Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed!

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed!

Friday, May 6th, 2016 9:14pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 43,068

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed!

Credit(s): ScottyP@Seibertron, くろさび @chromless

This article was last modified on Friday, May 6th, 2016 10:21pm CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787303)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:25pm CDT
Looks really dumb, not even remotely interested >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787307)
Posted by shajaki on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:30pm CDT
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787308)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:31pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:
Look at the bolded text right below the image in his sig.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787309)
Posted by megatronus on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:31pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks really dumb, not even remotely interested >:oP

A colored test shot might change your mind.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787310)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:32pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:

Because it looks stupid, has nothing to do with anything else >:oP

but yeah, the cartoon smoothness is doing this no favors - I honestly thought it was fake when I saw it...

megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks really dumb, not even remotely interested >:oP

A colored test shot might change your mind.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787312)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:33pm CDT
My interest in this figure mainly stems from Inferno being the only Transformer to ever be voiced by the late great Walker Edmiston. That man's talent was criminally underutilized in the G1 cartoon, as he only ever voiced Inferno and four forgettable guest/minor roles.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787314)
Posted by shajaki on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:36pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:
Because it looks stupid, has nothing to do with anything else >:oP

I don't know how you feel about MP Ironhide/Ratchet, but they're just as smooth.

Either way, I think it's rather nice. I just have no attachment to the character. I'd rather have Grapple (who I call Hauler :lol: ).

*edit*
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:
Look at the bolded text right below the image in his sig.
Oh. :BLACKEYE:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787315)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:39pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:
Because it looks stupid, has nothing to do with anything else >:oP

I like Soundwave, and Shockwave was cool, so is MP Nemesis Prime, that's all I like...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787316)
Posted by megatronus on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:40pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:

Because it looks stupid, has nothing to do with anything else >:oP

megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks really dumb, not even remotely interested >:oP

A colored test shot might change your mind.

My mental image of you is the goth kids from South Park.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787317)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:42pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:

Because it looks stupid, has nothing to do with anything else >:oP

megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks really dumb, not even remotely interested >:oP

A colored test shot might change your mind.

My mental image of you is the goth kids from South Park.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787320)
Posted by .... on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:22pm CDT
I hope they retool him as Grapple to go with the CW/UW Constructicons.

Also, the legs on this guy actually look better than the ones on MMC's version. That is a plus. This guy already looks superior.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787321)
Posted by shajaki on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:23pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:I hope they retool him as Grapple to go with the CW/UW Constructicons.

That Silly, is more guaranteed than the sun rising :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787323)
Posted by Seibertron on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:25pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Because..... you hate cartoon accuracy? :???:

Because it looks stupid, has nothing to do with anything else >:oP

megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks really dumb, not even remotely interested >:oP

A colored test shot might change your mind.

I agree about the cartoon simplicity ... this does not look good. The cartoon look needs to go. I have never wanted the simplified cartoon designs as our toys. I want updated versions of the G1 toys that take cues from the cartoon models, similar to what we've been getting until recently. I was excited until I saw this. Takara this is not a good direction!!! :(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787324)
Posted by Seibertron on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:27pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Not really, just really don't like G1 stuff in general, I've been really bored with Generations for the last several years :(

You're in luck then ... we've got Robots In Disguise and Rescue Bots!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787325)
Posted by .... on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:27pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

That Silly, is more guaranteed than the sun rising :lol:

Considering the fact though that they have not done a Cliffjumper retool of Bumblebee yet, I am not certain of anything at this point.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787327)
Posted by Seibertron on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:33pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
shajaki wrote:

That Silly, is more guaranteed than the sun rising :lol:

Let us hope they never do a Masterpiece Cliffjumper out of a Bumblebee. I'd like to see Cliffjumper transform into an actual Porsche and figure out how to do a proper Cliffjumper robot mode out of it. I'm OK if the Porsche is smaller than a regular sized Masterpiece figure, I just want to see him be a proper Porsche.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787329)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:41pm CDT
shajaki wrote:We hear numerous rumors about upcoming Masterpiece figures (most recently being Inferno teased by TakaraTomy themselves) but Seibertronian ScottyP brought us an update on the most recent one. Tonight we get our first glimpse at a delicious grey proto-type of Masterpiece Inferno, at what is likely the Transformers Fest event in Japan via Twitter user くろさび@chromless. TakaraTomy seems to be sticking with their devotion to cartoon accuracy with the Autobot Firetruck, making him a nice companion piece to upcoming MP-14+ Red Alert. See the pics below and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Inferno looks so intelligent!

Red Alert, here I come! :DANCE:

Btw, since this is a licensed Mitsubishi vehicle, expect Hound soon.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787330)
Posted by Kurona on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:41pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787331)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:45pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I'm not entirely getting the responses here... Masterpiece is a line -solely- dedicated to absolute cartoon accuracy. What were you guys expecting? If you want cool updates, check out Generations or Third Parties or even new versions of the characters in new series or something... but Masterpiece is a G1 Cartoon line - with a few surprises in Star Saber and Optimus Primal here and there - and that is what it is. It doesn't make sense to criticize something for being what it is, it's kind of ridiculous.

Actually, I used to think that, but it's been quoted from the designers that that was not the original intent of the line, this is the direction the line has taken of late, and can even be seen in the Legends line too, it's just the direction they are taking.

You look at MP-10, he had all sort of details and lines and such that the cartoon model never had, and as he's the standard the line is literally measured against, this is clearly not the case...

Here's proof, compare this:

to this:

Clearly, you can have a show accurate toy, without being completely smooth and plain, that is the issue
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Confirmed! (1787332)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 6th, 2016 @ 10:46pm CDT

Ditto. But give them their 15 minutes mein freund. Some solace to their individuality.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86 Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie Hasbro Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* OFFICIAL Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie SS-38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus 2015 7" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot 5 WFC siege direct hit power punch storm cloud viper pteraxadon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege War for Cybertron MISB Beautiful L@@K! Prime Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 35th Anniversary Sound Blaster Siege War for Cybertron NEW" on EBAY