Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update

Monday, June 3rd, 2013 9:07AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,772

Takara Tomy have updated their Transformers Go! website with nice clear images of the upcoming Autobot combiner teams. The Samurai team of Kenzan, Jinbu, and Ganou are shown in all three of their combined modes. The Ninja team of Gekisomaru, Hishomaru, and Sensuimaru are only shown in one of combined form, with the other two to be revealed later.

The banner image shows the two human children characters holding Generations Data Discs, which will be known as "Legendisks" in the animation. From what we know of the Transformers Go! plot the Predacons can be sealed away in these "Legendisks", so they will likely be seen in the animation as a capture device. The two combiner teams were left on Earth to track down the remaining Predacons with the help of their human companions.

Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update

Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update
Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492348)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 3rd, 2013 @ 9:41am CDT
As I've said before, the combination of Officer Barbrady on top, Jimbo as the abdomen, and Hot Spice on the bottom just looks straight up ungainly. I think the combination with Hot Spice up top, Officer Barbrady as the abdomen, and Jimbo as the legs is the strongest of the three combinations (visually).

I'm digging the first combination of Simba, Tweedy, and Jaws the Derpy Shark. I'm looking forward to seeing their other combinations.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492351)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 3rd, 2013 @ 10:04am CDT
Ok, so GoKenzan is "Technique", GoJinbu is "speed", GoGan'ou is "Power" and GoGekisou is "Land". But the Kanji used don't really add up...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492354)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 3rd, 2013 @ 10:36am CDT

On the bright side, I won't feel compelled to import these.

The cartoon around the robots looks intriguing, though. I just hope it isn't too kiddy-themed. The visual style is very... B-daman? Monsu-o? I don't really keep up with those toys/animes. It's rather odd that Takara is choosing to mimic them so closely (visual style-wise, at least).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492357)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 3rd, 2013 @ 10:45am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I think the combination with Hot Spice up top, Officer Barbrady as the abdomen, and Jimbo as the legs is the strongest of the three combinations (visually).

I dunno. To me it looks like he forgot to put on trousers.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492360)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 3rd, 2013 @ 11:17am CDT
Not a big fan of this style of combiner. The gesalts are just too awkward.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492361)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 3rd, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:The more I see, the less I like. They remind me of how leggy the Energon deluxes were. I just can't get into a TF with a small torso and long legs (engineered for combinations, obviously). Call me old fashioned, but the G1 combiners looked better than these...

On the bright side, I won't feel compelled to import these.

I don't know. As much as I love Devastator, he needed a lot of kibble to combine and due to the nature of the combination, he couldn't move at all in most areas.

The Scramble City combiners were awesome and probably the best in terms of overall presentation. Plus being able to switch the lims is a nice touch.

At the very least, this is nowhere near as lazy as the Power Core Combiners or that Supreme Movie Devastator.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492362)
Posted by StryderPrime on June 3rd, 2013 @ 11:50am CDT
I think they should had did the Rail Racer concept only and not both the Rail Racer and Energon line gimmick.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492369)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 3rd, 2013 @ 12:54pm CDT
yeah these combiners are pretty damn ugly.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492371)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 3rd, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
About those "Legendisks":

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492381)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 3rd, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:yeah these combiners are pretty damn ugly.

Thank you, and by the looks of this lame tv series looks like Beyblade meets Transformers. :SICK: :VEHI:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492385)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 3rd, 2013 @ 2:20pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:yeah these combiners are pretty damn ugly.

Transformers: Animated, Japan style? :michaelbay:

Speaking of which, it looks like each combo has a title:

GoGekisou = "Cubed Combo of the Land"
GoKenzan = "Cubed Combo of Skill"
GoJinbu = "Cubed Combo of Speed"
GoGan'ou = "Cubed Combo of Power"
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492416)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 3rd, 2013 @ 4:32pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Speaking of which, it looks like each combo has a title:

GoGekisou = "Cubed Combo of the Land"
GoKenzan = "Cubed Combo of Skill"
GoJinbu = "Cubed Combo of Speed"
GoGan'ou = "Cubed Combo of Power"
Oy. Hope there's a better way to word those mouthfuls.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492425)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 3rd, 2013 @ 4:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Speaking of which, it looks like each combo has a title:

GoGekisou = "Cubed Combo of the Land"
GoKenzan = "Cubed Combo of Skill"
GoJinbu = "Cubed Combo of Speed"
GoGan'ou = "Cubed Combo of Power"
Oy. Hope there's a better way to word those mouthfuls.

Still better than "Combination to the Third Power of such-and-such" :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492431)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 3rd, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Speaking of which, it looks like each combo has a title:

GoGekisou = "Cubed Combo of the Land"
GoKenzan = "Cubed Combo of Skill"
GoJinbu = "Cubed Combo of Speed"
GoGan'ou = "Cubed Combo of Power"
Oy. Hope there's a better way to word those mouthfuls.

Still better than "Combination to the Third Power of such-and-such" :lol:
I'm still not much a fan of "cubed" given its many connotations not related to exponential power.

I get it, it just feels... "eh" to me. :|
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492444)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 3rd, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
I'm betting Go-Hishō will represent "the Air/Sky" and Go-Sensui "the Sea".

EDIT:

Also, Japanese Wikipedia refers to each team as "Swordbots".

I.E. - "Swordbot Samurai Team" and "Swordbot Shinobi Team"

Also, is the Shinobi Team's human ally named "Tobio Fūma"?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492653)
Posted by noctorro on June 4th, 2013 @ 1:42pm CDT
Weird, the middle dude is always pretty useless. Like Railracer.

Either make one guy the left upper body, other right upper body or just Energon powerlink guys.

Some of the individual bot modes to look good. But not to crazy about the so called combiners. They have to be at least 4 bots to be called a combiner in mah book. The rest is just powerlinking. Armada Optimus+Jetfire+Overload wasn't a combiner as well. But that still looked a hell of a lot more balanced than one of these guys.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1492656)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 4th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
noctorro wrote:They have to be at least 4 bots to be called a combiner in mah book.

So... Rail Racer is no combiner? Nor Omega Prime? And neither is G1 Road Caesar? or any of the Beast Wars ones?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1493275)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 6th, 2013 @ 7:58pm CDT

As Shockwave or any Vulcan would say, your logic is flawed.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1553656)
Posted by Powermaster Prime on February 26th, 2014 @ 7:56am CST
Which reminds me of Digimon battle Fusion combiner? Oh my
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Website Update (1553658)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:15am CST
Powermaster Prime wrote:Which reminds me of Digimon battle Fusion combiner? Oh my
Who are you talking to?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Valvotron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS REVEAL THE SHIELD LASER OPTIMUS PRIME WITH MATRIX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2010 Generation 2 Redux Shattered Glass Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "*NIB* Transformers Generations Sergeant Kup Deluxe Class *NIB*" on EBAY
Buy "*NIB* Transformers Universe Generation 1 Series Ratchet Deluxe Class *NIB*" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TCG Wave 4 (Siege 2) General Optimus Prime + Cptn Astrotrain + More" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations SIEGE Micromasters LASERBEAK & RAVAGE 2" Figure Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30th Anniversary Voyager Class RHINOX figure" on EBAY