Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images

Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 3:09PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,927

We have a pair of news for you today regarding the upcoming and highly anticipated MP-41 Dinobot.

The first set of news comes to us from Seibertron himself, where an email from Amazon Japan says that Dinobot has been delayed slightly, from July 31 to August 3, which makes sense seeing as how Dinobot would be released on a Tuesday instead of a Friday if they stuck with the original release date. You can find the quoted email below.

The second piece of news comes to us from Weibo user Samuel 1230, who has a new image of Dinobot, presumably from the Shizuoka Hobby Show, where many new Masterpiece figures made their debut. You can check out the new image, including a slight zoom in on the figure, below.

What do you think of the slight delay? Is it gonna drive you nuts to have to wait a few more days for your Dinobot? Let us know in the comments section below!

English follows Japanese(日本語に続き、英語でのご案内があります)

Amazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

お客様にご予約いただいている以下の商品の発売日が変更されたため、お届け予定日を変更いたしましたのでお知らせいたします。

"トランスフォーマー マスターピース MP-41 ダイノボット (ビーストウォーズ)"
お届け予定日: 2018-07-31 - 2018-08-03

"トランスフォーマー マスターピース MP-41 ダイノボット (ビーストウォーズ)"

Dear Customer: We have learned that there has been a delay with some of the item(s) in your order indicated above.
When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment.

尊敬的买家:我们了解到,您的上述订单中的部分商品出现了延误。
当您的订单发货时,您将收到一封电子邮件,其中会确认配送的日期、物品和方式。

このEメールアドレスは配信専用です。ご不明な点は、下記のURLからカスタマーサービスまでお問い合わせください。

Credit(s): Amazon Japan, Samuel 1230 on Weibo
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959665)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2018 @ 3:38pm CDT
Did we know before that his tongue was posable? Now THAT'S awesome.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959673)
Posted by Emerje on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:07pm CDT

It's also hard to tell how much of that darkness is from reflection in the display shots. It does have the brown tint in most stock photos so it's more likely this was a miss guided attempt to blend the reflectiveness from the cartoon and the flesh tones from the figure for whatever reason.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959697)
Posted by megamanfan on May 15th, 2018 @ 5:34pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I wonder if the sword color is another case of them using the wrong source images? :HEADHURTS:

Emerje

i mean, it's silver on the boxart behind it, so i'll assume it's a mistake.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959702)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on May 15th, 2018 @ 6:07pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959704)
Posted by william-james88 on May 15th, 2018 @ 6:25pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:Changing the release date is somewhat problematic for me. I have him preordered from Amiami and I set all my item to ship together. So having him move from July to August means a whole month longer to wait. That's not even what I have problem with, it's the other figures I have preordered for that month that's the problem. Putting Dinobot on August's bill means a much larger one for that month since I have three Figmas and Bring Arts Fei preordered for then as well. I'm just moving money from one month to the next but it's annoying when you already factored in how much you have to spend on figures each month and this moves a rather large price to a month that is already packed. I could also ship him by himself but then I'd lose out on shipping costs.

You probably will have to ship him by himself since (while it might have changed since I last shopped there) they only combine shipping for items coming out the same month. Unlike hLJ and Anime Export, they dont do pile of loot.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959720)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:27pm CDT
megamanfan wrote:

Emerje

i mean, it's silver on the boxart behind it, so i'll assume it's a mistake.
It's probably still just a test shot at this point, so the sword itself is one that has yet to be painted silver.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959723)
Posted by william-james88 on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:31pm CDT
With the subject of colours back up, I still cant believe Takara initially thought of making Legends Kup grey. I remember us totally making fun of a fan here who said he wanted a grey Kup because thats what he once saw on a show. And as it turns out he was the only one who saw the same thing as Takara lol

Glad that got dealt with though, I am sure this will be fine as well. My biggest pet peeve at the moment is how much the raptor mode is not uniform or fully connected. We see a bunch or robot bits tearing at the seams.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959739)
Posted by Emerje on May 15th, 2018 @ 11:48pm CDT

Back to the sword, can anyone think of another issue like this that lasted this long but was changed at release? I can't.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959767)
Posted by RacerCheetor on May 16th, 2018 @ 5:46am CDT
The images are from China, in an exhibition that Takara made between February 28 and March 1.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959776)
Posted by shajaki on May 16th, 2018 @ 7:44am CDT
Emerje wrote:They aren't entirely unreasonable at AmiAmi, you can always explain the very short delay of only a few days pushing it from July to August and see if they'd be willing to manually add it to your July order. They're very flexible with their policies, I've gotten them to cancel items even though it's against their policy and back in December I forgot to pay for an item because I thought I had added it to my combined December order but somehow missed it and they didn't close my account like they say they will. So the worst thing they can do is say no.

Emerje
Mmmm... experiences vary then. I found Amiami to be extremely unhelpful. I don't buy from them anymore because of it. [-(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959810)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 16th, 2018 @ 10:56am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959882)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 16th, 2018 @ 5:31pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:So if the release date has been pushed back, will that have a knock on effect on Shadow Panther? Given he is should still be on track for release at the end of August?

The delay was only 3 days, from the last day of July on a Tuesday to the first Friday of May, I wouldn't think that would affect too many things
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959912)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on May 16th, 2018 @ 8:37pm CDT
Thanks for the advice everyone but I've been buying from Amiami for several years now and am fully aware of how they work and how orders are processed. When an item gets delayed they create a separate order for that item. From there you can either leave it alone to pay for and ship out by itself or manually combine it with the rest of the order in the new month that the item would then be in. So in this case, I should get an email regarding the change in date. From there I can do nothing and get charged for Dinobot when he comes in and he'll be shipped out by himself or I can go into my account and then combine my now two orders for August so that he'll be shipped out with the rest of August's order.

The problem I'm having is with needing to re-budget the money from one month to the next. July's order without Dinobot is a lot less than August's order without Dinobot. Having to move a $200 figure from one month to the next is just annoying and could cause slight problems. Nothing major, it's just a nuisance and I like each month's bill to not exceed a certain amount so that it doesn't become a monetary strain. Like some have said, Amiami isn't the most helpful with things though. They screwed me over with an order during the hurricane in Florida last year when I didn't have power for over a week and they gave zero fucks.

As suggested, I could ask them to add it back to July since it will only be moved a few days into August but going by the fact that they couldn't care less about a natural disaster, I doubt they'd care about my budgetary complaints. That and the other figures I have preordered for July will most likely come out in the middle of the month. So it'll be more like asking them to wait for several weeks instead of the few days even if they would've had to wait that long had Dinobot not gotten pushed back anyway.

Amiami is a pain in the ass to use and their customer service sucks but they're usually the cheapest. Problems don't normally arise often so it's not that bad a trade off dealing with people who don't care about your problems if you can get your items cheaper.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959913)
Posted by william-james88 on May 16th, 2018 @ 8:59pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:

Amiami isnt the cheapest since they always incorporate the domestic tax into the price. Which really sucks since tax should not be imposed on international sellers, but they do it anyway. I have switched to anime export a long time ago. 5% cheaper and you can stack for months on end.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot Delayed to August, New Images (1959929)
Posted by Emerje on May 17th, 2018 @ 3:00am CDT
Since AmiAmi is currently adding features (user order canceling is in the works) I'm hopeful that they'll add a personal warehouse feature soon as well.

Emerje
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018