thinking this mold couldn't get any more Starscream references if they tried.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1806319)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 17th, 2016 @ 4:00pm CDT
I cannot wait for Bisk to come out. Him and Ratchet. The vehicle mode on Ratchet still needed some more paint though
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808595)
Posted by william-james88 on July 24th, 2016 @ 1:07am CDT
Wonderfest Summer 2016 has some more Takara reveals for us, and this time we are looking at the Transformers Adventure TAV line. We now have the reveal of:

TAV 57 Hyper Surge Starscream
TAV 56 Windblade
TAV 58 Sideswipe Weaponiser in clear Plastic
TAV 56 Hyper Surge Nemesis Prime

The images also contain the upcoming figures Scorponok, Ratchet and Bisk.

Windblade and Nemesis Prime are the big reveals here since it was unknown how Takara would release the warrior Power Surge Optimus Prime mold. As it turns out, they will be releasing this warrior figure in Nemesis Prime colours, as they did with their release of the original Warrior Optimus mold. This means that, like the original mold, every main deco of this figure will be its own regional/retail exclusive: The Standard Optimus colours will be a Hasbro exclusive, the Nemesis Prime deco will be Takara Exclusive and the Clash of Transformers deco will be Toysrus exclusive. If anyone wants to know more about the Power Surge Warrior remold, feel free to check out this recent picture filled review.

Onto Windblade, the reason this toy's reveal was so anticipated was to compare it with the Hasbro release which seemed to be lacking paint applications to make it less red. The Takara one does indeed have black paint applications over the red plastic on the head (hair), hands, shoulder pads, sides and near the rotors in vehicle mode. Pictures of the Hasbro version have bee included for comparisons below. Let us know which of these you intend on picking up and if you will stick with the Hasbro version for any of these.

Hasbro version of Windblade:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808625)
Posted by primalxconvoy on July 24th, 2016 @ 7:01am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808630)
Posted by william-james88 on July 24th, 2016 @ 7:32am CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:How does this compare to Takara's LEGENDS range Windblade? If the details are the same, then perhaps I'll pick this version up as my CHUG version. I ought the Decepticon repaint (Slipstream?) of her, and wasn't really impressed by the mold (hard to stand up, bits don't really clip together well in alt mode, etc) already.

They are totally different molds, forget the details.

You can compare the two molds at your liesure:

Legends Windblade mold: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... de/3616/1/

RID Windblade mold: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... and/35828/
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808633)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 24th, 2016 @ 7:52am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808640)
Posted by Gunmetal on July 24th, 2016 @ 8:16am CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:The lack of wrists still sucks, but that is some pure-grade TAKARA WINS AGAIN on Windblade there. I might actually be tempted to buy that (though I'll still be looking for a way to articulate those wrists).

"Pure-grade"? It looks like the Hasbro figure with a purple sword to me.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808641)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 24th, 2016 @ 8:17am CDT
Gunmetal wrote:

"Pure-grade"? It looks like the Hasbro figure with a purple sword to me.

Tsk tsk. Someone isn't looking very hard it would seem.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808646)
Posted by Kurona on July 24th, 2016 @ 8:24am CDT
That paint is so much better; looks like I've got two choices for Windy now :D

Can anyone who already has the RiD Windblade mold tell me if it's better than the Generations one? Just the mold itself, ignoring the paint apps.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808648)
Posted by Gunmetal on July 24th, 2016 @ 8:28am CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Gunmetal wrote:

"Pure-grade"? It looks like the Hasbro figure with a purple sword to me.

Tsk tsk. Someone isn't looking very hard it would seem.

The pictures are right next to each other; are we not seeing the same ones?

Oh, black hands. That changes everything. :roll:

Edit: okay, now I see the dabs on the head, but that's something I could do myself and save the import costs and wait. Leader Prime it's not.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808653)
Posted by william-james88 on July 24th, 2016 @ 8:35am CDT
Kurona wrote:That paint is so much better; looks like I've got two choices for Windy now :D

It hasn't been widely released yet.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808654)
Posted by Kurona on July 24th, 2016 @ 8:36am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It hasn't been widely released yet.

Oh.
Lol.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808683)
Posted by SureShot18 on July 24th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808688)
Posted by william-james88 on July 24th, 2016 @ 10:28am CDT
SureShot18 wrote:I mean yeah Takara wins a gain but it's still not that big of a difference. I'm one of the few who thinks the Generations Windblade isn't that bad, especially when you pop off the heels and turn them around. I'll have to think about the RiD figure more. However, I really like that Nemesis Prime redeco.

Will stick with Hasbro's as well for windblade, especially with the current exchange rate.

Also, just curious, is it still a redeco if this is the first release of the mold from takara?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808692)
Posted by Kurona on July 24th, 2016 @ 10:54am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I'm tempted to coin the word 'Predeco' tbh
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV57 Hypersurge Starscream and TAV62 Starscream Confirmed (1808702)
Posted by SureShot18 on July 24th, 2016 @ 11:23am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I don't bother with the technicalities for the most part, but well it's a new deco for a mold that has already been released, although not by Takara. So between the two companies and the mold in general, I'd call it a redeco. However, in Takara's case it is brand new tooling with the very first deco for the mold. I think it just depends on your point of view.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-54 Seaspray & Lione" on EBAY