Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images

Thursday, December 28th, 2017 6:37AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,264

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

From fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have a notification of the first images appearing of the in-pack comics of the latest batch of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends, following the Titans Return line released by Hasbro, which includes LG54 Bumblebee, LG55 Targetmaster Slugslinger, and some parts of the LG57 Octone and LG56 Perceptor manga issues, which can stay where they are, thank you very much.

There is the expected unnecessary imagery by artist Hayato Sakamoto (a couple of panels in particular), alongside a sort of storyline using Titans Return, Unite Warriors, Headmaster lore and more, and we've mirrored the first two comics (found on the back of the instruction sheets, and courtesy of TFW2005 user prime roller) below.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images
Credit(s): prime roller TFW
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928511)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:13am CST
So there's also an "evil" Spike in the Legends verse and the plasma energy blaster comes into play. Organics always triumph over mecha!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928524)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 28th, 2017 @ 8:47am CST
Bumblebee & Excelsuit Spike comic summary:[quote]Bumblebee and Spike Witwicky, once close friends, have drifted apart and now walk different paths in life—Spike has become an interplanetary diplomat while Bumblebee is now Goldbug, leader of the Throttlebots. In the current day, the person posing as Spike declares Goldbug a traitor to the Galactic Peace Alliance and orders the other Throttlebots to eliminate him, when in truth, the kill order exists because Goldbug has already seen through his facade and is out there protecting the real Spike.

Heavily injured by his assailants, Goldbug takes Spike and flees to the Legends World, where he seeks out Fortress and tells him what he knows before collapsing. Perceptor uses the Axalon facilities to perform major repairs on him, but rebuilds him not as Goldbug but as Bumblebee, believing his old form suits him again now that he's Spike's protector once more. Meanwhile, Fortress recognizes the exosuit Spike is wearing as an experimental Headmaster suit developed on Master that the human previously helped test pilot. He explains that the suit was developed as a way to help Headmaster Juniors wield their Masterforce, and paved the way for the Master-Brace technology currently used by them and Godmasters.

While Spike and Bumblebee are reaffirming that being apart will never diminish their friendship, the fake Spike arrives in the Legends World with the Throttlebots, claiming to be the real deal. Forming the head of Fortress's transtector, Spike promises to pay back his impostor back for endangering his best friend and attacks alongside Bumblebee. The fake orders the Throttlebots into battle, but they're reluctant to fight their former leader and stand back instead, allowing Bumblebee to blast the impostor. He retreats with his mask coming loose, and Bumblebee taunts him that he knows better than anyone how difficult it is to get the self-absorbed Throttlebots to follow orders. Following their victory, Spike and Bumblebee set out to find Daniel, who they know is also hiding out in the Legends World, and ask Fortress to lend a hand when the time comes to make their move against the fake Spike. They then drive off into the night, happy to be working together again.[/quote]
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928602)
Posted by Randomhero on December 28th, 2017 @ 2:56pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Bumblebee & Excelsuit Spike comic summary:[quote]Bumblebee and Spike Witwicky, once close friends, have drifted apart and now walk different paths in life—Spike has become an interplanetary diplomat while Bumblebee is now Goldbug, leader of the Throttlebots. In the current day, the person posing as Spike declares Goldbug a traitor to the Galactic Peace Alliance and orders the other Throttlebots to eliminate him, when in truth, the kill order exists because Goldbug has already seen through his facade and is out there protecting the real Spike.

Heavily injured by his assailants, Goldbug takes Spike and flees to the Legends World, where he seeks out Fortress and tells him what he knows before collapsing. Perceptor uses the Axalon facilities to perform major repairs on him, but rebuilds him not as Goldbug but as Bumblebee, believing his old form suits him again now that he's Spike's protector once more. Meanwhile, Fortress recognizes the exosuit Spike is wearing as an experimental Headmaster suit developed on Master that the human previously helped test pilot. He explains that the suit was developed as a way to help Headmaster Juniors wield their Masterforce, and paved the way for the Master-Brace technology currently used by them and Godmasters.

While Spike and Bumblebee are reaffirming that being apart will never diminish their friendship, the fake Spike arrives in the Legends World with the Throttlebots, claiming to be the real deal. Forming the head of Fortress's transtector, Spike promises to pay back his impostor back for endangering his best friend and attacks alongside Bumblebee. The fake orders the Throttlebots into battle, but they're reluctant to fight their former leader and stand back instead, allowing Bumblebee to blast the impostor. He retreats with his mask coming loose, and Bumblebee taunts him that he knows better than anyone how difficult it is to get the self-absorbed Throttlebots to follow orders. Following their victory, Spike and Bumblebee set out to find Daniel, who they know is also hiding out in the Legends World, and ask Fortress to lend a hand when the time comes to make their move against the fake Spike. They then drive off into the night, happy to be working together again.
[/quote]

Thank you magic man!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928603)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on December 28th, 2017 @ 3:05pm CST
So, now all the target masters are female piloted. I'm down with that. Though, it's cracking me up that the legends comics just continues to find ways to have the girls have wardrobe malfunctions. Oh Japan. Never change.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928673)
Posted by william-james88 on December 28th, 2017 @ 9:57pm CST
What I don't understand is how we have comics showing this content (and NSFW stuff in the Octone comic) and yet these are retail toys in japan with a target market still being 7-9 year old kids (boys mostly). I get stuck in what I find ridiculous arguments where people say transformers toys in japan are not aimed at kids (unlike everywhere else in the world) and while that doesnt make a lick of sense for a kids toy company, I then have these damn comics that really dont help that point.

Really, what would a 7-9 year old boy think looking at the Octone comic?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928683)
Posted by Randomhero on December 28th, 2017 @ 10:28pm CST
Because it’s not that big of a deal?

Seriously it’s not a big deal. I don’t think it is. I binged Dragon Ball last year and the stuff in these comics is tame compared to the stuff that goes on with Goku, Master Roshi and Bulma in the first arc.

It’s Japan’s comedy. People are too sensitive now.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928685)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 28th, 2017 @ 10:45pm CST
william-james88 wrote:What I don't understand is how we have comics showing this content (and NSFW stuff in the Octone comic) and yet these are retail toys in japan with a target market still being 7-9 year old kids (boys mostly). I get stuck in what I find ridiculous arguments where people say transformers toys in japan are not aimed at kids (unlike everywhere else in the world) and while that doesnt make a lick of sense for a kids toy company, I then have these damn comics that really dont help that point.

Really, what would a 7-9 year old boy think looking at the Octone comic?


A. Aimed to 7 to 9 year old......proof? Written or images stating it that as fact or policy by Takara

B. Japanese "target audience" you claim is much much more mature than the average western kid who needs to be protected from flying missiles from the likes of Bobba Fett
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928687)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 28th, 2017 @ 10:55pm CST
Randomhero wrote:Because it’s not that big of a deal?

Seriously it’s not a big deal. I don’t think it is. I binged Dragon Ball last year and the stuff in these comics is tame compared to the stuff that goes on with Goku, Master Roshi and Bulma in the first arc.

It’s Japan’s comedy. People are too sensitive now.


The popular culture Western puritans are really prudes alright!

Another case in point, Tatsunoko produced Superbook and Flying House had a scene where one of the characters taking a bath had a mosaic on his male bits. Tezuka/RAI produced "In the Beginning" had the first three episodes and some during the Fall of Jericho arc edited. The former had Eve fully naked (heck, the Bible described it as such) which was excised and the lady who helped the spies in Jericho had a scene that was shoddily excised.These shows were focused as "religious shows".

The latest Street Fighter has initially portrayed Cammy White with her extra details on her bosom. A subsequent update erased that detail (game is focused on teens folks). I can name an endless examples to fill up a warehouse full of Street Fighter II Super Super Nes version :lol: etc etc.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928688)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 28th, 2017 @ 10:57pm CST
Japan is much more lenient on what is considered appropriate for children than the West is. While such would be deemed borderline-to-right-on-pornographic in the West, the same isn't true over in Japan.

Though, things have gotten tamer over there since Dragon Ball's initial years. Toei themselves censored some content from the original Dragon Ball Z footage for the Japanese version of Dragon Ball Kai. But even then, the uncut version of Dragon Ball Kai still contained some stuff that was further censored for its English televised dubs on Nicktoons and (more severely) the CW, meaning that even with Toei's original censorship, Kai still had to be further censored for American TV while the objectionable content of the uncut version was A-OK for the Japanese broadcast.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928695)
Posted by Va'al on December 29th, 2017 @ 1:08am CST
Yeah, no.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928697)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 29th, 2017 @ 1:18am CST
william-james88 wrote:What I don't understand is how we have comics showing this content (and NSFW stuff in the Octone comic) and yet these are retail toys in japan with a target market still being 7-9 year old kids (boys mostly). I get stuck in what I find ridiculous arguments where people say transformers toys in japan are not aimed at kids (unlike everywhere else in the world) and while that doesnt make a lick of sense for a kids toy company, I then have these damn comics that really dont help that point.

Really, what would a 7-9 year old boy think looking at the Octone comic?


In the bold. Where'd you base that conclusion? :-?

I base my posts on FACTS! Straight from the horse's mouth......TAKARA

http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_lg/lg55

using a simple search engine known as google.

(LG-55) to ( LG-57). no editorializing etc just the facts
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928706)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 29th, 2017 @ 4:26am CST
The Perceptor manga is another reference to "The Face of the Nijika." Such a missed opportunity that Perceptor's head doesn't transform into a Nijika Titan Master. Perhaps someone will make one.

- [Page 1] - [Page 2] - (from prime roller)

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928708)
Posted by Randomhero on December 29th, 2017 @ 6:20am CST
Personally I believe if it’s a toy it’s for kids but with Takara I don’t think THEY focus on their stuff being for kids. I don’t think their focus has been that way for a long time now and maybe that’s why they’re having financial issues. They’re so damn picky and have to make everything looks as close as possible to a cartoon 30 years ago, won’t use molds of characters that dont have established fiction in Japan(twintwist and topspin im baffled are getting released by them) and go out of their way to fix tiny continuity errors only fans would know in the comics.

While these are toys, unlike Hasbro who’s primary customer are kids and the parents that buy them for their kids it’s not that way in Japan or for Takara. It’s not. Releasing expensive box sets like Unite Warriors and overpriced mall exclusives shows that.

As for what some deem offensive or inappropriate, again that’s their humor! To Japan that’s tasteful tongue and cheek stuff. Like I said about the first couple years of Dragon Ball stuff like that was in their cartoons and manga back then and that’s the humor Sakamoto and the people at Takara grew up with. It’s nostalgia. Just like how garbage like Stranger Things is nostalgic for everyone in the West.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928709)
Posted by Va'al on December 29th, 2017 @ 6:43am CST
Seibertron.com is a US-based family friendly website.

Whatever argument anyone wants to make to defend borderline pornography kinda stops at that point.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928710)
Posted by primalxconvoy on December 29th, 2017 @ 6:52am CST
There seems to be some misconceptions about "Japan". Firstly, naked, seemingly underaged girls in a kids' comic is just as weird over here in Japan as it is outside it. However, as repugnant as Sikomofo's work is, it's included with toys that did not see a mass retail release (unless it was in Toys R Us Japan), and, according to Takara's site, the toys were aimed at customers aged 15 years and over.

This seems to be a loophole, allowing content that definitely WOULDN'T be allowed in kids' comics, or TFs aimed at kids proper (like "TF Adventure" in Japan), which seems to be aimed at what some (misguided, IMO) Takara execs think adult collectors in Japan want.

Although there will always be slight differences between certain values regarding nudity, violence, etc, most places (especially in this digital, global age) have fairly similar views when it comes to children, especially Japan.

The stereotype of Japanese (males) being pervy, tiny emasculated misogynists simply isn't true. In Japan, it's usually reserved for "otaku", but then again, most nerdy Japanese aren't really that way, either. In fact, most TF fans I've met in Japan were either indifferent to Sikomofo's "fan service", or in agreement that it wasn't really appropriate. Basically, there was no real desire for such content, and it was the toys themselves that were the hook.

My theory is that Sikomofo was given the same carte blanche freedom with the pack-in comics, as IDW was with MASK, Visionaries, etc and probably for the same reason; they are not mainstream or considered important enough so "taboo" or political content can be included as the comic staff wish.

However, doesn't Seibertron have rules about nudity? I know TFW2005 has, which is why I've not seen any mention of this comic recently at that site.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928712)
Posted by primalxconvoy on December 29th, 2017 @ 7:01am CST
Va'al wrote:Seibertron.com is a US-based family friendly website.

Whatever argument anyone wants to make to defend borderline pornography kinda stops at that point.


Vaal, please excuse my ignorance, but didn't you upload this comic here? If so, your comment above seems at odds with the content you uploaded?

If you've got a problem, may I suggest editing the comics before inclusion? You could blur the parts you find not suitable for the site, which might also protect the site from copyright too (as the site would not then be hosting a full copy of copyrighted material)?

Just a thought.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928715)
Posted by Black Hat on December 29th, 2017 @ 7:32am CST
Oh god not you again.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928716)
Posted by Randomhero on December 29th, 2017 @ 7:38am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:There seems to be some misconceptions about "Japan". Firstly, naked, seemingly underaged girls in a kids' comic is just as weird over here in Japan as it is outside it. However, as repugnant as Sikomofo's work is, it's included with toys that did not see a mass retail release (unless it was in Toys R Us Japan), and, according to Takara's site, the toys were aimed at customers aged 15 years and over.

This seems to be a loophole, allowing content that definitely WOULDN'T be allowed in kids' comics, or TFs aimed at kids proper (like "TF Adventure" in Japan), which seems to be aimed at what some (misguided, IMO) Takara execs think adult collectors in Japan want.

Although there will always be slight differences between certain values regarding nudity, violence, etc, most places (especially in this digital, global age) have fairly similar views when it comes to children, especially Japan.

The stereotype of Japanese (males) being pervy, tiny emasculated misogynists simply isn't true. In Japan, it's usually reserved for "otaku", but then again, most nerdy Japanese aren't really that way, either. In fact, most TF fans I've met in Japan were either indifferent to Sikomofo's "fan service", or in agreement that it wasn't really appropriate. Basically, there was no real desire for such content, and it was the toys themselves that were the hook.

My theory is that Sikomofo was given the same carte blanche freedom with the pack-in comics, as IDW was with MASK, Visionaries, etc and probably for the same reason; they are not mainstream or considered important enough so "taboo" or political content can be included as the comic staff wish.

However, doesn't Seibertron have rules about nudity? I know TFW2005 has, which is why I've not seen any mention of this comic recently at that site.



Oh it’s there. There’s an entire thread about the comic, two actually and you’re menrtioned by a couple wondering when you’re gonna show up and throw a fit like usual

Seriously if you wanna act all high and mighty and be taken serious. Maybe start using the artist’s actual name instead of the childish name you choose to give him to be funny. I take these comics more serious than anything you say when you use it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928720)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 29th, 2017 @ 8:16am CST
Why don't we just stop newsing the comics? Obviously this site isn't mature enough to handle them based on both the news staff refusing to post two of the comics and a particular user throwing a shit fit every time they're posted.

Just take it off the front page so no one gets their precious feelings hurt, and let us who actually enjoy the comics and want to discuss them do so in peace here.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG54 and LG55 Manga Images (1928723)
Posted by Randomhero on December 29th, 2017 @ 8:26am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Why don't we just stop newsing the comics? Obviously this site isn't mature enough to handle them based on both the news staff refusing to post two of the comics and a particular user throwing a **** fit every time they're posted.

Just take it off the front page so no one gets their precious feelings hurt, and let us who actually enjoy the comics and want to discuss them do so in peace here.



BECAUSE VIEWS!!!!!!

Seriously might as well. Rest of the world has to make exceptions to the special snowflakes

Sorry we gotta think of the one(s) who get upset over drawings that are entirely based on comedic value. We gotta target the artist and call him names and make up names to insult him even though the company that produces the toys and prints the comics also approve of them
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
Twincast / Podcast #207:
"Through The Fargate"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar ACTION FIGURE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends LG26 Scourge Robot Head Master Action Figure Kid Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations - Roadbuster - Sealed - Light Wear" on EBAY
Buy "Used Kaiyodo Revoltech Yamaguchi No.47 Transformers Hot Rod  PAINTED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Optimus Prime Titan Hero Series NEW Age of Extinction!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Autobot SWERVE figure RED car TRUCK toy" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 3 Dark of Moon TOYS R US trading card Exclusive OPTIMUS PRIME toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Leader Dreadnaut & Decepticon Overlord Action Figures" on EBAY