Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic

Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic

Saturday, March 7th, 2015 8:03am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,473

It may not pertain to the figures from the Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud line, but we have news from website e-Hobby that the entirety of the story accompanying the line will be released in an omnibus comic book edition, written by Makoto Wakabayashi and with art by Naoto Tsushima. The book will feature 24 pages of adapted script, and be included with any order of TFC-D01 Megatron, TFC-D02 Starscream, TFC-D03 Shockwave, or TFC-D04 Hellwarp - check out the cover art below!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic

Credit(s): e-Hobby.com

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1660113)
Posted by triKlops on March 7th, 2015 @ 9:54am CST
This is really cool that these are being collected together.
Would love to get my hands on one but i doubt i will be shelling out for one of the figs anytime soon.
Hopefully some pop up on Ebay down the line.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1660179)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 7th, 2015 @ 10:55am CST
It's cool that they're compiling all the text stories together.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1663015)
Posted by shajaki on March 15th, 2015 @ 1:13pm CDT
Beware the shiver of sharks!

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1663027)
Posted by Syn_13 on March 15th, 2015 @ 1:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image

I have just realised that, with a different head, this would make a pretty good custom IDW Roller. I might have to look into that.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1663029)
Posted by megatronus on March 15th, 2015 @ 1:32pm CDT
Are those sharks... all yours?? :shock:

So much want. Just need Hellwarp and the trifecta will be complete! =P~
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1663044)
Posted by shajaki on March 15th, 2015 @ 1:52pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Are those sharks... all yours?? :shock:

So much want. Just need Hellwarp and the trifecta will be complete! =P~
Sure are! Originally I didn't clue in, but the back wings really call back to the seeker homage Hellwarp is portraying!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680570)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2015 @ 4:24pm CDT
Japanese blogger (and possible cat enthusiast) Mangod uploaded a handful of images featuring the comic that comes with Takara's Transformers: Cloud release of Hellwarp. Of interesting note is that the one of the pages feature Generations Jhiaxus... perhaps hinting at a Takara release of the Cybertronian Empire's leader/Nova Prime's go-to mad scientist? Whatever the case, check out the preview pages below!

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680585)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 29th, 2015 @ 4:48pm CDT
Hah, Cloud Megatron is getting all DotM and that's a Soundwave in the background, possibly based on Prime Vehicon according to the blogger... with Gul as Laserbeak?

Don't tell me that Cloud made aspects of the Movie Universe leak into other Universes, that's FunPub's job :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680594)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 29th, 2015 @ 5:10pm CDT
Alright, if they end up making Soundwave out of the RiD Vehicon mold I NEED it. Easily one of my absolute favorite molds, and since my favorite character's always been Soundwave the combo is too good to miss.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680773)
Posted by Rated X on April 30th, 2015 @ 7:41am CDT
"Cloud" is just the drunken Japanese version of Shattered Glass in my opinion. I suppose you could take Cloud Roadbuster and Whirl and display them with Mech Ideas Prototype X and Project Z to have Shattered Glass Wreckers.

I bought Cloud Roadbuster to use as G1 Crosshairs and Cloud Rodimus to give FP Protector a much needed chance to display his awesome alt mode. I dont need any of the other Cloud figures. They missed a tremendous oppurtunity to do Cybershark.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680794)
Posted by shajaki on April 30th, 2015 @ 9:22am CDT
While I agree on Cybershark, I disagree on "drunken". I think they chose molds really well, and the paint jobs given were A++. And I'm not even worried about the BW homage. HasTak likes to get their monies worth out of every mold, one that requires zero retooling is a no brainer. And it might even be standard retailer.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680796)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 30th, 2015 @ 9:33am CDT
Rated X wrote:"Cloud" is just the drunken Japanese version of Shattered Glass in my opinion.

It's a more active version of FunPub's TransTech, really IMO... The somewhat open ending could lead to a sequel line, only with Deluxes. Vehicon Soundwave and Jhiaxus anyone?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680810)
Posted by megatronus on April 30th, 2015 @ 10:54am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I love the Cloud figures. I think Cloud Optimus is the best deco of that mold to date (for Prime), and the rest do really interesting things. Not to mention that the quality and paint are top-notch.

X, if they're not for you, then they're not for you. But it's nearly impossible to argue these weren't well thought out or conceived. Besides, I'm also using Cloud Roadbuster as Classics Crosshairs. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680850)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:03pm CDT
I just wish they'd redeco the Skybyte mold again and release it as Hellscream and Hellcracker, giving us a full set of "Shark Seekers".

Also, hooded Megatron is always awesome, regardless of continuity.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1680942)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 30th, 2015 @ 3:32pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I think Cloud Optimus is the best deco of that mold to date (for Prime), and the rest do really interesting things.

I second the praise of Cloud Optimus Prime. That deco is spot on for G1 cartoon accuracy enthusiasts. I switched out the black wind vane for the all red one that came with the TRU AoE Optimus two-pack (the red plastics match pretty well, if not absolutely perfectly). Add in the blaster and energon axe from Generations Orion Pax, and you have yourself a beautiful G1-Classics Prime.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1681175)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2015 @ 10:36am CDT

No, not the second Classics line from 2008. That was the second line to be called "Transformers: Universe". No, I'm speaking of the first line to be called "Transformers: Universe", which came out in 2003 and was nothing but funky redeco of older molds. 8-}

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1681177)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 1st, 2015 @ 10:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Sometimes as new characters to boot. Look at Frostbite, Reptillion, Razorclaw, King Atlas, Stockade and Magna Stampede ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Story Released as 24-Page Comic (1682772)
Posted by ScottyP on May 6th, 2015 @ 11:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, you should have seen what Hasbro did with the mass retail Transformers: Universe line back in 2003-2006.

Were these mass retail releases a la Universe 1.0 I'd have bought all of them in a heartbeat.

I love this comparison. Granted, I like the figures, I'm just now imagining a drunk Japanese man with an airbrush repainting his toys in bonkers ways. Optimus and Brawn aren't super different-y because he passed out too soon. He was in a dark place the night Hellwarp got done. Did shrooms and read MTMTE and then boom, Cloud Rodimus. Yep, that's definitely what happened, and I'm glad you pointed this out :grin:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY