Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind

Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 3:09am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,554

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Via site sponsor TFSource, we have some confirmation on the upcoming figures to be released by Takara Tomy in their Transformers Legends line! Ranging from LG27 to LG31, the figures are, in order: Leader class Blaster, Legends class Rewind, Legends class Wheelie, Deluxe class Weirdwolf/Wolfwire, and the big bot himself, Fortress Maximus - check out the grey images below, and speculate away on redecos in the Energon Pub.

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Credit(s): TFSource


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788328)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 10th, 2016 @ 3:19am CDT
LG-30 was the mystery one, right? Kind of odd for it to just be Weirdwolf.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788337)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 10th, 2016 @ 3:55am CDT


Did they remold Fort Max's feet?

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788345)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 6:29am CDT
I guess this means that Takara isn't God afterall and didnt drastically remold fort max for him to be able to pull off his traditional city mode.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788351)
Posted by Randomhero on May 10th, 2016 @ 7:54am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I guess this means that Takara isn't God afterall and didnt drastically remold fort max for him to be able to pull off his traditional city mode.



I don't see how you can without giving him entirely new legs. Those legs and knees would need to be entirely redone to do it and to do so many our either have to deal with the back of his legs or sizes being completely visibly hallow or have to deal with huge fold out panels hanging off in city mode. considering his new city mode is technically a version of fort Max's city mode they-like hasbro-probably thought it was good enough and personably I think it is even if you're just laying him down and giving him the splits. It does look better than metroplex's where he just sits down.

Pretty sure the only retooling Max is getting is a new Heasmasters cartoon/toy a crate head for his smaller robot
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788353)
Posted by Prowl4 on May 10th, 2016 @ 8:14am CDT
Wheelie and rewind being accompanied by headmasters is a bit odd. Maybe this is takaras way of selling the additional heads that hasbro are doing separately.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788359)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 10th, 2016 @ 8:25am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:Wheelie and rewind being accompanied by headmasters is a bit odd. Maybe this is takaras way of selling the additional heads that hasbro are doing separately.

It seems so. Shockwave is coming with a head as well.

But at least they are getting Nightbeat and Siren's heads :MAXIMAL:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788361)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 8:36am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I guess this means that Takara isn't God afterall and didnt drastically remold fort max for him to be able to pull off his traditional city mode.



I don't see how you can without giving him entirely new legs. Those legs and knees would need to be entirely redone to do it and to do so many our either have to deal with the back of his legs or sizes being completely visibly hallow or have to deal with huge fold out panels hanging off in city mode. considering his new city mode is technically a version of fort Max's city mode they-like hasbro-probably thought it was good enough and personably I think it is even if you're just laying him down and giving him the splits. It does look better than metroplex's where he just sits down.

Pretty sure the only retooling Max is getting is a new Heasmasters cartoon/toy a crate head for his smaller robot

Yeah, I never thought it was possible either. I was just confirming what I believe most of us knew deep down, that Takara couldnt fix whatever people dont like anout this line. Galvatron is still a headmaster with the same gimick and Fort Max' city mode still doesn't look like a city. I love Takara, but I dont think any of us should have expected the amount of retooling needed (which you describe perfectly) to make it so different.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788370)
Posted by Randomhero on May 10th, 2016 @ 9:00am CDT
I never believed once they'd retool Galvatron because I don't it could be done without competely redesigning and reengineering the entire torso. I remember saying that over 6 months when people in here were throwing a huge fit saying. "Takara will fix it. They don't want characters who were not original headmaster to be headmasters."

Well...they didn't. I never thought for one second they would because it would be too much of a hassle and Takara likes gimmicks as much as hasbro.

I don't have any issues with none headmaster characters joining in on it because it's a total choice to buy them.

If I have had to complain about anything it'd be that we're getting extremely accurate characters with the gimmick. I like the drift retool of Blurr but I would have liked the new Blurr without the gimmick 6 years ago. Same with scourge. The original classics scourge is great but your can't argue him turning into his old bathtub alt mode. That being said in totally going to buy 4 scourge figures to have an army of man operated sweeps because that's awesome to me. Just wish the masters hands weren't hanging off his head.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788390)
Posted by Autobot N on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
Randomhero wrote:Just wish the masters hands weren't hanging off his head.
Solution:
See this Titanmaster?
Fracas.jpg

If you notice, it has a screw in its body. Unscrew that, take the arms and legs off, and screw it back in, and you have a better proportioned Scourge head.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788394)
Posted by Randomhero on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:30am CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Just wish the masters hands weren't hanging off his head.
Solution:
See this Titanmaster?
Fracas.jpg

If you notice, it has a screw in its body. Unscrew that, take the arms and legs off, and screw it back in, and you have a better proportioned Scourge head.



That's a good idea IF the arms are one piece but I think they're ball joints. I think that screw if for the sake of both front and back halves to stay together. If they're ball joints than you're just giving Scoruge Frankenstein bolts on his head
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788399)
Posted by StarFireMk4 on May 10th, 2016 @ 11:10am CDT
Sticking with Hasbro Weirdwolf on this one. >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788409)
Posted by Railbomb on May 10th, 2016 @ 12:13pm CDT
Is it just me or does it look like the pic of Fort Max they're using seem to be an early prototype before the got the Metroplex parts cast in new colors? :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788412)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 10th, 2016 @ 12:16pm CDT
StarFireMk4 wrote:Sticking with Hasbro Weirdwolf on this one. >:oP


Hasbro's Weirdwolf indeed looks great already, but I'll wait to see what Takara does with the deco, which I imagine is realistically not much, because, again, Hasbro's is already pretty spot-on. The bonus with Takara, though, will be the deco-matched weapon-vehicle accessory for Monzo to ride around in.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788413)
Posted by Mr O on May 10th, 2016 @ 12:16pm CDT
Will it be Nightbeat or Minerva?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788414)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2016 @ 12:21pm CDT
Mr O wrote:Will it be Nightbeat or Minerva?
It's Nightbeat. While the others are Goshooter, Cancer, and Bullhorn.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788441)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 10th, 2016 @ 1:57pm CDT
That Bot wrote:LG-30 was the mystery one, right? Kind of odd for it to just be Weirdwolf.


I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for Super Ginrai :lol:

Unlike the others, Weirdwolf will keep the US name for Japan, and not have it shortened like "Skull" (Skullcruncher) or "Wipe" (Mindwipe) like in G1. And wait a minute! That vehicle he comes with? It's Apeface's vehicle!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788445)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:06pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
That Bot wrote:LG-30 was the mystery one, right? Kind of odd for it to just be Weirdwolf.


I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for Super Ginrai :lol:

Unlike the others, Weirdwolf will keep the US name for Japan, and not have it shortened like "Skull" (Skullcruncher) or "Wipe" (Mindwipe) like in G1. And wait a minute! That vehicle he comes with? It's Apeface's vehicle!

Yup, and now we know it alsohas a gun mode (which isnt great).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788447)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:11pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:That vehicle he comes with? It's Apeface's vehicle!

Yup, and now we know it alsohas a gun mode (which isnt great).

All Titanmaster vehicles have a weapon mode, hasbro just hasn't shown them off at all, so we have to wait for TT to do that :roll:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788457)
Posted by Emerje on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:35pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:Is it just me or does it look like the pic of Fort Max they're using seem to be an early prototype before the got the Metroplex parts cast in new colors? :lol:

Yes, it looks like they're using the Hasbro prototype for that one. Blaster is likely their own prototype, being the earliest numbered in this set and therefore the most recent release and furthest into production. The rest are Hasbro's figures with or without the new parts, using grayscale photos to keep fans from jumping to conclusions.

I wish Hasbro would announce figures at such an early stage as this, it would be harder to spoil us with rumors that way.

I was hoping Fort Max would at least give us news on any weapons coming with him, but I guess the wait continues.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG27 to LG31 Revealed: Fort Max, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind (1788480)
Posted by Randomhero on May 10th, 2016 @ 4:33pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Just wish the masters hands weren't hanging off his head.
Solution:
See this Titanmaster?
Fracas.jpg

If you notice, it has a screw in its body. Unscrew that, take the arms and legs off, and screw it back in, and you have a better proportioned Scourge head.



I just looked. Those arms are on a ball joint. You won't be able to just take them off with unscrewing the body.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Kre-O A6950 Scorn Street Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Computron! Scattershot strafe lightspeed afterburner nosecone" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFSS 4.0 Spinster   Thunder Mayhem TFCC Targetmaster Subscription" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Crosshairs, C7 Corvette 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY