Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed

Friday, July 29th, 2016 5:33am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 43,101

What is entirely new from the ACG HK 2016 story, and brought to us by weibo user pancrazi, is the appearance of another Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece in the form of another Conehead: MP-11ND Dirge! He has the same MP conehead retooling as Thrust and Ramjet with unique tooling for the wings, new weapons and a different paint scheme. While it may be odd to see Takara Tomy toys revealed at a Hasbro toy show, Hasbro Asia will be the ones releasing and distributing the toy in Asia and international online retailers (The Hasbro Asia release is the one that comes with the coin). Check out the images mirrored below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Weibo pancrazi

This article was last modified on Friday, July 29th, 2016 6:21am CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810248)
Posted by Randomhero on July 29th, 2016 @ 6:18am CDT

I wanna pick up the toys and check them out! I wanna play with them without someone walking up to me and saying "sir please put that back you're a grown man"
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810249)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 6:19am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I'm not as surprised to see Dirge as I am with the fact that OTHER CONVENTIONS LET PEOPLE PICK UP THE STUFF?!?!

I think that may be one of the staff members (very casual attire, I'll give you that) setting up the Dirgesplay.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810259)
Posted by Randomhero on July 29th, 2016 @ 6:55am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

That's what they want us to think...

"Sir put that back"

"He's playing with it!"

"He's a staff member"

"Where's his badge?!"

"Where's yours?"

"Alright I'm going..."
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810260)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 6:59am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

That's what they want us to think...

"Sir put that back"

"He's playing with it!"

"He's a staff member"

"Where's his badge?!"

"Where's yours?"

"Alright I'm going..."

Usually the reason I wear red tshirts at cons, to be honest. Pretty sure if Hasbro dusts their Victorion cabinet for prints they can clone me straight away.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810261)
Posted by shajaki on July 29th, 2016 @ 7:01am CDT
:DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810265)
Posted by Randomhero on July 29th, 2016 @ 7:26am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

That's what they want us to think...

"Sir put that back"

"He's playing with it!"

"He's a staff member"

"Where's his badge?!"

"Where's yours?"

"Alright I'm going..."

A lot of great comedy going on this week on the boards and it's getting me through the week
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810273)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 8:04am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

That's what they want us to think...

"Sir put that back"

"He's playing with it!"

"He's a staff member"

"Where's his badge?!"

"Where's yours?"

"Alright I'm going..."

Catching up post SDCC on news, working two other jobs, in 100F.
Comedy is the way to avoid melting into my chair/floor.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810316)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:14am CDT
Wow, Dirge dies even in the displays! :lol:
No, seriously, there's a piece of what appears to be his wing hinge lying on the shelf :shock:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

That's what they want us to think...

"Sir put that back"

"He's playing with it!"

"He's a staff member"

"Where's his badge?!"

"Where's yours?"

"Alright I'm going..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dirgesplay is a Thew-worthy (Theworthy?) word xD
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810368)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:25am CDT
They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold. There were year(s) separating the main trio. Happy as I am to add to the Decepticon ranks, I need a break, man! This year has been waaaay too much. I am drowning.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810521)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2016 @ 4:27pm CDT
I like what I see.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810560)
Posted by shajaki on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:08pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold.
I hope not. They still got a couple G2 Seekers to make. And with the G2 MP love they've been showing I'm sure they'll get to it eventually.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810567)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:41pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold.
Not to mention additional Seekers like the other two Rainmakers, the Air Warriors, the Welcoming Committee, etc.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810569)
Posted by shajaki on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold.
I would buy those up SO fast, but I'm doubtful we get any official MP love for them.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810570)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:54pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold.

We got Acid Rain, didn't we :-s
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810572)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2016 @ 11:00pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold.

We got Acid Storm, didn't we :-s
Thanks to Hasbro, yeah, but I wouldn't count on much more than him since all of Acid Storm's toys had been Hasbro-initiated with Takara never releasing their own Acid Storm toys of any kind. Takara's release of MP Acid Storm was a straight import of the (cartoon-inaccurate) Hasbro version with a new ID number sticker slapped on the box.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810573)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 11:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold.

We got Acid Storm, didn't we :-s

Oh, it was hasbro only, guess it must have conflicted with TT not wanting to release every repaint out there, wasn't there also an mp sunstorm too? Maybe we should be praying to hasbro for these repaints as opposed to the other repaints we don't want, seriously, there's now winning with this fan-base :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810575)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2016 @ 11:07pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:They must be in a big hurry to retire the MP11 mold.

We got Acid Storm, didn't we :-s

Yeah, there was a Sunstorm from both Takara and Hasbro, but Sunstorm originated from e-HOBBY, making him a Japanese-original character, with his Takara MP directly based on his cartoon deco.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810580)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 11:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Takara made Sunstorm years before his MPs, and Hasbro made Acid Storm years before his own Hasbro MP, but the rest of the background generic Seekers have gotten no such toy love outside of some Fun Pub toys or some other obscure merchandise.

Yeah, I still want 8 obscure cw seeker limbs [-(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810764)
Posted by skywarp-2 on July 30th, 2016 @ 9:09pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11ND Dirge Revealed (1810770)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2016 @ 10:53pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:I'm probably going to get them once I get all my other seekers bought. But it's funny, the coneheads only last 1 season. I think they all died in the 86 movie didn't they??
No, they appeared in Season 3 too, particularly in "Thief in the Night" in which all three appeared together. And again in the Japanese Headmasters cartoon.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Leader Class SOUNDWAVE & Doombox" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Legion Class Cyberverse SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech Autobot Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Refraktor Reflector" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Dropkick AF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Dropkick Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Blackarachnia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE ENERGON IGNITERS SPEED SERIES AUTOBOT HOT ROD MOVIE TOY" on EBAY