Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images!

Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images!

Monday, July 9th, 2018 1:05pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 14,822

Thanks to Snakas Blog, as well as Seibertronians westjames/notirish and our own ScottyP, we now have brand new images of the Takara Tomy's latest Encore announced release of Unicron. It is, indeed, based on the "Unicron of Light" combined form that the Minicon race took in order to battle Unicron himself in the last couple of episodes of the Armada cartoon. Around the time that series was concluding, there was a Lucky Draw contest in Japan, with the prize being a redeco of Unicron in shades of jade green, and limited to a reported 10 figures in total. If you're lucky enough to have one of those figures, it's value is safe- Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type) has been redone in shades of emerald green, with extensive use of translucent plastic, giving him a deco much more cartoon accurate than the Lucky Draw Unicron. As can be seen from the photos below, he includes all the functionality and gimmicks of the only planet-former Unicron mold to date, including his chest and leg missiles, as well as his minion, Dead End.

What do you think of this Encore release? Does this reveal of the color scheme make a purchase is the figure more likely for you? Let us know in the comments below?

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images!

Credit(s): Snakas Blog

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969698)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 9th, 2018 @ 1:16pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969712)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 9th, 2018 @ 1:50pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I guess someone out there must have wanted this for Takara to produce it? Just seems like a big, expensive, shelf-space-wasting oddity to me. Unless there's someone who really wants another redeco of the Unicron mold and doesn't mind that this one looks quite monotone in comparison to the others just to reference an episode in which this isn't even Unicron himself. Okidoki.

Yo.

>:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969716)
Posted by LevelRage on July 9th, 2018 @ 1:55pm CDT
Wow, that looks. Might actually pick this up, so long as it's not too expensive.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969719)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:00pm CDT
Of course I'm gonna skip this. I already have two Unicrons. The original, and the "Amazon" one. Still, this one look pretty boss.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969720)
Posted by REX-203 on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:02pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Yo.

>:oP

I want it! :x
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969722)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CDT
Hm ok. Guess there are some folk who like huge transformers that look like they are made of snot or slime or green jelly. Weird. I don't get it at all. Well, enjoy!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969727)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:20pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969731)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:26pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:i kind of like it, looks like something out of ghostbusters. Might skip it though as I'm waiting for a bigger Unicron and never got the repaints (even tho I would have liked to) whilst having the Armada version and not being able to justify the spends.

I wouldn't say no to the black unicron from energon. I hear ya on the bigger unicron, it all depends on how hasbro lab pans out.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969734)
Posted by Kyleor on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:27pm CDT
So is it releasing on St Patrick's day?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969737)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:37pm CDT
I think the reason for it is that the original Lucky Draw version was considered extremely rare (I think only 10 of them made, could be wrong) and thus put it as a "rare" figure that a lot of collectors wanted (due to it being friggin' expensive due to insane rarity).

By putting this out there, they are scratching that collector itch for something that we would not have wanted if it had originally been a general release. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unicron_of_Light
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969740)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:49pm CDT
REX-203 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Yo.

>:oP

I want it! :x

I think the people who are like "Blar its just a monotone unicron!" Dont get how heavy this release is. I cant think of another time something as exclusive as a lucky draw was remade for, essentially, main line retail. Not to mention how import this is to the Armada/Micron legends toyline this is.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969743)
Posted by megatronus on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:56pm CDT
I hope this is one of those "let's get a lucky-draw-style redeco out to fans before the new mold for this character is revealed" situations.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969745)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:07pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
REX-203 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Yo.

>:oP

I want it! :x

Bingo.

I rate this post 5 out of 5 Michael Bays.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969746)
Posted by DISCHARGE on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:08pm CDT
:HALUC: ..So green
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969747)
Posted by Amelie on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:08pm CDT
This isn't for me, but I can see anyone that is hardcore into their Unicron Trilogy being into this. I also think its a much better colour scheme than the original "Lucky Draw" version of the figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969748)
Posted by Emerje on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:20pm CDT
Emerje wrote:As for Unicron, considering the the last two Encores (God Fire Convoy and MW Optimus Prime) there's really no way it's just going to be a reissue of the Lucky Draw figure. Expect something painfully screen accurate, entirely neon green, maybe not even clear plastic (it wasn't clear in the cartoon), and no painted details. If Takara Tomy is dedicated to cartoon accurate reissues then that's what we should expect.

Close enough. >:oP I'm going to need a taller Armada shelf...

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969749)
Posted by Burn on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:23pm CDT
I'm in!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969752)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:37pm CDT
Those colors are awesome. I don't think it would be easy to get a hold of one but that is okay, I have a love/hate relationship with clear plastic anyways.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969753)
Posted by megatronus on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:37pm CDT
Burn wrote:I'm in!

Who invited this guy?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Unicron (Micron Combine Type Color) New Images! (1969757)
Posted by Burn on July 9th, 2018 @ 4:00pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Burn wrote:I'm in!

Who invited this guy?

I go wherever I want, whenever I want. [-(

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Lot Transformers Rescue Bots Blades, Heatwave, And Blurr Plus Race Car" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME (BUMBLEBEE)  ENERGON ARMOR - CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CYBERVERSE Autobot Lot! OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, RACK N RUIN++" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Transformers Bumble Spud Playskool Bumblebee 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BUMBLEBEE 12" Action Figure NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE Bumblebee DELUXE CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME Megatron Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE Bumblebee Optimus Prime DELUXE CLASS Maccadam BAF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Bumblebee 10-inch Action Figure" on EBAY