Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 12:32pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 35,060

Courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we now have an in-hand prototype shot of TakaraTomy's LG35 Ginrai from TFYuki's Twitter - an extensive retool of Hasbro's Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime, itself an extensive retool of Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus. TFYuki also comments in particular on Ginrai's wrist articulation, a feature missing on his Hasbro counterpart. Check out the image below and feel free to compare with our gallery of Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo

早く帰りたくとも帰れない時もあれば、早く帰れるはずなのに帰れない時もある。夏季休暇まで残すところ一週間、正念場です! 画像はワンフェスで展示したグレースーパージンライ! 手首の回転ありますよ♪

Translated from Japanese by Bing

If at home and want to go home early, early sometimes but would return home.
Left for summer vacation until 1 week, the moment of truth is! The image displayed at wonfes grace pasinli! Rotation of the wrist you'll ♪

Credit(s): TFYuki

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811734)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 12:38pm CDT
Just picked up Glavatron,Hardohead and Skull. So small the last two. Great looking in person but kind of small when compared to my originals. All I have to wait for next is an eventual Scorponok/Megazarak remake/re-issue.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811736)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 12:43pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:I like a lot about Ginrai, but my eyes keep getting drawn down to those "feet." And something about them, maybe the way the trailer wheels hang off of the ankle, I don't know, but it kinda ruins the fig for me. I will probably still get him, but he may stay in semi mode in my display....

I'm really hoping the feet look better in person...
I think that is the most off putting about the feet, that the trailer separates from them. I know that can't really be fixed, but that is the only issue I have. I still think he's better than my Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime in every way though :lol: :lol: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811743)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 3rd, 2016 @ 12:57pm CDT

As for Hardhead I prefer the Hasbro one. For me, Hardhead just looks better with a mouthplate like my old G1 toy. That's my preference.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811772)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 2:31pm CDT
I really wish he had the same type of big blocky feet that Titans Return Powermaster Prime has. He'd be a lot better then. Although not good enough for me to spend almost $100.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811782)
Posted by Emerje on August 3rd, 2016 @ 3:23pm CDT
I wonder if the feet were necessary for their version of God Bomber? I can understand wanting to make them look like the original, but I'm sure they could have made them more solid if they didn't have a dual purpose.

My only other hookup is the hand guns. While they're an improvement over the Hasbro guns I don't understand the shape. To me the should be massive canons, not skinny little laser rifles. And what's with the blue? I'm trying to find a still from the cartoon to see how they look there, but I can't find one to compare.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811793)
Posted by Railbomb on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:21pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811795)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:23pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:The most important question I have about Super Ginrai is are the eyes going to be red or blue.
Blue.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811796)
Posted by Overcracker on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:27pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Yeah the 'feet' look really terrible. The chest area looks improved though. New cab?

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811797)
Posted by Railbomb on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Blue.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811802)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:40pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:That's a shame. I would have prefered red to match the OG toy but it seems neither Hasbro or Takara wanted to do that. Maybe they'll end up releasing a titan master that can work as red-eyed PM Optimus under the mask.
On both sides of the Pacific, however, PM Optimus and Super Ginrai each had blue eyes in their respective television series.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811806)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Woah, Tommy went through a real makeover when he went to Japan.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811824)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:32pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811827)
Posted by Insurgent on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:37pm CDT
Nice and shiney paint. The new rifles are great and a very nice headsculpt. She has the same standing problem as Windblade. It's possible to get her standing but she can fall over easy if you're not careful. But she's a worthy addition to a seeker she;f.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811828)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:40pm CDT
Alrighty. Thanks!

Honestly I loved the design, it's very neat looking. I just wish it was leader-class, but eh. It works. You know? Mostly that's for scaling reasons. I love the larger figures for TFs.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811829)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:40pm CDT
Only real complaint is the heels, but those are an easy fix. Just pop 'em out and flip 'em around.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811830)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:44pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811831)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:46pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:Is there a guide of sorts floating around here for that Sigma? Or is it easily done to the point you don't need a guide and you can just fiddle with it on your own?

Just fiddle with it, no disassembly needed.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811832)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:50pm CDT
Ah. Good. Nothing overly involving. Alrighty. I'll post in Haul when I get it then. Thank ya much!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811834)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:56pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:So I have my eyes on the Legends Slipstream because I like her design and I don't have any female Decepticons. Something I plan to change here soon-ish. I know she's a retool of Windblade though. What are the thoughts and consensus on the figure? Any issues I need to be aware of? The only Takara figure I have otherwise is the Deluxe Transformers Prime/First Edition Megatron and I'm fairly happy with it.
The Windblade mold is a decent toy but very fiddly and sometimes some parts don't like to stay held together, but it's not terrible.

Though, bear in mind that Legends Slipstream is meant to be the Animated character proper in an upgraded body form, rather than a G1 equivalent version of the Animated character, thus her head has a very Animated-based aesthetic, and her deco has lots of shiny paint apps to match the shininess of the Japanese Animated line.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG35 Ginrai Prototype Photo (1811838)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:25pm CDT
Ah. I see. Even my TFP Takara/FE Deluxe Megatron is a bit fiddly with the parts staying together. It takes me a minute or two to line it all up, but once they get properly lined up they're good to go. Are the Slipstream and Windblade figures like that then?

Personally, I like the Legends toy more than the TFCC toy and it also appears to be cheaper to get than the TFCC toy is at least. I'm in mind to go for the less expensive way as I am a cheapo. It's a family trait I seemed to have inherited from my dad. We're very frugal. Heh.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY