Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Friday, January 5th, 2018 3:09am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,221

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have news of another instalment in the unnecessary continuation of the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends manga, as uploaded online to their website, with more unnecessary depictions of female characters, and even further unnecessary interactions with said characters after the introduction of the LG57 Octone/Octane chapter.

The issue seems to be marketed as a Christmas special (as per the title), though the official Twitter account does mention a delay in publication, and is numbered as the #48 in the series, and features the likes of Targetmaster Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr, plus God Ginrai, a scourge of Scourges, with appearances from Wheelie, Perceptor, Minerva, and others too.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online

Credit(s): Takara Tomy


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929920)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 5th, 2018 @ 3:13am CST
Who's the cat girl? I'm somewhat familiar with the Japanese transformers but I don't recognise her at all.

@Primalxconvoy thanks for the reply, it's interesting then that they are persisting in this direction despite customers not liking it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929923)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 5th, 2018 @ 3:28am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Who's the cat girl? I'm somewhat familiar with the Japanese transformers but I don't recognise her at all.

@Primalxconvoy thanks for the reply, it's interesting then that they are persisting in this direction despite customers not liking it.


I think that's White Leo's wife? Wasn't she depicted a while back in his comic? I was about to state that I wanted a figure of her to get made (Lots of time for BBs, as I've got some mint boxed Japanese ones) but then Sikomofo had to go "waifu" her up, and Arcee too.

As for fans not liking it, my impromtu survey wasn't exactly thorough. It would be great for someone with better Japanese skills to interview Sakamoto or some of the suits at Takara to see why they choose this direction.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929924)
Posted by Bronzewolf on January 5th, 2018 @ 3:33am CST
Have I mentioned I really hate these? I really hate these.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929931)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:02am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:@Primalxconvoy thanks for the reply, it's interesting then that they are persisting in this direction despite customers not liking it.

Vocal minority vs silent majority. Just because a few people on here say they don't like it and one guy asked his friends what they thought is not a direct indication of what the fandom at large wants.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929932)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:09am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:@Primalxconvoy thanks for the reply, it's interesting then that they are persisting in this direction despite customers not liking it.

Vocal minority vs silent majority. Just because a few people on here say they don't like it and one guy asked his friends what they thought is not a direct indication of what the fandom at large wants.


I already stated that it wasn't indicative of everyone in Japan, but colleagues, friends and others I've spoken to in Japan seemed to agree that it wasn't appropriate. I had similar conversations some time ago with other Japanese about Kiss Players.

Also, there is no evidence to back up your claims of a "silent majority". I've taken the trouble to do (albeit circumstantial) research into this.

Where is the evidence or research to back your claims?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929933)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:18am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:@Primalxconvoy thanks for the reply, it's interesting then that they are persisting in this direction despite customers not liking it.

Vocal minority vs silent majority. Just because a few people on here say they don't like it and one guy asked his friends what they thought is not a direct indication of what the fandom at large wants.


I already stated that it wasn't indicative of everyone in Japan, but colleagues, friends and others I've spoken to in Japan seemed to agree that it wasn't appropriate. I had similar conversations some time ago with other Japanese about Kiss Players.

Also, there is no evidence to back up your claims of a "silent majority". I've taken the trouble to do (albeit circumstantial) research into this.

Where is the evidence or research to back your claims?

You don't need to do "research" you just need common sense. There are hundreds of people that visit this site yet only about 10-15 users at most actually comment expressing their dislike. If there were loads of comments from different people saying that they didn't like it then that's a different story.

If you want to take the fandom at large then clearly there's a silent majority because the comics are still being made. That's all the evidence anyone needs. It's not like Takara is saying "fuck the fans let's keep doing what they hate" they're obviously getting enough support, or not getting substantial backlash for them to consider changing the content of the comics.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929934)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:22am CST
Thanks for the link to the new online comic, it is nice to stay up to date with these. :D
But I do have to say, even though I do enjoy the art of these comics (mangas), and have defended them before, reading all the comments about them, I have to also question why they continue to make them.
If fans (well most fans since I do like them) don't like these comics why are they being forced down their throats? :???:
Unlike the Kiss Players, which you could ignore, this is like a main line, and for a collector includes a more desirable version of a figure over the Hasbro counterpart.
And yes it does state that these figures are for ages 15+, but that doesn't mean that the figures need to have material included with them, that has very "questionable" art. If I am right Masterpiece figures are intended for Adult Collectors and they don't come with anything like this.
Sure for someone like me, if I got an instruction sheet with a comic with a nice looking partly naked girl taken a shower I would be ECSTATIC :x, but that is just me, and it does seem that Takara/Tomy is not really thinking about all the collectors that are buying these figures. And you would think after the backlash of the Kiss Players, they would double-think this decision.
I have even noticed that some collectors are considering "throwing away" the instructions, and yes as a collector that is like a big deal. :BOOM:
Plus unlike the Kiss Players, there is no indication on the package that when you open it, you will be seeing cheesecake pics of female robots and naked "young" looking girls. Imagine a fan that doesn't pay attention to the forums or news boards, that buys the figure without any knowledge of all this. Now imagine for a moment that this fan whats to share this figure with his kids, again not knowing what awaits him.....I think (and hope) you see where I am going with this.

Anyways if I can find anything good about these comics it is that my favorite Autobot T-AI :BOT: is getting a lot of attention.....and hopefully (even though doubtfully) she will get a figure made of her in the future......and not one of her taking a bath. ;)^
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929935)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:25am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:@Primalxconvoy thanks for the reply, it's interesting then that they are persisting in this direction despite customers not liking it.

Vocal minority vs silent majority. Just because a few people on here say they don't like it and one guy asked his friends what they thought is not a direct indication of what the fandom at large wants.


I already stated that it wasn't indicative of everyone in Japan, but colleagues, friends and others I've spoken to in Japan seemed to agree that it wasn't appropriate. I had similar conversations some time ago with other Japanese about Kiss Players.

Also, there is no evidence to back up your claims of a "silent majority". I've taken the trouble to do (albeit circumstantial) research into this.

Where is the evidence or research to back your claims?

You don't need to do "research" you just need common sense. There are hundreds of people that visit this site yet only about 10-15 users at most actually comment expressing their dislike. If there were loads of comments from different people saying that they didn't like it then that's a different story.

If you want to take the fandom at large then clearly there's a silent majority because the comics are still being made. That's all the evidence anyone needs. It's not like Takara is saying "**** the fans let's keep doing what they hate" they're obviously getting enough support, or not getting substantial backlash for them to consider changing the content of the comics.



That's not correct. There can be many reasons for silence, including not being interested in the subject matter, not wanting to be outspoken/desire to be polite, or other reasons, too.

You have projected your own reasons upon what you believe is silence, with no facts to back up your claim.

In Japan, even though change DOES occur, the public isn't always as vocal as, can say Western public opinion. Also, my theory is that sales for Takara TF, especially Legends, has been low, so they have been sold in fewer outlets, to a smaller demographic. As such, there might be less interest either way and/or an outcry.

Regardless, the amount of people actually complaining can be seen to be irrelevant. It only took a few people at the start of any movement to create change.

So far, I can find little or no substance to your claims.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929936)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:32am CST
Michael Alex Kawa wrote:Thanks for the link to the new online comic, it is nice to stay up to date with these. :D
But I do have to say, even though I do enjoy the art of these comics (mangas), and have defended them before, reading all the comments about them, I have to also question why they continue to make them.
If fans (well most fans since I do like them) don't like these comics why are they being forced down their throats? :???:
Unlike the Kiss Players, which you could ignore, this is like a main line, and for a collector includes a more desirable version of a figure over the Hasbro counterpart.
And yes it does state that these figures are for ages 15+, but that doesn't mean that the figures need to have material included with them, that has very "questionable" art. If I am right Masterpiece figures are intended for Adult Collectors and they don't come with anything like this.
Sure for someone like me, if I got an instruction sheet with a comic with a nice looking partly naked girl taken a shower I would be ECSTATIC :x, but that is just me, and it does seem that Takara/Tomy is not really thinking about all the collectors that are buying these figures. And you would think after the backlash of the Kiss Players, they would double-think this decision.
I have even noticed that some collectors are considering "throwing away" the instructions, and yes as a collector that is like a big deal. :BOOM:
Plus unlike the Kiss Players, there is no indication on the package that when you open it, you will be seeing cheesecake pics of female robots and naked "young" looking girls. Imagine a fan that doesn't pay attention to the forums or news boards, that buys the figure without any knowledge of all this. Now imagine for a moment that this fan whats to share this figure with his kids, again not knowing what awaits him.....I think (and hope) you see where I am going with this.

Anyways if I can find anything good about these comics it is that my favorite Autobot T-AI :BOT: is getting a lot of attention.....and hopefully (even though doubtfully) she will get a figure made of her in the future......and not one of her taking a bath. ;)^



I completely agree with everything you wrote there. It's not just the subject matter, but the context in which it was and is presented.

And I'm no saint when it comes to it either. I've got plenty of adult material at home and I have no problem with different content in context, time and a place.

Put it this way, finding Sakamoto-sama's content in these toys is like the very real time I met this fantastic Sicilian girl in Chiba who "slept" with a henkei Starscream toy. I don't want one in the other, if you get my drift. In the same way, I also love alcohol, but I don't want free beer given away in happy meals to kids.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929937)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:40am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:@Primalxconvoy thanks for the reply, it's interesting then that they are persisting in this direction despite customers not liking it.

Vocal minority vs silent majority. Just because a few people on here say they don't like it and one guy asked his friends what they thought is not a direct indication of what the fandom at large wants.


I already stated that it wasn't indicative of everyone in Japan, but colleagues, friends and others I've spoken to in Japan seemed to agree that it wasn't appropriate. I had similar conversations some time ago with other Japanese about Kiss Players.

Also, there is no evidence to back up your claims of a "silent majority". I've taken the trouble to do (albeit circumstantial) research into this.

Where is the evidence or research to back your claims?

You don't need to do "research" you just need common sense. There are hundreds of people that visit this site yet only about 10-15 users at most actually comment expressing their dislike. If there were loads of comments from different people saying that they didn't like it then that's a different story.

If you want to take the fandom at large then clearly there's a silent majority because the comics are still being made. That's all the evidence anyone needs. It's not like Takara is saying "**** the fans let's keep doing what they hate" they're obviously getting enough support, or not getting substantial backlash for them to consider changing the content of the comics.



That's not correct. There can be many reasons for silence, including not being interested in the subject matter, not wanting to be outspoken/desire to be polite, or other reasons, too.

You have projected your own reasons upon what you believe is silence, with no facts to back up your claim.

In Japan, even though change DOES occur, the public isn't always as vocal as, can say Western public opinion. Also, my theory is that sales for Takara TF, especially Legends, has been low, so they have been sold in fewer outlets, to a smaller demographic. As such, there might be less interest either way and/or an outcry.

Regardless, the amount of people actually complaining can be seen to be irrelevant. It only took a few people at the start of any movement to create change.

So far, I can find little or no substance to your claims.

There is just as much substance to my claims as there are to yours. I'm done with this conversation though, you can only argue with a wall so much.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929938)
Posted by Evil Eye on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:46am CST
What I don't understand is why he seems determined to keep coming back to a thread he KNOWS will upset him, after said thread was split out specifically due to his whining. In fact he barely seems to post in the Legends toy thread!

ANYWAY.

The Octane comic? Meh. Seen worse, and the idea of Octane being a bit of a perv (in addition to his many other vices as suggested by his G1 toy bio) is interesting. In any event, the lewdness is happening to ancient alien robots so the "m-muh underage fictional characters" argument falls flat.

As for the Christmas special? Good to see the Autobot Targetmaster trio completed, and the rampaging army of mischievous Sweeps was very funny.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929939)
Posted by Randomhero on January 5th, 2018 @ 5:57am CST
Black Hat wrote:What I don't understand is why he seems determined to keep coming back to a thread he KNOWS will upset him, after said thread was split out specifically due to his whining. In fact he barely seems to post in the Legends toy thread!

ANYWAY.

The Octane comic? Meh. Seen worse, and the idea of Octane being a bit of a perv (in addition to his many other vices as suggested by his G1 toy bio) is interesting. In any event, the lewdness is happening to ancient alien robots so the "m-muh underage fictional characters" argument falls flat.

As for the Christmas special? Good to see the Autobot Targetmaster trio completed, and the rampaging army of mischievous Sweeps was very funny.



Because SJWs like him think they fight for you and speak for you even though you say a million times they don’t. He comes here and tfw2005 and says the same things over and over not to have a discussion mind you but just to be seen and heard and you will see and hear him.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929948)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 5th, 2018 @ 7:43am CST
I find the artwork amusing and like so many previous ones, hope someone will translate them. If someone had a Patreon and is taking donations to do translations, please let me know. :D
I enjoy these comics more then the IDW stuff to be honest.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929949)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 5th, 2018 @ 7:46am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:I find the artwork amusing and like so many previous ones, hope someone will translate them. If someone had a Patreon and is taking donations to do translations, please let me know. :D
I enjoy these comics more then the IDW stuff to be honest.


Why do you enjoy them more? What could IDW learn from these comics?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929950)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 5th, 2018 @ 7:56am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:I find the artwork amusing and like so many previous ones, hope someone will translate them. If someone had a Patreon and is taking donations to do translations, please let me know. :D
I enjoy these comics more then the IDW stuff to be honest.


Why do you enjoy them more? What could IDW learn from these comics?


I am entertained by these comics, but IDW I find to be lacking in Fun. When they first started doing them, they had all these different series and mini series and flashback series, and it was confusing, and hard to follow. I stopped buying them.

Every so often I will pick up a book and look over it or even read the whole thing int he shop, and I still find myself not entertained. To me, that is the purpose of a comic book, to entertain.

I know I don't speak for other people, but like I said, I just don't find myself entertained by IDW transformerverse stuff especially not with that cover price. I've considered picking up the collections to try again.

I just started watching the G1 series since I got the newest collection set, and even the worst of the episodes is still more entertaining the the IDW comics.

So basically like I said, the Japanese Comics are more entertaining to me. If they put these out in English in a graphic novel collection, I would buy it in a heartbeat and laugh my butt off reading it and rereading it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929951)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 5th, 2018 @ 7:58am CST
I understand that. There needs to be some sort of accessibility. It's like how some indie/mobile games feel more like games than ultra serious AAA games, right? That said, I still like gritty, serious media too.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929955)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2018 @ 8:19am CST
Okay, at least this new online comic isn't pornographic like the Octane comic was.

Looks to be advertising all the recent reissues, plus showing how White Lune switches over to being the Targetmaster partner of Blurr.

ZeroWolf wrote:Who's the cat girl? I'm somewhat familiar with the Japanese transformers but I don't recognise her at all.
That's White Lune, sister of White Leo. She's a new character created just for this series, first introduced back in Doublecross's comic and the prologue comic that led into it. She uses the Masterforce to don the Haywire Targetmaster armor, with this comic showing how she joins up with Blurr as his Targetmaster partner after having been first partnered with Doublecross.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929960)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 5th, 2018 @ 8:37am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Okay, at least this new online comic isn't pornographic like the Octane comic was.

Looks to be advertising all the recent reissues, plus showing how White Lune switches over to being the Targetmaster partner of Blurr.

ZeroWolf wrote:Who's the cat girl? I'm somewhat familiar with the Japanese transformers but I don't recognise her at all.
That's White Lune, sister of White Leo. She's a new character created just for this series, first introduced back in Doublecross's comic and the prologue comic that led into it. She uses the Masterforce to don the Haywire Targetmaster armor, with this comic showing how she joins up with Blurr as his Targetmaster partner after having been first partnered with Doublecross.

Thanks sabrblade :-)

I only find elements of the manga problematic as they seem completely out of place compared to the zany world that legends has created for itself. Take that stuff out and you're left with a very different but light hearted take on tfs.

Though what will happen with all this in the end anyway? Once, takara begin releasing power of the primes stuff that is as it's my understanding that legends will end.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929961)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2018 @ 8:41am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Though what will happen with all this in the end anyway? Once, takara begin releasing power of the primes stuff that is as it's my understanding that legends will end.
I hope it ends with everyone non-native to the Legends World all getting sent back to their native worlds and time periods. Metroplex especially since he's gotta go back to the G1 World in order to be present for his appearance in the Unite Warriors Offshots for the Aerialbots and Stunticons, which are chronologically set after Metroplex's return home according to the author.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends #48 Christmas Special Manga Now Online (1929962)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 5th, 2018 @ 8:43am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Okay, at least this new online comic isn't pornographic like the Octane comic was.

Looks to be advertising all the recent reissues, plus showing how White Lune switches over to being the Targetmaster partner of Blurr.

ZeroWolf wrote:Who's the cat girl? I'm somewhat familiar with the Japanese transformers but I don't recognise her at all.
That's White Lune, sister of White Leo. She's a new character created just for this series, first introduced back in Doublecross's comic and the prologue comic that led into it. She uses the Masterforce to don the Haywire Targetmaster armor, with this comic showing how she joins up with Blurr as his Targetmaster partner after having been first partnered with Doublecross.

Thanks sabrblade :-)

I only find elements of the manga problematic as they seem completely out of place compared to the zany world that legends has created for itself. Take that stuff out and you're left with a very different but light hearted take on tfs.

Though what will happen with all this in the end anyway? Once, takara begin releasing power of the primes stuff that is as it's my understanding that legends will end.


I agree. It does seem to be "tacked on". It's over thing to have the gag once (as fan service to the original Japanese shows, which has drunken dances, girls getting sexualized, etc), but it seems to be repeated every time. I'm surprised that there haven't been more drunk TFs in the comic, to bed honest.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC Buzzworthy Bumblebee & Spike" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY