Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 7:58am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,223

Site sponsor TFsource has listed pre-orders for Takara Tomy version of the Generations Triplechangers TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing. No images yet, and the news thumbnail is a placeholder of course, but we can expect them to have tweaked decos and lines signature shiny paint. We'll update then images become available. Pre-order link below:

Now up for preorder: TG21 Springer & TG22 Blitzwing! Set for an August release, preorder yours at TFsource here:

Transformers Generations Japan - TG21 Fall of Cybertron – Springer
Transformers Generations Japan - TG22 Fall of Cybertron - Blitzwing

Also updated photos of GTR-03 Megatron
Transformers GT - Super GT - GTR-03 Megatron

And MP-17 & MP-18
MP-17 - Masterpiece Prowl
MP-18 - Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak)

Credit(s): TFsource

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 8:16am CST

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469653)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 6th, 2013 @ 8:16am CST
im really curious to see what takaras paint jobs look like. i was blown away with the hasbro ones. i con only imagine what these look like.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469678)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:24am CST
Expecting shininess. =P~
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469690)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:48am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469719)
Posted by xyl360 on March 6th, 2013 @ 11:58am CST
Mkall wrote:They had already nailed the paint jobs with the Generations versions, so I'm probably just going to stick with those.

Sure they did in the promo pics and the likely hand painted versions at the show, but that doesn't mean they'll look as good in hand (speaking from past experience of owning both versions of pretty much every CHUG etc. figure I've got) but I'd bet money they won't look as good as Takara's do in the end.

No more Hasbro for me, Takara all the way. If I'm paying a higher price anyway, I might as well save myself the trouble of trying to customize them in order to be satisfied with the paint job. Still, I suppose those color schemes would be pretty hard to mess up, so I'm sure Hasbro's versions will be adequate for most.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469740)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2013 @ 12:36pm CST
xyl360 wrote:

I'm not so sure on this one. The figures at SDCC were most likely the final release figures given how close they are to release. I believe we saw Springer in package there. As much as I want to go your route and do Takara only, I just don't have the budget I once had for that type of spending, what with all the cool 3rd party stuff now wanting my attention.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469805)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 6th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CST
Anyone else notice they're labeled Fall of Cybertron, despite not sharing the same aesthetic features?

I'm fairly pleased with how Hasbro's Springer and Blitzwing turn out. But, for those who favor show-accuracy (like myself) over toy-accuracy, I think Takara will nail Blitzwing the best. The purple/khaki on the Hasbro version seems more accurate to his original toy, wheras the Takara will probably come with a lighter shade of purple/khaki.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469810)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on March 6th, 2013 @ 3:39pm CST
I have a feeling that only difference will be the price!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469814)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on March 6th, 2013 @ 3:48pm CST
I have a feeling that only difference will be the price!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469884)
Posted by xyl360 on March 6th, 2013 @ 7:51pm CST
Kapiko Customs wrote:I have a feeling that only difference will be the price!

That hasn't been the case with any other figure so far, so I don't expect these to be any exception to that. I think Takara will as always use more/metallic paint and/or at least slightly different plastic coloring for parts of the figures or the entire figures.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469886)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on March 6th, 2013 @ 7:56pm CST
Well, let's hope I'm wrong and extra money will make it worth!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469890)
Posted by xyl360 on March 6th, 2013 @ 8:09pm CST
Kapiko Customs wrote:Well, let's hope I'm wrong and extra money will make it worth!

Hey, I hope you're right honestly. I hate that every collector not willing/not able to shell out the extra cash for imports frequently gets a figure with less paint and uglier plastics.

It would be a refreshing change if they didn't for once.

Hell, if that were the case, I might switch back to buying some Hasbro products again. As it is now, I've decided I want the best regardless of cost, and history has shown (especially recently) that that means importing from Takara.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1469986)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on March 7th, 2013 @ 6:32am CST
Agreed!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1470003)
Posted by Springer2814 on March 7th, 2013 @ 7:44am CST
Preordered Takara Springer from BBTS
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1470152)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 7th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CST
So I can pay [url=http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22609&mode=retail]45 bucks for two of the domestic versions... or sixty bucks for one. Yeah.... not a chance in HELL. Hasbro for me, please.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1470155)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 7th, 2013 @ 7:28pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:So I can pay 45 bucks for two of the domestic versions... or sixty bucks for one. Yeah.... not a chance in HELL. Hasbro for me, please.

Fixed the URL link for ya. You're welcome.

In their defense, that is the preorder price. They usually drop down after they get confirmation on the real deal.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1470165)
Posted by Mkall on March 7th, 2013 @ 8:22pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

Fixed the URL link for ya. You're welcome.

Not really with BBTS and Takara stuff. 60 is about what a TakaraTomy Voyager fig goes for.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1470166)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 7th, 2013 @ 8:27pm CST
Mkall wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Fixed the URL link for ya. You're welcome.

Oh, seriously? Well hot damn, I take back what I said then..
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1470173)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 7th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CST
Unless it's coming out of my pocket, people can pay however much for their figures. Makes you happy? Go for it, i say!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1470782)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 10th, 2013 @ 10:32am CDT
If people wanna pay that, then sure. Me? Still not a chance in hell.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing Listed (1471731)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 14th, 2013 @ 12:20pm CDT
I really hope these two will be smallish voyagers. If they are the size of FOC Soundwave I'm not sure they will replace my Springers on my shelf. I will get them both either way. Now if only Takara can show us some actual product images to help us decide which to go for.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AUTOBOT TRUCK DIECAST 1:32 JADA HOLLYWOOD NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY