Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image

Thursday, June 6th, 2013 8:56am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,939

Also from the twitter-verse, we have new image of Takara Tomy's exclusive MP-12T Tigertrack. This image comes to us from Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui, and gives us as side by side head shot with MP-12 Lambor. Tigertrack's head is combination of Lambor's helmet with Red Alert's face. Image mirrored below.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

Site sponsor TFsource has also posted a new image of the figure with it's accessories, pre-order yours here.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

Credit(s): Shogo Hasui, TFsource

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 6th, 2013 9:08am CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493120)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:17am CDT
El Duque wrote:Tigertrack's head is combination of Lambor's helmet with Red Alert's face.

Now that is a nice unexpected move. ;)^
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493122)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:32am CDT

So when are we going to get some Autobot/Decepticon commanders back in the MP line? Still waiting for a proper Magnus and a Megatron 2.0
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493125)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Yeah,I'm not too thrilled for this Sunstreaker Masterpiece figure as his horns don't even have the golden stripes added with the lack of the backseat engine kibble that made him a souped up Lamborghini.
Can't you read? It's not Sunstreaker. It's Tigertrack.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493129)
Posted by Rogueknight on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:56am CDT

WOW thanks for coming out. As every article for this figure has said its TIGERTRACKS.

Sunstreaker while IS yellow is not a carbon copy as Sideswipe. Streaker is a customized Lamborghini Countach LP500S, Swipe is off the shelf. And robot mode is completely different.

Different car looks, different robot modes, same color... if that is your only reason for posting like a idiot then you can call him Freewheeler too:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493130)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Can't you read? It's not Sunstreaker. It's Tigertrack.

As in, he's not based on this guy, but on this guy

Now, let's all move on and stop beating the poor guy...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493133)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:31am CDT

Sweet mercy, the Univers swipe/streaker mold certainly has a lot to answer for. And the designer of said toy being so clever thought he was doing us a favour. Look at the confusion the man has caused :HEADHURTS:

Anyway, as someone else said, enough of that. This guy is too expensive, but the evil sucker is making me want him. Seriously, I mean, clever head/ face swapping? Do Takara want me to buy their toys that badly (...yes of course they do!) But that's beside the point. I was NOT supposed to be buying this mold a third time. I was NOT supposed to be feeding my Diaclone obsession.

I just wasn't [-(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493136)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
Well excuse me if I didn't properly identify one of the many many Transformers in G1. When I think of Sideswipe,Sun Streaker usually isn't that far behind.

Plus the yellow color scheme could be justified as MP lines only have silver chrome and not gold.

Plus the Japanese naming of Side Swipe in this line didn't help matters.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493138)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:47am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Plus the Japanese naming of Side Swipe in this line didn't help matters.

Joke's on you, Sideswipe has always been called Lambor in Japan since his debut Generation One. It makes perfect sense for a Japanese-original Masterpiece figure to be called the Japanese name of the character it is meant to represent.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493139)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:51am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493143)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:04am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Well excuse me if I can't get minute details right 100% of the time. I'm not very fluent in my knowledge of G1 as I have never really grew up on it and have recently been watching episodes for a while now.

Which is why I pointed the finger at the Universe toy ;) I know that's bound to be %99 of the reason a lot of people were expecting MP Sideswipe to be re-painted into Sunstreaker the minute he was announced.

Live and learn fellow fan :D Trust me, should we ever get an MP Sunstreaker, he will be his own original mold based purely off of his G1 self. This fellow is Tigertrack, a very obscure, but very legitimate G1 character :BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493144)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493146)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I should add that "Lambor" is rather exceptional when it comes to Japanese naming, along with "Convoy" for Optimus Prime. In Japan, most kept their English name or got a variation of it, including Sunstreaker. The Mini-Bots don't count.

Why don't the mini bots count? Did they do something bad? :shock:
Let's not forget Condor and Jaga (Jaguar)

And I'm still not buying him... =;
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493150)
Posted by dragons on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:35am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493153)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:40am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Speaking of names, I've only just realised he's TigerTRACK...I keep thinking it's TigertrackS #-o

To be honest, Tigertrack"s" is much catchier than Tigertrack.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493157)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
dragons wrote:some harsh comments making honest misteake to tigertrack to sunstreaker, looks good in yellow not big fan of some japan character repaints

Not necessarily. I can understand why it would get people's backs up, especially since this has been an issue since Sideswipe was first revealed. A yellow Sideswipe does not a Sunstreaker make, not to those old enough to know and love him ;) We may be creaking at the joints but we are still here :D
Regardless...every news post labels him MP TIGERTRACK...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493161)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:59am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

To be honest, Tigertrack"s" is much catchier than Tigertrack.

Ah yes, but then we'd all be expecting a pimped out Tracks in yellow with black stripes :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493163)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

To be honest, Tigertrack"s" is much catchier than Tigertrack.

Touché. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493164)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:11pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:

Why don't the mini bots count? Did they do something bad? :shock:
Let's not forget Condor and Jaga (Jaguar)

Ah yeah, forgot those two. Even forgot about Meister for Jazz, Broadcast for Blaster, Laserwave for Shockwave and some others. :oops: Most of the original Mini-Bots were renamed in Japan, thus they're more exception than rule:

Bumblebee -> Bumble
Cliffjumper -> Cliff
Huffer -> Drag
Brawn -> Gong
Windcharger -> Charger
Cosmos -> Adams

Some of the names were just silly 8-}
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493169)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:

Why don't the mini bots count? Did they do something bad? :shock:
Let's not forget Condor and Jaga (Jaguar)

Bumblebee -> Bumble
Cliffjumper -> Cliff
Huffer -> Drag
Brawn -> Gong
Windcharger -> Charger
Cosmos -> Adams

Some of the names were just silly 8-}

Gong. That's just awesome.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image (1493179)
Posted by megatronus on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT
Maybe I missed it earlier, but I think it's a GREAT touch to include the Autobot symbol as a sticker, instead of a tampo.

I'm not a Diaclone collector, but I can imagine this definitely adds value for those that are.

Nice move, Takara. Nice move.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers RID Robots in Disguise Fracture Warrior Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime vs Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers United UN24 Warpath Generations Deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Deluxe 2006 RID Grimlock Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SMOKESCREEN Complete WFC Generations Select" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Robots in Disguise Megatron Voyager Classics  2006 Hasbro w/Manual" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 630509396436 Combiner Wars Victorion Robot Soft Vinyl Doll" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Universe Classic Deluxe Class: Starscream" on EBAY