Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images

Sunday, March 8th, 2015 2:46pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 26,177

Let this news end any speculation as to the fate of MP-23 Exhaust! Thanks to an auction on Yahoo Japan, we have our first look at Exhaust all boxed up and ready to find its way in collectors' hands. Due to widely reported legal issues surrounding this Wheeljack retool, some had speculated if he would be released at all. Though he may be difficult to acquire in certain parts of the world, now might be the time to have a slight sigh of relief! Check out the images below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

Credit(s): Yahoo Auctions Japan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660677)
Posted by megatronus on March 8th, 2015 @ 4:35pm CDT
I love that photo on the back of the box of him interacting with Soundwave. Huzzah more Decepticons! :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660699)
Posted by Economus Prime on March 8th, 2015 @ 5:31pm CDT
I don't know why I find his function of "Industrial Espionage" amusing, but I do.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660701)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 8th, 2015 @ 5:38pm CDT
Soundwave: Exhaust, you know what you must do.

Exhaust: I-I don't know if I can betray my sponsor.

Soundwave: They betrayed you long before this day; they wrote you off; you meant nothing to them. Take this and seek your revenge against all who forgot about you; all who those who wronged you; all at Philip Morris...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660723)
Posted by megatronus on March 8th, 2015 @ 6:21pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Soundwave: Exhaust, you know what you must do.

Exhaust: I-I don't know if I can betray my sponsor.

:lol:

Brilliant!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660726)
Posted by shajaki on March 8th, 2015 @ 6:30pm CDT

MP-23 Exhaust Box Images of Cancelled Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Figure
By BaCon on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Looks like the wheel are still turning on the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust figure thanks to some new In-Box Images that just appeared on Yahoo! auctions Japan via seller totosouen2. Could this mean the figure is still coming soon or will there be some of these cancelled figures floating around? Only time time will tell. Get a look at the box front and back in the meantime.

I'd like to point out, that no one anywwhere had confirmed that the figure had been entirely cancelled. Lots of speculation, news about no importing, and that recent bit about Hasbro Asia, but it being completely cancelled? Totally unconfirmed.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660733)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 8th, 2015 @ 6:48pm CDT
shajaki wrote:OK. I just read TFormers take on this. And... I don't know where they're getting their info from.

By BaCon on Sunday, March 08, 2015

I'd wager they're jumping the gun. Only foreign market e-tailers have canceled their orders of the figure. Domestic Japanese sellers will likely still get it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660735)
Posted by megatronus on March 8th, 2015 @ 6:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

By BaCon on Sunday, March 08, 2015

I would say so - HLJ still hasn't cancelled my preorder, so I'm hopeful.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660745)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 8th, 2015 @ 7:16pm CDT
I'm not going to sell anyone out, but at least one domestic seller has also not cancelled preorders. I'm sure this release is happening.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1660787)
Posted by triKlops on March 8th, 2015 @ 9:12pm CDT
Hell yes; he gets closer and closer to release.
The packaging looks pretty sweet too.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661151)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 10th, 2015 @ 1:26am CDT

Distribution wise, in the American market, there will be "issues" to put it lightly but the figure was not cancelled. Tomy went even further to re design the "M" pyramid pattern.

Sometimes, I wish the so called "reporters" would proof check their posts.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661316)
Posted by shajaki on March 10th, 2015 @ 1:02pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Just read an article about him. The poster(in another site) kind of presented that the item was cancelled.

Sometimes, I wish the so called "reporters" would proof check their posts.
I just read the same article. They are really pushing that cancellation angle. I dropped the news about Hasbro Asia in this thread late last week I think.
shajaki wrote:Image

What does this mean? I can only speculate, but when places like Toys R Us in Australia get Takara MP's on their shelves, isn't it technically Hasbro Asia doing the distribution? Or am I just really jumbled here?
All I'll say is, I'm still unsure what role Hasbro Asia has. But them cancelling distribution of Exhaust doesn't mean he's cancelled entirely.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661317)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 10th, 2015 @ 1:14pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

Sometimes, I wish the so called "reporters" would proof check their posts.
shajaki wrote:Image

Australia has its own local Hasbro department, much like the UK and Europe. They are the ones who periodically import high-end TakaraTomy figures like Masterpieces. Hasbro Asia does the same for its own territories in China, Hong Kong and Singapore, but having close ties to the main office in the US means no local branch can release MP Exhaust under the pressure of you-know-who.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661434)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 10th, 2015 @ 5:13pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
shajaki wrote:

Sometimes, I wish the so called "reporters" would proof check their posts.
shajaki wrote:Image

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661445)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 10th, 2015 @ 5:33pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:That being the case, collectors will be importing them by bypassing Hasbro then. Somoene must really be hedging on getting this fig to make a killing in the secondary market.

They'd have to find a middle man in Japan, which there are fortunately. You just need to find them :)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661461)
Posted by shajaki on March 10th, 2015 @ 6:00pm CDT
It seems our pal Exhaust is spinning around the rumor mill once again. As reported in the past, MP-23 Exhaust is the Diaclone inspired retool of MP-20 Wheeljack which has come into conflict with US laws prohibiting the sale of children's toys with advertising of tobacco products. And due to intervention of lawyers representing Phillip Morris the figure will not be allowed to be imported to the USA, causing many retailers to issue cancellation notices to all those who have preordered him. See BigBadToyStore's official statement below:

Hello,

We regretfully must announce that all preorders for the Takara MP-23 Exhaust have been cancelled. There has been an ongoing legal problem with this figure due to trademarked Marlboro roof/hood design that is not approved for sale in the USA. Takara modified the original design and went into production using a modified paint deco. It appears the redesigned paint deco did not go far enough to fix the problem, and Phillip Morris USA will still not allow this item for sale in the USA. We have been in contact with the law firm representing Phillip Morris and they told us that the changes were not substantial enough to eliminate potential consumer confusion between the Marlboro trademarked design and the current paint deco on the MP-23 Exhaust.

We apologize for the problem on this item, but we must abide by the requests made by Phillip Morris. We look forward to less complicated future Takara Transformer releases.

Sincerely,

Joel Boblit
BigBadToyStore

Retailer Toyer City has also reported that Hasbro Asia will be cancelling distribution of this cigarette inspired retool. But what does that mean exactly?

In the past you may have read stories of chain stores like ToysRus in Australia seeing Takara Tomy Masterpiece figures on their shelves. That is thanks to the distribution from their local office Hasbro Australia. This is much like the often reported Hasbro Asia which covers territories like China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Such a cancellation could mean that those territories will not receive the scandalous MP-23. However this does not mean the figure is outright cancelled. An announcement such as that would likely have to come from Takara Tomy themselves which has yet to happen. Many have also speculated that with the recent in-box shots and being slated to release this month, that an outright cancellation is unlikely.

Stay tuned to Seibetron.com for any developments in this Exhausting Saga....

(Special thanks to the all knowing Seibertronian Jelze Goldrabbit!)

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661462)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 10th, 2015 @ 6:02pm CDT
Why do I get the feeling I was indirectly quoted... :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661467)
Posted by shajaki on March 10th, 2015 @ 6:20pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Why do I get the feeling I was indirectly quoted... :-?
You were ;)

Also credited. Your help was invaluable, thanks Jelzy ;)^
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661472)
Posted by Seibertron on March 10th, 2015 @ 6:35pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661473)
Posted by shajaki on March 10th, 2015 @ 6:36pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:All of this back and forth is exhausting. Makes me want to have a cigarette. :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:
>:oP >:oP

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images (1661476)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 10th, 2015 @ 6:42pm CDT
I have a feeling without the more American online retailers; Exhaust is going to shelfwarm in Japan like a mother fucker.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "2013 Playskool Heroes Transformers Epic Optimus Prime Toy Large 22 Inches" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Sideswipe G2 and Slamdance" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Medix The Doc Bot Ambulance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Grand Slam Cassette Figure" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers cassette SLAMDANCE Grandslam Raindance figures only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Salvage 12" Action Figure Hasbro 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Ratchet Grapple Grab Blizzard Breaker spark armor Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Cobra Missile Command Head Quarter Hasbro Transformers Microman Takara" on EBAY