Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look

Saturday, March 21st, 2015 11:03am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,289

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look

Credit(s): HQT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665104)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 21st, 2015 @ 11:09am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665108)
Posted by Triptykon on March 21st, 2015 @ 11:23am CDT

Also, on the packaging, they have done as I have, and reversed his arm cannon. On the Habro box (not sure about the instructions, I have them filled with allllll the others at the moment) the cannon id extended with firing tip from tank mode towards the end of Megs arm, flipping it as shown on the JP box gives him a far more accurate G1 look.

Still in love with this iteration of Megatron. Hes the best addition to the top shelf of my collection in a long time.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665113)
Posted by Rated X on March 21st, 2015 @ 11:41am CDT
Triptykon wrote:I prefer the duller look to the over all body Silver/Gray vs the Hasbro release, which is usually in reverse as the JP releases are normally the more metallic.

Top shelf huh ? Is that your way of saying even though he looks awesome he is TOO BIG to scale with the rest of your CHUG collection ? Lol I might skip this figure for that very reason. I might buy the armada version though if I see it in stores.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665116)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 21st, 2015 @ 11:51am CDT
Va'al wrote:Thanks to Australian fan HQT on Twitter, and via Seibertronian ScottyP's notification, we have a first look at what the Takara Tomy version of the Leader Class Generations Megatron figure will look like - though the source of the image is unclear (potentially the Japanese All Hail Megatron collection, including the bookmark we reported on a while ago). There seem to be some minor differences on the deco after all: a bit more silver around the waist, and possibly some kind of extension for the cannon in tank mode. Can you spot any others? Let us know in the Energon Pub after checking out the mirrored image below.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665117)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on March 21st, 2015 @ 11:55am CDT
Looks great as predicted. I still prefer the metallic sheen and added colors of the Hasbro version. That figure seems to "pop" more.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665129)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 21st, 2015 @ 12:14pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Also, the inside of the arms is silver. (Red on Hasbro.) This makes him slightly more cartoon-accurate.

The red on the inner arms is surely a refference to the G1 TOY.

That's a good reason for me to go Hasbro because G1 Megs is one very, very awesome toy.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665133)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 21st, 2015 @ 12:20pm CDT
:APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN: :DANCE: I can't wait, 'nuff said!! :VEHI:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665154)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 21st, 2015 @ 1:23pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

The red on the inner arms is surely a refference to the G1 TOY.

Yes. Hasbro sometimes shoots for the original toys decos while Takara generally for cartoon-accuracy. (fortunately for me.)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665225)
Posted by shajaki on March 21st, 2015 @ 4:38pm CDT
While I normally go for show accuracy, I feel removing the red from the inner legs makes him slightly more dull than I can tolerate. I probably won't decide until I can see comparison shots though.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665248)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 21st, 2015 @ 5:54pm CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665256)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 21st, 2015 @ 5:57pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:For me, this round goes to Takara. I really like and appreciate their attention to (cartoon) details.

Cartoon, or original toy accuracy?
What to chose? :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665270)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 21st, 2015 @ 6:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So in order make it more show-accurate, Takara's Megatron removes paint details from Hasbro Megatron's deco.

The rubber treads are now black. Nice touch.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665354)
Posted by prjkt on March 22nd, 2015 @ 12:24am CDT
Turret barrel looks normal length, just in it's extended form (Hasbro stock art forgets that step) and maybe a bit of perspective distortion from a wide angle lens.

And while Takara's might be more cartoon accurate, I prefer the Hasbro (again).

However, whichever version you prefer, we're all winners here
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665362)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 22nd, 2015 @ 1:44am CDT
Rated X wrote:

He ain't OCD with scale issues I magine.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665385)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 22nd, 2015 @ 6:13am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Rated X wrote:

He ain't OCD with scale issues I magine.

X should just get United voyagers Megs or Hegemon and be done with it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665398)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 22nd, 2015 @ 8:16am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:X should just get United voyagers Megs or Hegemon and be done with it.
He did get Hegemon.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665402)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 22nd, 2015 @ 8:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
He did get Hegemon.

So, why he's compla... nevermind.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665412)
Posted by megatronus on March 22nd, 2015 @ 9:07am CDT
I'm excited to see how he's packaged - no doubt it will be in alt mode, like the rest of the line. The Takara Legends line has been quite well done.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665695)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 23rd, 2015 @ 12:11am CDT
Sooo, Megs is compensating for something? :grin:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron First Look (1665823)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2015 @ 9:24am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Sooo, Megs is compensating for something? :grin:
When isn't he? :P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Human Alliance LEADFOOT Sgt Detour Steeljaw Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY